mullo

Anyone offer good advice (No haters please)

I've read te arguments. I understand people are annoyed that the game they love isnt what it should be, I get it. I've played this game and variations of it for the last 7 years so I'm well past the giving out stage.

I wonder If there are any like minded individuals out here that could offer some advice for playing this version of it. Dos and donts If you will.

My advice would be to always be on the move and doing stuff and figuring stuff out, even if it breaks or gets you killed. 

Give your self a mission to do each time you log on. 

Thats it, simple.

Anything else I can be doing?

Sir you came to exactly the right place you are lucky I have made just the perfect guide to suit your needs. Follow the guide below which tells you exactly how I climbed the DayZ leaderboards to become number 1.

Edited by Survivor1431

10 minutes ago, Survivor1431 said:

Sir you came to exactly the right place you are lucky I have made just the perfect guide to suit your needs. Follow the guide below which tells you exactly how I climbed the DayZ leaderboards to become number 1.

lol

I've read that, very good. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mullo said:

Anything else I can be doing?

Having an objective is good for survival

keep totally away from cars, cars are death
don't build bases

you need :  bandages or rags, a metal knife, a hand axe or splitting axe, a hat and a flint knife

civilian brown green gray are best colors to wear

go west first before you go north.. or go west before you go south

military bases are full of deadbeats, why go there ?

at sunrise or sunset you can walk right up to cows and chickens in the twilight

if you walk round an orchard twice, the second time round you find another fruit or two

then see the world and find out what happens

always log out in a safe place, against a tree in a bush away from buildings

there is no best player

Edited by pilgrim*
~

15 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Having an objective is good for survival

keep totally away from cars, cars are death
don't build bases

you need :  bandages or rags, a metal knife, a hand axe or splitting axe, a hat and a flint knife

civilian brown green gray are best colors to wear

go west first before you go north.. or go west before you go south

military bases are full of deadbeats, why go there ?

at sunrise or sunset you can walk right up to cows and chickens in the twilight

if you walk round an orchard twice, the second time round you find another fruit or two

then see the world and find out what happens

always log out in a safe place, against a tree in a bush away from buildings

there is no best player

Sage advice Pilgrim, thank you. I need silenced guns though. Surely i have to go to military for those? or do you only find silienced stuff at heli crash sites?

1 minute ago, mullo said:

I need silenced guns though. Surely i have to go to military for those? or do you only find silienced stuff at heli crash sites?

You can/ or could/ or will-be-able-to-again/  make a silencer with a pet bottle and duct tape.  I have never made one, or used a 'real' silencer either - seem more trouble than they're worth -  so maybe a silencer expert will give you advice. There are different opinions on how well they work.

a silencer is just extra weight, to me.
<when all the guns are in the game, I'd 100% rather have a Longhorn pistol..  generally underestimated & extremely multipurpose>

1 minute ago, pilgrim* said:

You can/ or could/ or will-be-able-to-again/  make a silencer with a pet bottle and duct tape.  I have never made one, or used a 'real' silencer either - seem more trouble than they're worth -  so maybe a silencer expert will give you advice. There are different opinions on how well they work.

a silencer is just extra weight, to me.
<when all the guns are in the game, I'd 100% rather have a Longhorn pistol..  generally underestimated & extremely multipurpose>

The lads made them last night. Looked like fucking ejits running around with plastic bottles on their guns. I want a silenced M4 with a scope. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

1 minute ago, mullo said:

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

well, if you're asking for good advice, I'd say
YES ! THAT IS TOO MUCH TO ASK.
If you want to  <<gear up>>  go to a mil base - that's what they are for.
If you want crash sites - on this blog players have even posted maps of locations and the fastest way to get round the most sites.

Just now, pilgrim* said:

well, if you're asking for good advice, I'd say
YES ! THAT IS TOO MUCH TO ASK.
If you want to  <<gear up>>  go to a mil base - that's what they are for.
If you want crash sites - on this blog players have even posted maps of locations and the fastest way to get round the most sites.

lol

It seems I have to take risks then. Damn it then, I will. I want that load out.

Just now, mullo said:

lol

It seems I have to take risks then. Damn it then, I will. I want that load out.

I guess you know that you can only get M4s from mil sites ? .. Everybody knows that  mil sites are full of deadbeats looking for M4s - that's the definition of a mil site.

enjoy

Don't get hung up on M4s. Sure, they're great, and God knows I've fetishized them in the past, as thousands of hours will attest. But you spend hours finding one, then hours finding the attachments, and the then the suppressor, and then two days later you're in an obscure part of the map and some geezer shoots you in the face. 

Pilgrim's words are wise as usual. But my advice in terms of the game right now is; play modded servers via the DayZSA launcher/browser. I have no axe to grind, but it's a much more fun experience, plus multiple chars, plus any available mod you like. 

An M14 with a LRS is a lot more fun than an M4...

If your looking for silencers for dealing with infected whilst in combat with other players then id advice carrying a .45 cal pistol for it's one tap zombie potential, pistol suppressors have a higher spawn chance in new and old police stations and guard houses but currently do spawn in mil locations too but that comes with added risk of dealing with players looking to PvP. M4 and AKM suppressors  are rarer spawns ATM and are largely ineffective against infected as even when suppressed AR's will aggro infected at quite a large distance, where as suppressed pistols will deal with infected quick sharp and not aggro other nearby infected.

suppressors for AR's especially for the M4 can be hard to spot due to there size so if you are hitting up mil bases he sure to check vicinity inventory when next to beds in barracks as they can sometimes spawn inside the bunk bed models rather than on them.

another rule of thumb is that yes certain buildings spawn certain loot categories but the higher north you proceed the higher the loot quality in said category will be, so the further north you go the higher the chance of finding suppressors, but that being said RNG rules the day and you could get lucky and find what your looking for on the coast.

