91BlackFox91

KEYBOARD & MOUSE SUPPORT FOR XBOX

Hello to all of the DayZ production team and survivors!

Just a food for thought, that’s if it’s not all ready been mentioned. 
With the release of Keyboard & Mouse compatible games late last year via the windows update.
It could be a good idea to introduce this feature to the Xbox edition of DayZ.
It would be a smooth and easy transition of the same key bindings straight from the PC edition, also introducing a more precise and quicker response with the mouse rather then the controller when pinned down in a PVP situation. 
It will allow the player to fully customise there own individual key bindings depending on certain preferences or game styles.

Anyway, just a thought. If it happens, then you’ve got one supporter right here.

Many thanks, keep up the great work and time invested!
91BlackFox91

Let’s get support behind this to ensure the Xbox Community doesn’t miss out on this feature!

Leave your name on here as you pass to show your support!

They've already stated it's coming. Can't wait to try it my self.

Microsoft Xbox officially said K&M is coming : link above  - they list DayZ as one of the included games for K&M.

BI have indicated (on this blog somewhere.. if you look for it).. that separate servers will be used for for K&M Xbox and Controller Xbox

I GUESS - the reason for this is the totally different control structure for the two input devices - and also the impossibility of equalizing the two, to give players on a single server the same fair chance in any circumstance...  So K&M will show up on Xbox DayZ, but only on servers for Xbox K&M. that's how I understand it.

I guess it's a pity (from the PC  POV) that PC players and Xbox players can't ALL meet up on one server, just to prove once and for all that us PC dudes and dudesses are totally in every way set up with a better rig AND ALSO by natural selection smarter, eviler, faster, more intelligent and 900% deadlier. So - for your own good - unfortunately the planned technology won't ever let you come and Get Some.

I'm not being PC elitist .. it's just Darwinian selection, drippin red in tooth and clawZ..  -  ain't MY fault.

xp

Edited by pilgrim*
-
  • Haha 1

This sounds useful for console players, but doesn't this give you unfair advantage over the other players? It's like using Bluestacks for mobile games.

12 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

This sounds useful for console players, but doesn't this give you unfair advantage over the other players? It's like using Bluestacks for mobile games.

Yep, and that's why when they do implement k&m, they will have their own servers seperate from controller users.

Without aim assist k&m is OP against controllers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Man Parts 241 said:

aim assist

aim assist is for the WEAK 
                              .. the WeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaK 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 5:30 PM, Man Parts 241 said:

Yep, and that's why when they do implement k&m, they will have their own servers seperate from controller users.

I can imagine it being a weird space between wanting to just go PC, yet not taking the plunge for one reason or another..

On 2/1/2019 at 7:22 PM, pilgrim* said:

aim assist is for the WEAK 
                              .. the WeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaK 

If you think there’s a large amount of repeat threads here..you should’ve been around the PUBG Xbox forums last year...

The amount of “WE NEED AIM ASSIT” topics would make the most steadfast mod shudder.

Personally, I’m absolutely loving the fact us “console plebs” are finally seeing a bridge between the great games pc players have been enjoying for years.

• Beans 2

Great a bunch of try-hards from PC going to go and whoop up on everybody on Xbox with their mouse and keyboard. I do not support this I've played on mouse and keyboard and on controllers and there is a huge advantage with mouse and keyboard. Microsoft lost some major points with me because of this

On 2/1/2019 at 2:30 PM, Man Parts 241 said:

I don't support aim assist but I also don't support keyboard and mouse on a console. Going to be a bunch of try-hards taking over all of the servers for Xbox. Sad really

13 hours ago, Jake Blake said:

Great a bunch of try-hards from PC going to go and whoop up on everybody on Xbox with their mouse and keyboard. I do not support this I've played on mouse and keyboard and on controllers and there is a huge advantage with mouse and keyboard. Microsoft lost some major points with me because of this

do some research first, would've save you the rant. 

Gentlemen, please don’t let this thread effect your life to much. 

Some of us would like to try the K&M support, and I thank those who have directed me personally to the quotes of Bohemia to address this topic.

Lets keep a broad mind, welcome new ideas to game, and enjoy it for what it is.

Cheers 

91BlackFox91