ImpulZ

Xbox Feedback Round - January 2019

Make it possible to change ADS preferences. I shouldnt have to hit two buttons to aim down my sights. In pubg they allow changing of control layout. A / B layouts. B lets you use holding down LT for direct ADS and then tapping Rb to switch to over the shoulder. Rather than LT then Rb then shoot.(that is if it doesnt glitch and character doesnt even ADS at all.) One step too many that gets alot of people killed. And very very annoying to have to hit two buttons to fire a weapon at its most accurate state. And 3 buttons to aim down a scope? Serious? 3 buttons? Too many steps!

12 minutes ago, Skyjhaynes_09 said:

*Auto running when on long journeys 

*battery photo in inventory 

*zucchini seeds glitches and sometimes crash 

*People responding in other people’s base

*speed up player speed so it doesn’t take forever to move around map takes up to much time to get stuff done 

*put game tag name above heads and change colors accordingly to what squad or tribe you accept to join

*fish and fishing pole

*bow and arrows

*bears

*zombies bang on door and reach through windows 

*climbing &vaulting (RB)

*fridge keep food fresh

*base defense trip wires alarms ,base cameras,

*baseball bat

* fix sky

*knife melee instant kill 

*make weapon strike connect to players and zombies and more blood when striking zombies and new animations for zombie drop and fallen

*weapon stike melee

*umbrellas

*make demolition bases hard and longer to take down( the circle it takes to knock one wall make it have 2-3 circles before demolition

*lets us drive faster then 30 mph before lagging into a ditch 

*  put rocks so we can build bases out of rock 

*portable heater (winter)

*please get rid of red death screen and put in replay of death or player who killed you

*server wipe out bases 6-12 month 

*lighter ?

*Fix that annoying wind sound affects in the start of the game and when it randomly cuts on find a better wind sound 

Gamertags?  Play CoD or Battlefield.  There are no gamertags in REAL LIFE. 

3 minutes ago, Skyjhaynes_09 said:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

My minor complaints:

Head torches are useless

Lack of 9V battery and 7.62x54R icons in the inventory

Lack of variety of weapon types

My major complaints:

Server hopping

Duping

Persistence

Inconsistency in the effectiveness of hitting 'Y' to reload (then again, I could just be doing something wrong)

Suppressors going 'tits up' after a few uses.  If a suppressor gets hit by gunfire, then sure.  But normal usage?  Suppressors should require occasional cleaning, and if not cleaned, then cause your gun to jam.  But to have them ruined?  NOT realistic.

Not being able to use proximity (game) chat while in party chat. 

Headtorches useless? I’ll admit it took me a minute how to figure it out how to turn it on but If you have a 9volt battery and hold headtorch in your hands you can turn it on. But it would be nice to be able to switch in on and off while wearing it.

PLEASE READ!!!

1. FIX THE RELOAD. I’ve died so many times because hitting Y doesn’t reload a mag it just switches my hot key.

[Suggestion] Tapping X should be the reload and double tapping Y should bring out a side arm. yes I know holding X drops the item in hand they can leave that in, I genuinely like that feature in case I have to quickly pull out a weapon when I have something in hand) FIXING RELOAD SHOULD BE NUMBER 1

2. INVENTORY NAVIGATION NEEDS TO BE SMOOTHER. I’ve also died because my game will lag when I try to go into my inventory to reload because the primary option (hitting Y) doesn’t work. Also multiple instances where I’m stuck in my inventory when trying to Micromanage or even just in general. For example I’ll try to scroll down to my backpack but I can’t go down I can only go up, so when I try to put an item into my backpack (or somewhere else) I can only navigate up and get to my backpack items that way, instead of going directly down to my backpack. Also when picking up a bunch of items at a time it eventually just stops working and I have to micromanage the items on the ground into my inventory.

3. RENDERING ISSUES. This ones simple things just don’t load in fast enough. I have the Xbox one X, and the most common example I can think of is when I look into binoculars and it just looks like playdoh then my game freezes for a split second and then things slowly start to render in and my game lags while it does. same thing while looking down weapon scopes.

4. CAN’T SLIDE DOWN LADDERS. When trying to slide down a ladder my character kinda glitches for a second like it registers the command but just doesn’t do it.

