AndrasFyrborn

base completely gone

went into the server I normally play on earlier my base was fully intact came on 3 hrs later base gone as if never there before . I am curious was there a wipe scheduled or is this just a way to push players to quit playing spent a lot of time gathering materials to build took forever to find nails and plank spawns . I do not know why this has happened but my partner and I did not dupe a single thing . if this was a random wipe to screw the dupers ok but a little heads up would be nice .

Have a nice day !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's a persistence issue with the servers. A fix is currently being implemented on pc

Edited by bandito6000
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, bandito6000 said:

It's a persistence issue with the servers. A fix is currently being implemented on pc

A workaround is being tried on PC, you can still loose a half hour or more worst case but better than nothing at this point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bandito6000 said:

As he said.

2 hours ago, BCBasher said:

you can still loose a half hour or more worst case but better than nothing at this point. 

That should not be the case. If you experience something like this on PC, please report with all details on time, server, affected objects and location to our Feedback Tracker.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

*snip*

That should not be the case. If you experience something like this on PC, please report with all details on time, server, affected objects and location to our Feedback Tracker.

My server is in my house and haven't felt a need to crash the last two patches to prove a point about timestamps I can see.

I look in the storage backup folder and the timestamps on the backups are still at 30 minute intervals not 30 seconds like you said in another post. That kind of means if you crash 29 minutes after a backup you're loosing about ah half hour, I can't for the life of me understand why it needs 12 roll back points as far back as 6 hours either? 

28 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

My server is in my house and haven't felt a need to crash the last two patches to prove a point about timestamps I can see.

I look in the storage backup folder and the timestamps on the backups are still at 30 minute intervals not 30 seconds like you said in another post. That kind of means if you crash 29 minutes after a backup you're loosing about ah half hour, I can't for the life of me understand why it needs 12 roll back points as far back as 6 hours either?  

Reporting issues is not about proving a point, it's about locating and resolving your problems. You appear to have quite good access to your server data, so the most efficient way would be for you to contact the Feedback Tracker, providing the files causing problems for you (in this case the backups only happening every 30 minutes) and asking for help or a fix from our side.

Everything else can cause confusion, resulting in delay, which is not helping anyone.

13 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

Reporting issues is not about proving a point, it's about locating and resolving your problems. You appear to have quite good access to your server data, so the most efficient way would be for you to contact the Feedback Tracker, providing the files causing problems for you (in this case the backups only happening every 30 minutes) and asking for help or a fix from our side.

Everything else can cause confusion, resulting in delay, which is not helping anyone.

It's a non issue for me at this point, you said in another post this morning it's 30 seconds so I looked in my backup folder and it's only backing up every 30 minutes if players are connected apparently. 

You work for the company, you tell me how it it gets no more that 30 seconds lost when it's only making backups every 30 minutes? 

I've asked two or three times in EXP to get an explanation on why it's 12 half-hour segments instead of 2 five minute ones or a maybe give us a line in serverDZ.cfg  to tune the interval ourselves.

6 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

It's a non issue for me at this point, you said in another post this morning it's 30 seconds so I looked in my backup folder and it's only backing up every 30 minutes if players are connected apparently. 

You work for the company, you tell me how it it gets no more that 30 seconds lost when it's only making backups every 30 minutes? 

I've asked two or three times in EXP to get an explanation on why it's 12 half-hour segments instead of 2 five minute ones or a maybe give us a line in serverDZ.cfg  to tune the interval ourselves.

The most up-to-date storage files plus two fail-saves (which are used when one segment is corrupted) are stored in the data folder, taken 30 seconds apart. The backups (complete snapshots stored in the backup folder, taken every 30 minutes, frequency can be tweaked manually by you as the server owner) are for manual restoration.

To clear the other point, this is not the place for technical support, neither is it troubleshooting. You are currently trying to force technical explanation on PC server files in the Xbox New Player Discussion. Please refer to the right topics in the future.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

The most up-to-date storage files plus two fail-saves (which are used when one segment is corrupted) are stored in the data folder, taken 30 seconds apart. The backups (complete snapshots stored in the backup folder, taken every 30 minutes, frequency can be tweaked manually by you as the server owner) are for manual restoration.

To clear the other point, this is not the place for technical support, neither is it troubleshooting. You are currently trying to force technical explanation on PC server files in the Xbox New Player Discussion. Please refer to the right topics in the future.

Thank you,

I think you answered a half dozen other questions I had in that link too.

Coincidentally my server crashed overnight and after a bit longer than normal start up it did a self restore.

To be perfectly clear, I'm not really trying to force anything, I just successfully got the answer(s) I was trying to get by asking in the right places for a week or two.

• Beans 1

I like to see impulz reply as it gives me faith in the developers actually caring about the game, I also don't like threads lumike these as you made a statement asking whether wipes were made to make people quit playing, ofourse not, regardless of whether. The devs are good or not they are not trying to make anyone quit the game

That’s sucks. 

Funny. My buddy and I found a medium tent. Had a camp net on it, stashed some pistols, food and drinks, shotguns and shells. 

Next day we returned it was looted empty but tent / cammo remained. So we moved it in general area, same town and restashed items. 

Later that night, returned and it was looted but again tent / cammo remained. 

So I took the tent, went into a building, set it up in a bedroom, stashed some stuff in it, stab vest, shotguns, ammo.  

It remained for 4 days in a bedroom UNTOUCHED. Hmmmmm. Then finally disappeared. Which I expected anyways.