John Lindner

Lost my Character (Alive almost 40 hours)

So I havent played in about a week, but when I turned the game on today, my character was shown.. then when I selected a server I was some newbie with no Loot... I had everything, I could have lived for multiple days without needing to scavenge for anything.. then I start up the game and lose everything.. WHAT THE F*** IS THIS BULLS**T .. this makes me want to delete and uninstall the game.. I put nearly 40 hours into that character and Im just going to lose him for no reason... 

You lost because of the last update in order for them to fix it properly they had to wipe all data plus it’s early access dude can’t really get pissed at loosing a character 

oh I can get pissed that I put in 40 hours of work to lose it with no warning or heads up.. I guess ill just wait for full release no reason to put work into a game to lose everything randomly

People who cannot be bothered to READ, will not garner ANY sympathy.

"As the nature of the Experimental branch is for the above mentioned testing methods, neither uptime, character data, nor stability is guaranteed. Persistence/Character wipes are to be expected!"

These XBOX "testers" seem to have no problem paying $40 to try DayZ but did not have the foresight to learn about it before joining.

Who's fault is that?

If you only knew what this all looked like to a 6 year contributor....

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

I feel your pain and understand your passions but please try to remember the game clearly states on launch that it's game preview and in forum Info section it does say that frequent character wipe should be expected with every update. Many people get locked in a database and can't play for days at a time until these resets occur so be thankful you can atleast play. But as I said I fully understand your frustrations & if you weren't aware of how game preview games develop this would be extremely aggravating. The choice to not play till it's out of game preview is probably the best option if being part of the development process isn't enjoyable for you. 

Sure, it's kind of aggravating to start over after being fully kitted and having enough supplies to last in the woods for weeks... But, it really doesn't take long to refit if you know where to go and I seem to get more enjoyment making my way to areas of hot loot in high population servers, because once I'm fully kitted, I tend to get bored (I do not play as a bandit...). If you're into being kitted all the time and want to deck out a character fast, just play on another regions server when most of the gamer population will be in bed and kit up to your hearts content. This can be done in under an hour once you have your bearings and know where to go.

It can be frustrating when it happens unexpectedly, though half the fun is the loot grind, at least for me it is.

Those moments sneaking from mil base to base, hoping you stay hidden. Good times..