5. PLEASE ADD BOW AND ARROW. Adding the bow and arrow would help fresh spawns defend themselves easier. Not only because of bandits just wanting to kill fresh spawns, but also against zombies since weapons with mags aren’t easy to find right away.

6. FRAME RATE. High pop servers and even 1v1 gun fights are way to laggy and the frames drop way too much so much so that even my game crashes with an Xbox one X

7. MAJOR CLIPPING ISSUES WITH HATS AND MASKS. Hair and face sometimes appears through the clothing 

8. RARITY. Last week I searched everyday for an M4 and Standardized Suppressor, 2 days ago I found an M4 and only yesterday found the Suppressor I searched Kamensk, Tisy, and NWAF everyday. It’s crazy to me how hard it was to find I understand Suppressors are rare but maybe increase the spawns a tad

9. GHILLIE CRAFTING. Since we’re fresh off the topic of rarity I wanna get this out of the way. 1 burlap sack should give you 2-3 burlap strips or increase the spawn of them because it’s way to hard to find. My entire time playing Dayz I’ve probably found 6 sacks and 2 netting’s no exaggeration.

10. PROXIMITY CHAT. For the most part the game chat itself is fine besides the fact it doesn’t work while in a party, but the voices need to fade and get softer the farther away someone is, at the moment I could be a decent distance from someone and it sounds like they’re right next to me until all of a sudden their voices cut out. 

[Suggestion] Friday the 13th game has a pretty good proximity chat Im sure the community would like it if you could try to mirror that.

11. ZOMBIE COMBAT. Zombies glitch out way to much and hitting them with a melee sometimes is ridiculously hard because they either hit me from a mile away or the weapon just isn’t registering the hit. Also why do I have to hit a zombie 4-5 times with a hatchet to kill it? Doesn’t make sense.

12. STEALTH. I feel like we should be able to insta kill a zombie or even other players by sneaking up behind it/them with a knife, Hatchet, or Axe. A lot of the time a zombie will spot me while I’m on another side of a wall or in cover.

ADDITIONS: 

1. ROLE PLAY SERVERS. Imagine the role play and Realism that can be accomplished by having specific servers where people are forced to speak in game only, no parties.

2. ADDITIONAL WEAPONS. I would love to see the Scar Assault Rifle, M1911 Pistol, and more Snipers.

3. PISTOL HOLSTERS. It’s always bothered me that I could never put my Handgun on my hip it would make the game more realistic, Fun, and Cool walking around with a Rifle in hand and Handgun on your hip instead of in your bag during the apocalypse.

4. HOSTAGES. I think it would be cool if you could hold someone hostage by getting up behind them with a gun in hand and putting a gun to their head like in the movies when the criminal is trying to barter with the police for something while having an arm around the hostages neck and gun to their head!

THANK YOU DAYZ!!!

If you read all of this I wanna thank you so much for taking the time to see my opinions and thoughts. I love this game and want it to succeed this is honestly my favorite game, I can’t wait to see what the future holds. See you in the next update!

Edited by KapuGod

Would it be possible to make it that tents less picky to be placed like there are even sheds which you would think have a flat floor , and the tents still can't be placed so finding a place in the woods is exceptionally hard and if you find a spot you would be luck if you can place more than 1 or 2 tents as these perfectly flat locations aren't normally that big.. don't get me wrong there are places where you can place a lot of tents but the amount of these locations are so small that people know where to look for these bases 

• Like 1

Just now, Bryan Yee said:

Headtorches useless? I’ll admit it took me a minute how to figure it out how to turn it on but If you have a 9volt battery and hold headtorch in your hands you can turn it on. But it would be nice to be able to switch in on and off while wearing it.

Oh.  I didn't try that.  I guess that would work, but like you said......a little inconvenient to have to take it to the hands first, then to the head.

More graphic blood wounds when hitting or stabbing a zombie, body parts from gun blows or cutting off  zombies and enemies 

• Like 1

Sleep would be a cool feature. Lack of sleep could cause multiple problems for a character. Bad aim. Slower movements. Passing out. You could add cots or make the million useless beds useful. Like a water fountian but with sleep. Make a laydown animation on the bed or ground. Have it like a logout screen. A button to activate and hit B to wake up. Characters lays down to sleep. Screen blackout and timer.  About 15 seconds for ok rest. 30 seconds good rest. And 45 seconds max for well rested for upto 1 or 2 hours of wake time with negative effects happening after 3/4 of wake time. Dare to be well rested? It would add a new level of fright and need for your character. We all have to sleep. And in the apocalypse. It would be terrefying to sleep alone.

