WalkerDown (DayZ)

Removing stuff off-map

I've recently read a dev posting about off-map items. Can we make this clear? Is it planned a mass-removal of them all? Can we inibit ppl placing items there? Dunno why ppl are complaining about other exploit but none say anything about it ... moving off-map (that since it's a game it considered: outside of the gaming area) isn't an exploit as well?

off map tent cities should be wiped without notice.

Can somebody please define where the map ends? I always assumed it was where the invisible walls were, but apparently not.

Check the map? There is a black line running up the edge of map which is the end.

I think off map tents should be wiped

Should just implement the "kill after 30s of being out of range mechanic" that supposedly already exists in tens of mods already. Long overdue-sauce?

Should just implement the "kill after 30s of being out of range mechanic" that supposedly already exists in tens of mods already. Long overdue-sauce?

Yep I agree.

Your vision should begin to fail as soon as you leave the game map. If you don't turn back you begin to loose health. An area that has high infection contamination or some such crap for the purists.

Would be nice to have people eaten by hordes of infected if they leave the game area but that would put a huge drain on the system.

Off map is the area where nothing is programmed into the game but can still be walked into or driven into. It contains only featureless hills with no trees or even grass.

And I agree that nothing should be allowed to be saved off map. This is why it is so hard to find vehicles on most servers, groups have moved all of the vehicles a few miles outside of the play area to horde them.

All off map stuff needs to be destroyed or distributed to the needy.

Incredibly for the first time i see none coming saying: "I disagree.. blablabla .. lot of excuses" .. since i believe neither who's hording over there is cheeky enough to say it publically. :) Don't start trolling now!

Btw .. if anyone agrees that placing stuff there shouldn't be allowed, why they didn't solved the problem? It doesn't look that hard to me to implement an easy fix (coords checking > despawn ... die ... whatever).

I agree. Something needs to be done about the hoarding.

I think vehicles that have left there spawn area should re-spawn after an hour or so of inactivity. Keep the vehicles spawning around the towns/cities and give EVERYONE a fair chance to use them.

Can somebody please define where the map ends? I always assumed it was where the invisible walls were' date=' but apparently not.

[/quote']

Just keep running, after a while there's a dark line in the ground and after that there's no foliage or grass, it's just barren and goes for at least 300km.

The map ends when you stop seeing grass, mostly rolling hills with a dirt texture, like the debug plains. And yes, it would be much much better if tents/vehicles can't save off the map :/

I agree. Something needs to be done about the hoarding.

I think vehicles that have left there spawn area should re-spawn after an hour or so of inactivity. Keep the vehicles spawning around the towns/cities and give EVERYONE a fair chance to use them.

What?! Sorry' date=' man, but I have to sleep for at [i']least a few hours a day.

Are you insane?

The 7 day inactivity rule is more fair, gives people a chance to keep their hard earned vehicles.

However I agree, nothing should save off the map. Everyone should run the risk of having their hiding places discovered. The fact that people are allowed to drive 40km off the map to hide their stuff boggles my mind.

off map tent cities should be wiped without notice.

How do people even place stuff off map? Any time i drop something or try to place anything (tent,wire etc..) its instantly gone

Can somebody please define where the map ends? I always assumed it was where the invisible walls were' date=' but apparently not.

[/quote']

Just keep running, after a while there's a dark line in the ground and after that there's no foliage or grass, it's just barren and goes for at least 300km.

Ah. I was hoping that's what we were talking about.

See, the reason I ask is that most of the online maps, such as the one over on the wiki, stop halfway on lat 00 and pretty much on lon 02, so if we go by these maps, there's still about 50m westward and 200m northward to explore with naught but forest in between.

To be honest, I've never understood why people put their camps all the way out in those barren fields. It, literally, makes no sense. If a good team of spotters goes up, the camp would be clean in an hour flat on foot.

That team of spotters needs a vehicle first to get to the camp. And guess where all the cars are hidden?

Man, I'd hate spawning on the debug plains if this gets implemented.

That team of spotters needs a vehicle first to get to the camp. And guess where all the cars are hidden?

In our camp, on the map?

And that's not necessarily true. They could walk if they really wanted to. I've known people who've had to walk from 14km or so off the map back on due to teleportation. Granted, since we've got 400km of map to explore, it'd be a hit-and-miss, but who really wants to find something out there would.

people who hoard shit off the map need to get banned on sight from the server they're on. it's seriously lame and unacceptable imho.

+1.

Ideally, tents and vehicles should simply not save off map. Failing that, a 30 second kill timer if you cross the map threshold.

Invisible walls suck, even if they are implemented with "kill timers".

It should be easy to deal with the offmap camps via the save mechanic. Just clip any coordinates outside the map to the closest on-map point.

So yea, you are free to drive your car 30km off map and save it there. But on the next server reboot, it will be right on the edge 30km away.