Badlywrapdkebab

383 Hours Played and I find my 1st Heli Crash...

I have not seen a crash site since .62 and even back then they were not spawning anything exciting. Can anyone else drop a comment on what you have found at a crashsite of recent that would be considered to be worthy ?

found an svd at a uh1 crash site, no magazine or bullets though

The sites are much more dispersed around the map than in pre .63 builds, so that actually looking for them as a playstyle (like the old Green Mountain loop) is pretty much impossible. 

Certainly on modded servers, guns are spawning at them again. Unsure about the public hive though.

36 minutes ago, Mookie (original) said:

The sites are much more dispersed around the map than in pre .63 builds, so that actually looking for them as a playstyle (like the old Green Mountain loop) is pretty much impossible.

That's an interesting thing to hear. How far to the coast do they reach? I imagine there's still some distance between the player spawn points and the heli ones?

1 hour ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

That's an interesting thing to hear. How far to the coast do they reach? I imagine there's still some distance between the player spawn points and the heli ones?

They're  still all on the west of the map, but much more top to bottom now. There always was a site as far south as Kamenka, but there are others in that area too now - and they go up as far as the far NW/Tisy area.

The easternmost one is to the east of Novy I think.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

Certainly on modded servers, guns are spawning at them again. Unsure about the public hive though.

They should make a marked trail around that green mountain loop- I did that run so many times I probably wore a foot trail myself.

7 hours ago, eno said:

They should make a marked trail around that green mountain loop- I did that run so many times I probably wore a foot trail myself.

Same. In the 40- and 50- patches, crash site hunting and trading was a viable (if slightly tedious) playstyle. Ah, the rush of seeing a plume of smoke (or even two) in the distance...

• Like 1