bent.toe

Dissapearing tents at server restart?

Has this happen to any of you?

Don't think there are server wipes yet? Or are there?

Possible, but maybe u just got raided.

It happened to me as well, but testing it isnt easy, so i think we were just unlucky.

Server wipes arent a thing as far as i know atm

Persistence of what?

English is not my native language so maybe you can elaborate?

43 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Persistence of what?

English is not my native language so maybe you can elaborate?

Persistence allows items in game to continue to exist on the server. This allows players to potentially build up a cache of items that they have looted from around the map. Persistence allows items like tents to store scavenged gear, without it de-spawning. This allows players to collect items in game over a large period of time, without having to worry about any of it being deleted or removed from the world. Some servers may suffer from a few persistence related problems currently, so don't get too attached to your stuff!

Edited by xzDIABLOzx

Had a barrel full of 3 aks and full mags and it disappeared yesterday or the day before. Don't think anyone found it bc they probably would have just grabbed the guns and mags and left the barrel. Area wasn't accessible by car 

48 minutes ago, Arctic Volkssturm said:

Had a barrel full of 3 aks and full mags and it disappeared yesterday or the day before. Don't think anyone found it bc they probably would have just grabbed the guns and mags and left the barrel. Area wasn't accessible by car 

You would be surprised at how far people are willing to carry barrels. I once carried on halfway across the map.

1 hour ago, xzDIABLOzx said:

Persistence allows items in game to continue to exist on the server. This allows players to potentially build up a cache of items that they have looted from around the map. Persistence allows items like tents to store scavenged gear, without it de-spawning. This allows players to collect items in game over a large period of time, without having to worry about any of it being deleted or removed from the world. Some servers may suffer from a few persistence related problems currently, so don't get too attached to your stuff!

Thanks.

I keep telling my team mates to not stock up on a gazillion items. They don't listen. Today it stung like a maffacka though.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, bent.toe said:

Thanks.

I keep telling my team mates to not stock up on a gazillion items. They don't listen. Today it stung like a maffacka though.

Can be frustrating for sure, I just found my first tent yesterday and am now in process of loading it up with loot. I keep telling myself to not get attached to it but tbh if I log on tonight and its gone I'll be a little bummed lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xzDIABLOzx said:

Can be frustrating for sure, I just found my first tent yesterday and am now in process of loading it up with loot. I keep telling myself to not get attached to it but tbh if I log on tonight and its gone I'll be a little bummed lol.

Happened to me. 1 car tent and 1 small one gone. Im glad i didnt build the whole base ( nail, hammer, axes etc are buried ), but i lost alot of meds, food, seeds and ammo, a few guns ( nothing special ). All just gone like it never existed. 

The Problem is tho : Persistence issues ( crashing, or restarting servers ), switching server ( its possible with a barrel etc in hand ), so some might do that idk and some other things are all possible to **** our plans up atm.

For me tho, im not gonna build tents etc anymore till they fix it.

This can't be right... something don't add up.

We had two different camps with large tents and barrels at each. These were put up during the first 24 hours from the base+car patch. Not once have they dissapeared. But since yesterday we lost two campsites (4 tents and 200+ items) without a trace. Just poff.

We are much more north now than the first two campsites but it can't be a bug just north that they would just vanish??

Edited by bent.toe

2 hours ago, bent.toe said:

But since yesterday we lost two campsites (4 tents and 200+ items) without a trace. Just poff.

Most likely someone finding your base like Dayzfanboy said above. If your base and items have been persistant this whole time it was probably other players. Our group had a base up north and it wasn't long before it all went to shit after the wrong people found it.

Yeah we lost our base last night aswell.

3 tents,15 barrels full of gear and a massive fence vanished in the space of an hour!

3 cars and the gear stored in them is fine so it's really hard to believe we were raided.

Id prefer to think a squad of elite raiders swooped in and cleaned us out then everything just vanishing into thin air but I doubt it very much.

Back to the grind?

34 minutes ago, darklittlepoet1 said:

Yeah we lost our base last night aswell.

3 tents,15 barrels full of gear and a massive fence vanished in the space of an hour!

3 cars and the gear stored in them is fine so it's really hard to believe we were raided.

Id prefer to think a squad of elite raiders swooped in and cleaned us out then everything just vanishing into thin air but I doubt it very much.

Back to the grind?

Same here, Man. I lost my tent full of stuff, all barrels and my base I was building in a different location. All of my buried stashes are gone I had over 20 scattered about. My car full of stuff was right beside my tent is still there. This sucks, it took along time to gather all that stuff and makes me not even want to play anymore. My server is US server ending in 4200. Anyone else on that server have the same thing happen?

Hmm, could be a problem with tent persistence then maybe. I would assume the car would be stolen before the tents? I guess bars are still new so not to expect them to be problem free for a while. 

Tents and barrels don't dissapear.

I just logged in to my old home server and checked the old camp (1 large tent and two barrels) and it's still there with items in them. Been there since the camp+cars patch. (2 weeks?)

Players in groups raid camps...simple as that. It's really easy now with 67 servers (EU+RU combined) to server hopp at the obvious places (near tissy, near NWA, near kabanino, near stary novo, near kamensk).

Think about it...a group of 3 friends in party chat join one server each and check around, for example, kamensk, if they find nothing they pick 3 new servers each..continue to search the area. Not many of us walk for 30 minutes with a tent. Only place to hide a tent is in a forest...a forest close to good loot.

We must have hidden our two old camps very well...never been raided or looted but the minute we move up around severograd/krasnostav... We loose two camps within 48 hours? Bug?...i think not.

It's hardcore up north.

I don't think so man. 

Like I said we lost 3 tents loads of barrels and a massive fence but 3 fully functional cars full of gear don't get taken?

Just doesn't add up. I'm certain the tent and barrels despawned and there is more then enough evidence online to suggest that all these vanishing bases are NOT being raided.

5 hours ago, darklittlepoet1 said:

I don't think so man. 

Like I said we lost 3 tents loads of barrels and a massive fence but 3 fully functional cars full of gear don't get taken?

Just doesn't add up. I'm certain the tent and barrels despawned and there is more then enough evidence online to suggest that all these vanishing bases are NOT being raided.

I agree with this. I lost everything within and hour no way anyone or group raiders could have found all of my buried stashes and barrels. The stuff either despawned or Bohemia did some kind of down low server wipe.

7 hours ago, darklittlepoet1 said:

I don't think so man. 

Yeah, i might be wrong.

Sounds impossible to raid and take it all.

Wish BI could be more active on here and answer our questions.

The crazy thing is I have a buddy on the same server and his base is perfect, not a single thing has vanished from it!

I honestly don't know what to think anymore?

On 2018-12-09 at 9:47 PM, darklittlepoet1 said:

The crazy thing is I have a buddy on the same server and his base is perfect, not a single thing has vanished from it!

I honestly don't know what to think anymore?

Hope the dev's can clarify this.