• Haha 1

In item desciptions. Tell us what items can be attached to a wearable item. Like the guns are explained with the pictures. Flashlight. Sights. Mag. So on. But i never knew fish hooks went in hats. Or what attaches to the ballistic vest. 

• Like 1

IDs for trophy items would be cool. Like a weightless ID card. When you add character customization. Allow to add a Name and country. Like im an american. I could name my character Ricky Bobby. (Or just gamer tag) His nationality is USA. Then when spawned in have a weightless id that could be collected when killed. Cool for bandits and would give sense to the bounty hunter requests on reddit. When its not in inventory it would despawn. So we dont end up swimming in id cards lol. And they could be discarded. Haha. See what i did there.

• Like 1

Dedicated servers with an easy enlist method for adults and RPG players. We need this on console. The kos and killer gamer children of the wasteland ruin the survivor aspect. Lol. I feel more like im surviving people than the elements and zeds. I fear players and not the game itself. And zombies shouldnt be city dwellers. Where's the roamers? The lurkers? The "im in your tent biotch!" Zombie in the middle of no where. Im more annoyed by zeds than scared of them. More interesting zeds and dedicated servers is a must for console. And herds. A dozen zombies walking the roads city to city in search of brains.

Edited by That one dayz player
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 1/18/2019 at 5:31 AM, Razxr Panda said:

Extend sever reset so people how earned and worked on bases last longer, some sever to be able to have over 100+ players and others to have up to 60 and other sever to have up to 30 maybe, also keyboard and mouse support to come faster

Just play PC if you want Mouse and Key I don’t understand why people want support for this on console other then unfair advantage ??‍♂️ Makes no sense 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, That one dayz player said:

In item desciptions. Tell us what items can be attached to a wearable item. Like the guns are explained with the pictures. Flashlight. Sights. Mag. So on. But i never knew fish hooks went in hats. Or what attaches to the ballistic vest. 

Plate carrier has 2 accessories, pouches for inventory and a pistol holster. Both I’ve never found because it’s extremely rare.

Not sure if it's implemented already, but I've run into the issue of cycling through my weapons and if I have an extra mag for my rifle, then I'll be stuck swapping mags. Holding Y to reload the weapon in my hands and just tapping Y to switch to the next item in cycle would be a convenient feature

1 hour ago, Stagman70 said:

Gamertags?  Play CoD or Battlefield.  There are no gamertags in REAL LIFE. 

If only your squad had names that would be helpful but I don’t want the ENTIRE SERVER to have names above their head that would definitely ruin the game. They should at least let us make a nickname for our in game characters and only people in our squad can see it so it’s not a huge gamer tag floating around 

1 minute ago, Heriberto Torres said:

Not sure if it's implemented already, but I've run into the issue of cycling through my weapons and if I have an extra mag for my rifle, then I'll be stuck swapping mags. Holding Y to reload the weapon in my hands and just tapping Y to switch to the next item in cycle would be a convenient feature

Would rather have tap X to reload

1 hour ago, KapuGod said:

PLEASE READ!!!

1. FIX THE RELOAD. I’ve died so many times because hitting Y doesn’t reload a mag it just switches my hot key.

[Suggestion] Tapping X should be the reload and double tapping Y should bring out a side arm. yes I know holding X drops the item in hand they can leave that in, I genuinely like that feature in case I have to quickly pull out a weapon when I have something in hand) FIXING RELOAD SHOULD BE NUMBER 1

2. INVENTORY NAVIGATION NEEDS TO BE SMOOTHER. I’ve also died because my game will lag when I try to go into my inventory to reload because the primary option (hitting Y) doesn’t work. Also multiple instances where I’m stuck in my inventory when trying to Micromanage or even just in general. For example I’ll try to scroll down to my backpack but I can’t go down I can only go up, so when I try to put an item into my backpack (or somewhere else) I can only navigate up and get to my backpack items that way, instead of going directly down to my backpack. Also when picking up a bunch of items at a time it eventually just stops working and I have to micromanage the items on the ground into my inventory.

3. RENDERING ISSUES. This ones simple things just don’t load in fast enough. I have the Xbox one X, and the most common example I can think of is when I look into binoculars and it just looks like playdoh then my game freezes for a split second and then things slowly start to render in and my game lags while it does. same thing while looking down weapon scopes.

