bonafide

RIP DayZ - Yogcast started a LP

While Simon and Lewis are in the gag I genuinely think their "ignorance was bliss". They didn't know anything about the game and were a long for the ride. I have a feeling the people who are in charge of directing the videos is to blame; namely, and my guess, Ridgedog. For some reason he thought it was a good idea to represent DayZ by teleporting people about, spawning items, etc. They should of played the game for hours and then spliced footage together.

Everyone here can relax. DayZ has some basic barriers to protect from players who shouldn't be playing the game.

The first one is the installation of the mod. It can become complicated to install and that will remove any players who barely understand a computer or PC gaming.

Secondly, spawning without a weapon will remove anybody who is looking for some fast paced zombie killing action, because they will get mostly bored before they find a weapon.

Thirdly, more people will leave the game because they do not like the slow paced nature of the game and find it too hard.

After these barriers anyone who is left playing will be a welcome addition to the DayZ community as they will be playing properly.

There will be an increase in players and irritating forum posts about how difficult it is, but they will disappear soon after and leave the true DayZ players.

And I know some bad players will slip through, but nothing we can't handle right. ;)

Everyone here can relax. DayZ has some basic barriers to protect from players who shouldn't be playing the game.

The first one is the installation of the mod. It can become complicated to install and that will remove any players who barely understand a computer or PC gaming.

Secondly' date=' spawning without a weapon will remove anybody who is looking for some fast paced zombie killing action, because they will get mostly bored before they find a weapon.

Thirdly, more people will leave the game because they do not like the slow paced nature of the game and find it too hard.

After these barriers anyone who is left playing will be a welcome addition to the DayZ community as they will be playing properly.

There will be an increase in players and irritating forum posts about how difficult it is, but they will disappear soon after and leave the true DayZ players.

And I know some bad players will slip through, but nothing we can't handle right. ;)

[/quote']

First post, and very profound. :)

why he has a voice of a retarded child ? Just listen to the first few words he says - "Hello, its Yougcast" - ugghh, disgusting shit.

Is this show intended for children in the age of 6-13 ? Teletubbies-esqe? Fuck that shit

As long as Rocket sticks to his guns, keeps to the basic concept of this mod, and doesn't sell out, we have nothing to fear. From what I've seen in Rockets posts, that doesn't seem likely to happen. He seems like a guy with a vision and integrity.

However I gotta agree that the way they depict the mod in the LP is awful, and makes no sense. I don't think they're retarded, its just they're busy. Their community wanted them to make a DayZ LP, so they looked at the game and saw what it was. And realized to make a decent LP would require a lot of time, compared to getting on a private server and just messing around.

I mean, DayZ, any MMO really, but especially a sandbox one is particularly like live television. Unpredictable. Especially in alpha. They might get on a server, get killed, respawn, witness parachuting cows, get killed by a nuke, get kicked off server, spend ten minutes finding a day server with people on it, die five horrible zombie deaths before they figure out how to gear up and move on north and get killed by a hatchet murderer who said he was friendly.

Still, for a good LP, this is the process they should have gone through.

why he has a voice of a retarded child ? Just listen to the first few words he says - "Hello' date=' its Yougcast" - ugghh, disgusting shit.

Is this show intended for children in the age of 6-13 ? Teletubbies-esqe? Fuck that shit

[/quote']

Haha, exactly how I feel. This is clearly aimed at the CoD crowd or the mentally challanged - though there's little difference between them

jeez its a couple of guys having fun with a mod they were asked to try out.. nooo need to be serious about it in any way, has it effected the way you play? doubt it.. will it effect the mod adversely from them doing it? no.. i watch yogscast wit me son all the time n they are very funny but they dont for 1 second make me think differently or badly about anything they play and mess around in, its all in the name of fun with them, i cant understand why people dont get that but if they dont they dont, no1 cares, just play :D

Couldn't they just stay away from one game/mod...

I don't think they'll make more videos lewis already said in this video stupid mod. Its not there style or game there way to childish gamers for this kind of games.

...are they on a private server?

Jeez, they spawned in items, blatantly broke the rules and didn't even make a good video of it.

EDIT: I think I'm going to go to the coast, ask if people are here from the yogscast, and if they say yes, say ok and let them go...

Until I shoot them in the back of the head.

EDIT 2: maxamillion12345's post is true, but holy hell will that ever be an annoying time. Also, having met multiple Yogscast fans, I can say that they are stubborn as hell...

And so, it has begun. The critical acclaim of the YogsCast fandom.

And so' date=' it has begun. The critical acclaim of the YogsCast fandom.

[/quote']

wow.... lol at that shit indeed

Watched the vid, It gave me leporsy.

The good news is that we will have a huge wave of people comnig in, sure the game will filter out the bad ones but we will still be left with a lot of good ones

Here's some more of the best and brightest from the YogsCast community.

(I could do this all day. If admins feel like this is going to breed hate, though, I'll gladly stop. Just making a point of who is being introduced to the community through this video.)

I cant really see an influx of people coming into the game from that vid tbh.

They made it look a bit shit.

My thoughts: This is great for the mod and its deveopment. Why? If BI finds that DayZ is SUPER popular they will spend more time devoting resources to it. The noobs who want to run and gun will not get far so they will probably buy Arma2 (yay!) and soon after be like "WTF? I Don't start with a gun? This is a lotta work" .

Wait a few weeks for them to flood in and get bored

And... one more for the road.

But to be honest, I'm really not sure if serious.

*pic*

That last comment looked like blatant trolling. But judging off his first comment, I'm afraid he is serious...

And I'm not too upset by him saying CoD is the best shooter. That's his opinion (very wrong though, I doubt he has played any other shooter than CoD to know that), but it's basically a fact that 12 year olds are the one playing CoD, and judging by his grammar, I think he is 12 himself.

>_<

I have not seen such retarded comments in ages, that I must admit

Hi, can we get a forum mod to move this thread to the Cheat Reports section? Thanks in advance.

Many of them will get angry over buying ARMA 2 after they realise it's a game they don't have the patience for.

The idiots will leave eventually after they have vented their frustration.

Just sit back and enjoy the show people.

More players means a better mod for us in the long run. You think that people are gonna run out' date=' buy Arma, and play this mod just because of ONE video?

I myself bought ARMA just for this mod a week ago, but only after watching several videos, reading about it, following it for a few months, and so on.

If people get the game and this mod after this video, they would've known about this for a while already. They'll either get the mod and enjoy it, or they won't. Either way, it means an influx of players, which is always good for the mod.

[/quote']

Well unfortunately most people are not as careful or put in as much research before making a purchase like you. I believe most of the fans of Yogscast will rashly buy ArmA 2 without really knowing what the game is or what DayZ is.

More players means a better mod for us in the long run. You think that people are gonna run out' date=' buy Arma, and play this mod just because of ONE video?

[/quote']

Ohohohoooo man. You don't know the Yognaughts. Not at all.