Objective wise only you can answer that question, ifyou want   friendly player interaction then head for the coast or larger cities but be careful how you approach people and use that non directional VoIP to your advantage and talk from solid cover before trusting anyone, if you want PvP head to a mil zone or the NWAF. If you wish to minimise being killed on sight wear civilian clothing and appear as unarmed as possible but this is no guarantee to survival.

at the moment end game objectives from the mod days don't really exist yet for any play style except maybe crafting a Ghillie suit, if that's your jam try hitting up cherno docks crimson containers or crimson containers anywhere for netting and all industrial areas for burlap cos you'll need a lot of burlap.

no matter your objective I hope you have fun and enjoy the experience & once you grow bored hit up a SA launcher and try some modded servers for extra weapons, no stamina bar, PvP speciality servers , etc. 

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Beans 1

14 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

I guess you know that you can only get M4s from mil sites ? .. Everybody knows that  mil sites are full of deadbeats looking for M4s - that's the definition of a mil site.

enjoy

Deadbeats? HaHa You obviously don't realize that gearing up is all there is to do. What else does anyone do? Everything else is broken except finding an M4 and killing everyone you see. seems the devs made it this way. 

• Beans 1

8 hours ago, choppinbroccoli said:

Deadbeats? HaHa You obviously don't realize that gearing up is all there is to do. What else does anyone do? Everything else is broken except finding an M4 and killing everyone you see. seems the devs made it this way. 

Agreed . Game is so broken only looting and shooting exists . #notmydayz1.0

The OP specifically asked for haters NOT to reply, yet here you are choppinbroccoli and MaxwellHouse69420.  Not everybody is interested in hearing your whining.

There's plenty to do, you just have to have some imagination.  This isn't some game where you can min/max.  There's no line in the ground for you to follow.  Sometimes it takes effort to figure out what you want to do.   People who are bored are boring.  Try interacting with other people.

• Beans 2

To @Mookie (original) and @TheYetiBum you are the type of players i was hoping to attract. Thank you for the words of wisdom. I am looking at the launcher tonight.

@Parazightnail on the head mate. Even my crew tend to faf about a bit until I get them going looking for a new mission. Its all about imagination and I can see why some might suffer.

Thanks all

@mullo As far as suppressors, if you're looking for M4 or AK stuff, these should be easily found in military bases. Also there are military checkpoints on the roads scattered around the map. Usually with a couple of tents to loot, so worth a try too.

But if you are not that much ready for that or a fresh spawn, don't forget the guard barracks in civilian areas and those big shipping containers. They can be found at the military bases but there's plenty of those at the docks. They can hold some weapons quite frequently, in my experience. With my last spawn in Cherno, I went through the docks filled with these shipping containers. The dark red ones with CEARO logo spawn some jumpsuits that's maybe good for some more inventory space than usual at the beginning. Also, tools, duct tape etc. The dark green ones with no logos painted are usually with some better loot. There was maybe 10 or so of those. At that time I found there an FNX pistol, a mag for it with ammo, a pistol suppressor and a field backpack. Also, before, I found there some parts for military rifles but also suppressors for them. That's rare though I think. The guard barracks, small green ones and especially those concrete ones with blue lockers and a toilet room can spawn scorpion and makarov (IJ70), possibly some mags for them too. The pistol suppressor fits both FNX and Makarov. I'm not sure if it still works for MP5 (now called SG5). Another thing worth checking are those that some called worker's barracks, usually placed at some civilian factory-like areas like that little quarry near Solnechniy. They look similar to the good old single door military barracks but with broken down front doors. A hallway with four rooms one by another inside also, but only had a stove and a bed. Now in 1.0 I find there some smaller military items like clothes and weapon pieces, even SG5 and USG weapons and mags (USG was UMP45 before).

IMO to help get some better PVP or more of interaction if you will, I think suppressors for automatic rifles at least should be spawning less often than this.

@cirkular thanks dude. I usually now just run North pretty much straight away and dont bother with any of those sites. I'll certainly check them out. Going to play on the winter server tonight. 

I'm finding myself being a bit of a dick and server hopping alot looking for gear but ultimately it ends in failure as Ive been killed by players or zombros every time.

I think server hopping has always been an issue with Day Z. Also, I think I'm playing first person from now on. 

• Beans 1

@mullo

Yeah, as you need to be always on the lookout in Dayz, first person makes it more difficult in a way. Try out that 3rd part Dayz SA launcher. It works good as it automatically downloads and installs the mods you need for that particular server when you click play.

Today I proceeded from Cherno to old Balota airstrip, visiting again after a long time. There's tents on both sides of the big hangar, the side of the strip closer to the coast.  Found a bunch of FNXs and SG5s with mags and ammo, already had that pistol suppressor that fits both of those. Found an AK suppressor too. Plenty of infected with loot both civilian and military so I played around with them as they kept respawning. Cans of food and drinks too. Deers were around at the time so I'm stacked with venison and lard for the whole winter.

Edited by cirkular