4. CAN’T SLIDE DOWN LADDERS. When trying to slide down a ladder my character kinda glitches for a second like it registers the command but just doesn’t do it.

5. PLEASE ADD BOW AND ARROW. Adding the bow and arrow would help fresh spawns defend themselves easier. Not only because of bandits just wanting to kill fresh spawns, but also against zombies since weapons with mags aren’t easy to find right away.

6. FRAME RATE. High pop servers and even 1v1 gun fights are way to laggy and the frames drop way too much so much so that even my game crashes with an Xbox one X

7. MAJOR CLIPPING ISSUES WITH HATS AND MASKS. Hair and face sometimes appears through the clothing 

8. RARITY. Last week I searched everyday for an M4 and Standardized Suppressor, 2 days ago I found an M4 and only yesterday found the Suppressor I searched Kamensk, Tisy, and NWAF everyday. It’s crazy to me how hard it was to find I understand Suppressors are rare but maybe increase the spawns a tad

9. GHILLIE CRAFTING. Since we’re fresh off the topic of rarity I wanna get this out of the way. 1 burlap sack should give you 2-3 burlap strips or increase the spawn of them because it’s way to hard to find. My entire time playing Dayz I’ve probably found 6 sacks and 2 netting’s no exaggeration.

10. PROXIMITY CHAT. For the most part the game chat itself is fine besides the fact it doesn’t work while in a party, but the voices need to fade and get softer the farther away someone is, at the moment I could be a decent distance from someone and it sounds like they’re right next to me until all of a sudden their voices cut out. 

[Suggestion] Friday the 13th game has a pretty good proximity chat Im sure the community would like it if you could try to mirror that.

11. ZOMBIE COMBAT. Zombies glitch out way to much and hitting them with a melee sometimes is ridiculously hard because they either hit me from a mile away or the weapon just isn’t registering the hit. Also why do I have to hit a zombie 4-5 times with a hatchet to kill it? Doesn’t make sense.

12. STEALTH. I feel like we should be able to insta kill a zombie or even other players by sneaking up behind it/them with a knife, Hatchet, or Axe. A lot of the time a zombie will spot me while I’m on another side of a wall or in cover.

ADDITIONS: 

1. ROLE PLAY SERVERS. Imagine the role play and Realism that can be accomplished by having specific servers where people are forced to speak in game only, no parties.

2. ADDITIONAL WEAPONS. I would love to see the Scar Assault Rifle, M1911 Pistol, and more Snipers.

3. PISTOL HOLSTERS. It’s always bothered me that I could never put my Handgun on my hip it would make the game more realistic, Fun, and Cool walking around with a Rifle in hand and Handgun on your hip instead of in your bag during the apocalypse.

4. HOSTAGES. I think it would be cool if you could hold someone hostage by getting up behind them with a gun in hand and putting a gun to their head like in the movies when the criminal is trying to barter with the police for something while having an arm around the hostages neck and gun to their head!

THANK YOU DAYZ!!!

If you read all of this I wanna thank you so much for taking the time to see my opinions and thoughts. I love this game and want it to succeed this is honestly my favorite game, I can’t wait to see what the future holds. See you in the next update!

This person nailed key topics. 

• Like 1

You should just do what the community likes. Do a poll if you want stamina in the game or it be removed because stamina sucks or at least make servers with no stamina

- Fix to the FPS issues 

- Audio cutting out and Buildings not loading in 

- Better loot tables for guns and the mags and bullets for them including 

[ CR75 , FX45 , IJ70 , 7.62/54 Bullets

- Implementation of becoming unconscious when being shot while wearing a ballistic vest and helmets 

- Implementation of a new inventory system 

- Removal of all military loot spawn near the coast to make people go inland to find military loot 

- Lowered textures so the game runs smoother for the players

- Spawn the CR75 & Press Vest more frequently

- Implementation of broken limbs

- Improve stamina system or revert to the 0.62 stamina system 

- Fix to the melee combat to zombies & players 

- Removal of stun locking players 

- Improve spawns for radios 

- Improve loot tables for M4s & AKM

- Implementation of old weapons 

- Make blood loss more significant 

- Implementation of rainy weather 

- Improved nighttime cycle & visibility during nighttime

- implementation of hunting scope for Mosin

- Improved spawns for 7.62/54 ammo in every town including [ Kamiwobo , Solnichny , Lumber Mill , Beranzino ]

