nhow7108

For new players: 7 tips to get over gear fear and boost your confidence

Do you anguish at the thought of being killed and losing your gear? Do you fear wipes or your stashes being raided? Well if so, you have come to the right place! 1. Dont get to attached to any piece of equipment. Keep in mind that everything is temporary. 2. Try to make friends or join up with people you already know. Traveling in groups builds confidence. 3. Hide multiple stashes around the map. Stock up those stashes with gear so you will always know where supplies will be. Dont put all of your eggs in one basket! 3. Learn the map. iZurvive is a great website to use to learn the lay of the land. Map knowledge will be an important advantage over your enemies or prey. 4. Practice your marksmanships against zeds or animals in a low pop server. Knowing the ins and outs of your guns will help you tremendously. 5. Dont be afraid to hunt down other peoples stashes. Locating and taking someones stash is a real rush and fun, too. 6. Dont be afraid of dying. If you get killed it isnt the end of the world. You still know where your hidden stashes are and its also not that hard to find gear again. 7. And finally dont server hop or combat log. Its just bad etiquette. Plus its important to explore and learn where items spawn. On the combat logging, you need to get some combat experience. that experience will give you an edge and confidence in a fight. Combat logging teaches you nothing. Even if you get killed, you still learn from your mistakes and what not to do next time. Thanks and remember good sportsmanship. Also keep in mind that its just a game! If anyone else has some good tips for newbies please share them below.

Edited by nhow7108
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1

Being killed haha, thats a joke!!! I get wiped more than I get killed

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

3 minutes ago, Popps said:

I second that, more lost gear to wipes, never seem to find people in max pops haha

• Beans 1

40 minutes ago, Popps said:

I have no issues finding and killing players.

• Like 1

Patience . Watch and wait at areas of high risk( military bases)More often than not you’ll hear a gunshot or visually see another player. Make sure that whenever you “Bump “ into another player it’s on your terms and not theirs . 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Whenever you find a water pump, drink until the 'full stomach" icon appears. I do this in every village town i stop at and never have thirst issues. It becomes one of the very least of my worries.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

44 minutes ago, john garcia said:

Whenever you find a water pump, drink until the 'full stomach" icon appears. I do this in every village town i stop at and never have thirst issues. It becomes one of the very least of my worries.

Also a cooking pot with a gas heater with gas is a very handy thing to have

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 6:12 PM, nhow7108 said:

Also a cooking pot with a gas heater with gas is a very handy thing to have

Speaking of cooking pots... if you have one in your inventory and find that items you pick up "go missing", check inside the cooking pot as it will begin to fill with items as your clothing / backpack slots get filled up. Even it it's filled with water, it will still fill itself with items you grab as well. ***Note: If this was corrected with the latest update, please ignore as I haven't played since then***. 

8 minutes ago, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

Speaking of cooking pots... if you have one in your inventory and find that items you pick up "go missing", check inside the cooking pot as it will begin to fill with items as your clothing / backpack slots get filled up. Even it it's filled with water, it will still fill itself with items you grab as well. ***Note: If this was corrected with the latest update, please ignore as I haven't played since then***. 

No, it still does that! Pretty handy actually. Also, the gas bottles, stoves and pots take 12 slots each but when you combine them all it takes just 12 slots for the whole lot. The gestalt nature of stoves! 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

3 contradicts 1. That's where I stopped reading lol

I don't think it does contradict, he is just suggesting that it is worth stashing gear in the event of losing what you're carrying.