TheYetiBum

Mouse & Keyboard support confirmed

So at the Microsoft XO18 expo in Mexico City the other day it was confirmed that official Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard support on console will roll out to many other games on console, DayZ Being one of them. Plus out of all the games mentioned at the expo that would support M&K only in respect to fortnite was it clarified there would be seperate servers for controller & M&K. 

Im intrigued how this news would go down, especially if we end up with mixed servers. Which I'd assume we will as there isn't enough of a player base to split.

As long as they do keep them separate, then it isn't an issue. But as you've stated, if they mix them then it's going to be a problem. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

Im going to stop playing if i have to play against m&k players :/

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OilRig said:

Im going to stop playing if i have to play against m&k players :/

That'll be the last straw for me as well.

Keep a sense of proportion and know that if anything is initially unfair, the devs *will* be aware and will do their best to address any issue. Theyre gamers too!

Personally, I *couldnt* play without a keyboard and mouse, i simply cant get the hang of  these new fangled controller things :)

• Haha 1

I'm glad it's coming, I havnt used MnK for some years now but I'm willing to bet my aim is still better with it. 

But yeah, if a controller user wishes to join a MnK server that should be allowed, but there should definitely be controller only servers, no MnK allowed. 

I've used both, and my MnK self would smash my controller self every single time.

• Like 1

I've never used a keyboard and mouse, and played with a controller since I picked up the Sega back in the day. But can it not make the game a better game on the k&m as it was designed for that, there are far too many actions for a controller plus the menus are retarded with out them. Although my aim is much better on dayz than pubg on a controller for some reason, I think a m&k will make for a better experience. 

Edited by Din9le
  • Like 2

I honestly don't see them investing in and maintaining servers exclusively dedicated to one control interface, but who knows. Maybe they will. If not, then excluding one over the other may likely only be seen in private/ custom servers (if made an option). 

• Like 1