- Implementation of GPS

- Implementation of old weapons from 0.62 so that there is more variety 

- Improve loot tables for cargo pants 

- Improved spawn tables for [ SG5K mags , Scorpion mags ]

- Implementation of getting shot ruins a lot of gear per shot hit on a player 

- Reduce the amount of barracks and building at Northwest Airfield so that there's a risk vs reward system 

- Implementation of a ATC tower at Balota Airstrip & Hangars 

- Reduction of ammo found in military zones so that there's a rarity in ammo and a reason to not shoot fresh spawns 

- Fix to duplication of gear so it stops players camping the coast 

- Reduce the amount of trees in the game 

- Fix to the ruined suppressors still being silent upon being ruined 

- Implementation of Payday masks & Gas mask 

- Improved loot tables for burlap sacks 

- Implementation of spray paint cans 

- Decrease damage taken when hitting vital organs 

- Fix to limping when being shot " Example " [ Red Health should cause limping and Yellow health should just lower your sprint by 10 Percent " 

- Fix to grass moving while laying down " Example " [ When wearing a Ghillie suit it's more affective if the grass doesn't spread while laying down " 

- Implementation of the cross hair showing where the bullets would hit makes it more affects in close range gun fights

That's my list Devs 

• Beans 1

On 1/18/2019 at 11:09 AM, Daniel Holland said:

Don’t worry about fixing little things that dont matter, right now, only focus on stabilization of servers, optimization of the game (delete dumb or unnecessary map props that are everywhere) just do everything possible to increase FPS, because its generally ruining the game,i’ve played DayZ since it came out and started way back at the mod. Xbox is going to blow up if you guys can stabilize it properly, but having ragged 15fps combat situations, and massive server lag where zombies teleport and kill you is not very fun, but anyways thank you for hard working dedication, and I know it’s not easy, but cheers to a New Years boys!

Literally explode BI. Boom. He's right. Two buddies I tried to introduce played 5 minutes and were cursing me.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, KapuGod said:

Would rather have tap X to reload

Either way is fine, as long as we dont have to get stuck pulling up the slow inventory system in the middle of a gun fight

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KapuGod said:

Just play PC if you want Mouse and Key I don’t understand why people want support for this on console other then unfair advantage ??‍♂️ Makes no sense 

Agree. Waste of space for this feature. Seperating them would be a waste too. Play pc. The controller is not outdated. That was insulting when heard. Its actually quite the opposite. Doing more with less buttons is more efficient. If you cant do it just admit it. Dont excuse it with a false statement BI because hearing that was almost a game changer. Literally if ya know what I mean.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Heriberto Torres said:

Either way is fine, as long as we dont have to get stuck pulling up the slow inventory system in the middle of a gun fight

That is my number 1 cause of death that’s why I put it at the top of my list it’s ridiculously annoying. Kinda bad to say but glad I’m not the only one? Lol

The main things you guys need to fix is fps drop in cities, lag spikes  and lag that happens when driving a car, zombies going through walls, disappearing of bases, tents, walls, etc and server hopping. You guys already know about the fps drop, but that needs to be fixed asap. Sometimes the fps drop is so bad and the sound glitches out and you have no idea what it going on. Lag spikes also needs to be fixed. Sometimes you will be walking and the game will freeze and then unfreeze. Happens occasionally while playing. Another thing is the freezing when you go to aim through a scope sometimes. Additionally, building a base on xbox is currently pointless as it just disappears in a few days. My friend and I have built many bases to find them just disappear. Everything in our base has despawned such as tents, walls, barrels, and seachests. One last thing I think needs to be changed is server hopping. No point in building a base when someone could just server hop inside it, so theres another reason that building a base is useless at the moment. One thing I think you guys should work on is testing out items more before you release them into the game. Many times items have come in being glitchy and not working. You guys added many sickness items and pills that currently have no point, the truck parts when theres no truck, the night vision scope that is backwards and sometimes other items that dont work when first added. Also, in my opinion, the inventory needs work. Its very laggy trying to micromanage sometimes, using left trigger doesnt even work, and looting a body or moving items into something else takes a very long time because of the lag. 

Edited by D_Nasty69