Sign in to follow this  
Baty Alquawen

Community Spotlight - 22 October 2018

Hello everyone!

It is the day before our Status Report, and that means it's time for the Community Spotlight!

We released a Stress Test last week and you clearly had some fun with it over the weekend. We didn't announce officially that you can find the first iteration of base building on the servers, because we didn't think it is ready (and no, it isn'''t). But some of you discovered it really quickly and tried their first creations.

• A small base concept in the offline editor by Lijazos:

FIAqnTn.jpg

• Another one by CryDoXz, including a time-lapse video:

tbuZzlN.png

iUUCIXe.jpg

• It is really nice to see you had a fun on the Stress Test, even though it is very much WIP.

• TheRealCDiggity has shared a deep truth with the community. He added a comment to this nice picture:

Had a great time with these guys before we were brutally attacked by a barbaric madman, they taught me a valuable lesson, that making friends is a lot more fun than attacking randoms with knives and eating them.

Don't forget, an empty stomach is not a good political adviser.

7xq216tjaxq11.jpg

• What is better than calm evening on your farm? mov3ax is really enjoying the rest.

3ovubub8ssq11.png

• And I don't want to force my opinion on you, but even in DayZ is the Earth round. mov3ax has a proof!

7pm28eb4mjq11.png

• We have another amazing screenshot-guy here. His nickname is DanceOfYesus and his pictures are breathtaking. Just sit down and enjoy the view. The whole gallery is here:

0BjoaH0.jpg

22gclRF.jpg

EEdlW91.jpg

YWTNMbV.jpg

• winterfellwilliam and his friend Sparky organised a fight club in Kamyshovo. I have no idea who won, but all participants are on this photo.

jberlkeieor11.jpg

• This video is really weird. It scares me a little bit. Who the hell is the Mr. White?!

• We've met members of the famous DayZ Underground community on Gamescom this year and they made a nice video from our meeting. Here is it:

• TheRunningManZ met a very talkative player and it drove him crazy. Really funny story.

• I love this video. Cool song, dope video, good work HandZ!

• A new episode of the DayZ community podcast named Compass:

Let's talk about your modding and game modifications.

• Server HeadhunterZ built a road to the Prison island, no more wet clothes and hypotermia.

DpDgPMlU4AEArp8.jpg

• Dr. Zed is working on infested zones, looks cool, man!

Capture.JPG

44052496_1989896291076883_2662228743916879872_o.jpg43599401_1982312548501924_3518133979897135104_o.jpg

43490635_1982312618501917_6458241064846229504_n.jpg

• I was already talking about our music composer L_K_P1 and I want to talk about him more. He send us a message that DayZ is for him not just a game, but also inspiration, it helps to trick his brain to forgetting his pain, because he had a spinal chord problem and he needs to stay in bed for 22 hours per day.

His latest song has a cool video clip, you should check it out!

• Turambar44 is enjoying his peaches when exploring the real life Chernarus. olj33pzsflq11.jpg

• DayZ in DayZ - is this a DayZception? Another interesting content made by NeuroticEUROtic on Reddit. 
Capture1.JPG

Lets check out your answers to the last location riddle. Correct answers:

• S-BOY
  • Tweedy
  • Foxypote

image.png

And the next one is really hard:

20181019142715_1.jpg

Send your answer to our Twitter account with the #DayZriddleTime hashtag and you can find your name here next time!

Thank you for your attention and see you in two weeks!

Baty Alquawen/Community Manager

Header image by JACK SMITH.

Edited by Baty Alquawen
  • Like 2
  • Beans 4

19 minutes ago, exacomvm said:

Which editor was used here? Doesn't look like Arkensor's. 

It is. I did a refactor of the menus and made a lot of updates. In case you weren't aware we got a dev branch of the mission you can play with it.

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, DannyDog said:

It is. I did a refactor of the menus and made a lot of updates. In case you weren't aware we got a dev branch of the mission you can play with it.

Never heard about the dev branch also its not available on the steam Betas.
P.S. The Arkensor's mod doesn't even work anymore.
Branch: Stress Test 
Mod: Latest ( GitHub )
Launch options: -mission=.\Missions\DayZCommunityOfflineMode-master
Launching as offline.

Edited by exacomvm

37 minutes ago, exacomvm said:

Never heard about the dev branch also its not available on the steam Betas.
P.S. The Arkensor's mod doesn't even work anymore.
Branch: Stress Test 
Mod: Latest ( GitHub )
Launch options: -mission=.\Missions\DayZCommunityOfflineMode-master
Launching as offline.

He's talking about a branch on Git: https://github.com/Arkensor/DayZCommunityOfflineMode/tree/development

• Beans 2

It's great to read and see how the DayZ community is already creating things with the limited possibilities to give joy to the future.

The release of the S-Files was a good step, even though I'm one of those who are skeptical about this move, but for the learning effect it was the right move.