bonafide

RIP DayZ - Yogcast started a LP

The Yogscast incorrectly portrayed how DayZ plays. As such' date=' it's going to bring possibly thousands of complainers, saying the game is broken

[/quote']

so no different to the current user base then?

Hahaha

Exactly.

Actually, though, anyone who doesn't think this 'game' is broken has never been killed by a toilet door or by spawning in mid air for no reason...what is amazing is that despite huge flaws in the current state of the mod it is still one of the best experiences in gaming

I think people are missing the point of this thread.

The Yogscast incorrectly portrayed how DayZ plays. As such' date=' it's going to bring possibly thousands of complainers, saying the game is broken

[/quote']

so no different to the current user base then?

Yes, because 100% of the current user base things that it's fair to start with M1911, blood packs, and being able to teleport.

i thought this was a cool and chill community, now all i see is a bunch of stuck up people crying because more people are gunna play "their" game. Grow up

i thought this was a cool and chill community' date=' now all i see is a bunch of stuck up people crying because more people are gunna play "there" game. Grow up

[/quote']

their*

i thought this was a cool and chill community' date=' now all i see is a bunch of stuck up people crying because more people are gunna play "there" game. Grow up

[/quote']

their*

top contribution m8

poster of the month

more people is good..find a server you like and play with your friends. Plus won't more players make BI/Rocket more inclined to focus on DayZ? I think so..Most noobs/"morons" play in sidechat servers anyways.

*sigh*

So that we're clear, everybody here that's not bothered by this is signing up to answer every single post asking about why people don't start with a weapon, or why they don't start with blood packs, or why they can't teleport to their friends, correct?

*sigh*

So that we're clear' date=' everybody here that's not bothered by this is signing up to answer every single post asking about why people don't start with a weapon, or why they don't start with blood packs, or why they can't teleport to their friends, correct?

[/quote']

We get those posts already, all the time in fact. We will continue to get them as new people start playing, no matter if they like Minecraft or not. Would you rather not have any new players at all?

I've been against it since I started playing DayZ, and have railled against people on these forums for doing it.

But watching that vid made me want to get a hold of a sniper rifle and murder any noob dang fool enough to wander into my crosshairs.

To those complaining about their admin help. Do you really think their subscribers would enjoy them being killed by the currently glitchly zombies that can break a bone faster than a ten story fall? No.

They would have died 50 times in that time period if they started from scratch. That doesn't make for good content.

It isn't like they played ARMA 2 before and they have said many times they suck at FPS games.

Get over it.

Yes i really think that.

I think that the Yogscast could play this game as it is legitimately supposed to be played, and still have a great time and make a good video out of it.

I also think its a big mistake on their part to not do a legitimate playthrough on DayZ. The consequence is that they are spreading false information about what DayZ is and what experience a player can expect when getting in to it. Many new players will have a rude awakening when they open their inventory on the beach, expecting to be decked out with weapons and medical supplies.

They are also bypassing key elements of the DayZ experience. Emotions like desperation, frustration, fear. On the flipside, overcoming such adversary comes with great emotional rewards.

The lack of constraints in DayZ, and the dependency on players to create the content, opens up possibilities that you won't find in other games. Even if their playthrough failed miserably each time, those failures might be entertaining in themselves in their absurdity (if compared with expectations to your average game).

This is coming from a big fan of Yogscast. I love most of their videos, but I think this one was a mistake. If they truly felt that DayZ in its actual state was not appropriate for a video on their channel, they shouldn't have done it.

I agree with Discraced, i think everyone is making a big deal out of nothing.

also, the yogscast can do a video of whatever game they want and play it however they want i think lol. I will say i was disappointed that they played the way they did and if they make another vid i hope they play legit, but, im not going to rage about it lol, its not going to effect me personally one way or another. Just a game.

i will say in addition that the over-reacting will probably cause you all to hurt the game yourselves by killing all noobs on the coast lol. all your gona do is hurt the game you say you love by greiving all the so called noobs.

Yes' date=' because 100% of the current user base things that it's fair to start with M1911, blood packs, and being able to teleport.

[/quote']

A quick glance over the forum over the past week would suggest that most of them already do yeah.

Few common threads:

1) 'A defunct mechanic means i have to think for myself, bring back ****it skins! WWAAAAAAAH'

2) 'People are using barriers as barriers! WWAAAAAH'

3) 'We should have a gun/bike/space-hopper/moon-on-a-stick at spawn! WAAAAH'

4) 'Some retarded thoughts about PVP WWAAAHHHH'

5) 'Abusing server hopping for L337 loot is meta-gaming, don't take it away! WAAAHHH'

6) 'NVG/Thermal scope nghghgnghghghngghhgghhgnghghg WWAAHHHHHH!'

7) 'I want dogs. FUCKING DOGS. WAAAAHHHHH!'

8) 'someone stole my shit, make tents stupidly tough WAAAHHHHH'

Occasionally, very occasionally, there is a thread with some good ideas and/or adult discussion, but EVERY time they get flooded with people with nothing more to say than 'i don't like it WAAH p.s your c*nt' or it drops off the page.

This forum and community are one of the most aggressive gaming groups i've ever seen, more so than fecking rockstar forums and thats saying a lot. Its no wonder DayZ is a murkfest, you guys fucking hate each other.

This is one of those things where complaining about it makes you look like an idiot, but you can't help hating it. I think these guys are great, but they did kind of give this mod a bad impression. Most of their fans on the YouTube comments are taking the piss out of the DayZ players who play for immersion and atmosphere. Whereas they may want to come in guns blazing. Hard to really make an argument about it, since it's so pointless. Yes, the game is about immersion, but if the community starts to get snobby and arrogant to the Yogscast fans (I have no doubt there will be an army of them soon), it's going to really ruin the experience, it'll give the mod an awful name if the community all start acting like up tight hardcore gamers. I agree with some of you that it may be bad publicity, but it's not our right to tell people if they can play.

This is one of those things where complaining about it makes you look like an idiot' date=' but you can't help hating it. I think these guys are great, but they did kind of give this mod a bad impression. Most of their fans on the YouTube comments are taking the piss out of the DayZ players who play for immersion and atmosphere. Whereas they may want to come in guns blazing. Hard to really make an argument about it, since it's so pointless. Yes, the game is about immersion, but if the community starts to get snobby and arrogant to the Yogscast fans (I have no doubt there will be an army of them soon), it's going to really ruin the experience, it'll give the mod an awful name if the community all start acting like up tight hardcore gamers. I agree with some of you that it may be bad publicity, but it's not our right to tell people if they can play.

[/quote']

Spot on.

I have to point out the irony of the amount of dayz players that used to bitch about fantasy 'CoD kiddies who are self-entitled shits' acting so precious.

You know your community is a cesspool when it starts actively snubbing new players. Bonus points if they use the fear of their community turning into a cesspool as an excuse to snub said players.

Who the fuck cares? You're not giving Rocket much credit if you think the game is suddenly going to turn into Hello Kitty Island Adventure because there (might) be more people complaining on the forum.

great. more KoS pvp...

i can already see people coming on here complaining about the game having zombies.