bonafide

RIP DayZ - Yogcast started a LP

Heh' date=' funny. Older members of the forum felt the same way when IGN, Roosterteeth, and other news organizations started publishing articles that catered to the console/COD/FPS crowd.

Other than an increase of bitchery from new players who "don't like being killed", or who think "this is too hard", not much else has changed here, or on the servers.

[/quote']

At the very least, Burnie (of Roosterteeth) had the decency to showcase the mod on an actual server, with realistic gameplay footage.

Not on a private server, with a server admin giving them items, and covering them with sniper fire, when they're still wet from the ocean.

Well i watched half of the video, it belongs rather to the bad review videos about Dayz. They spend so much time in just one room and show almost nothing from the big gameworld...

What I noticed is that people are really easy to manipulate with such podcasts on youtube, they follow them almost blind and produce such a viral impact and consumption binge about this or that.

What was special about that podcast from any other podcast with Day Z in it?

What was special about that podcast from any other podcast with Day Z in it?

According to this thread, the Yogcast users are 'noobs' and 'abnormal'. Go figure...

Nothing will change.

I really tried watching this cast.. it looks and sounds like its made by retards explaining the world for 4 year olds.. "looks like a dock..."

Wouldnt worry about any influence on arma2 or the mod. If their viewers are really as dumb as the casters seem to think they are they wont even be able to install arma2..

This game isn't really conventional. Hopefully the ones who lack dedication will leave (Lol what a waste of 30 dollars)

Also I really don't recommend we all become bandits. No way to tell who got the game just because of Yogscast or not lol.

This game isn't really conventional. Hopefully the ones who lack dedication will leave (Lol what a waste of 30 dollars)

Also I really don't recommend we all become bandits. No way to tell who got the game just because of Yogscast or not lol.

Sure there is.

Run around singing 'DIGGY DIGGY HOLE'. If someone responds and sings along, kill them.

Though, I don't really advise killing them. There are some nice members in the community. We'll eventually weed out those who won't take the effort to play.

wtf is yogcast?

Some people who got popular on youtube for making videos about minecraft.

Not the kind of videos I'm into but they got quite the following.

Their fan base also has a reputation of not being very mature.

To be fair, the fan base of this mod isn't know for being exactly friendly and mature. You can't even report a bug or make a troubleshoot thread without some 500+ posts member telling you to leave the game and/or calling you an idiot.

(Not a lot of personal experience with my own threads on that issue. But I've seen countless other being exposed to that kind of behavior)

To be fair' date=' the fan base of this mod isn't know for being exactly friendly and mature. You can't even report a bug or make a troubleshoot thread without some 500+ posts member telling you to leave the game and/or calling you an idiot.

(Not a lot of personal experience with my own threads on that issue. But I've seen countless other being exposed to that kind of behavior)

[/quote']

Yeah, but there is no need to shit on a lake of piss.

Oh no, the sky is falling....

First it was when any gaming site covered it. Then Roosterteeth. Then E3. Then Yogscast.

Still just as fun for me as it always has been <3

Two months ago DayZ was on /k/ being called "operator as fuck". Now it's flooded with minetards.

FFS

To be fair' date=' the fan base of this mod isn't know for being exactly friendly and mature. You can't even report a bug or make a troubleshoot thread without some 500+ posts member telling you to leave the game and/or calling you an idiot.

[/quote']

Agreed in full. I have never before played a game where so many people had names like '3P1C ST4lK3R' or 'Ult1M4T3Ac3Sn1POoR', many of whom preface and end their posts with the word 'idiot' seemingly out of pure habit. The amount of ethnic, sexist and homophobic slurs is also up there with the greats, but pointing it out is 'White-Knighting' apparently (Who came up with such a shitty word?). On a bad day these forums make me feel like I've gone to a Klan rally in a Boy George outfit.

That said, at least it's an active community (and I use the term loosely), you've got to look at the bright side.

Quite a rubbish video - a number of points annoyed me throughout the video. The first being how awful they were; the YogsCast are generally horrendous with games and I explicitly cannot watch newbies playing games - not even I was that bad when I jumped into DayZ my first time. The cheating throughout the video also really irked me because that just corrupted the whole idea of surviving and earning your gear. And lastly, the childish humour was detracting from the atmosphere that DayZ is supposed to make someone feel. Watch any other proper Lets Play and you'll notice many times people feel great deals of stress when engaging bandits, zombies, etc. These guys don't even care if they die or not because they're probably going to drop the game relatively soon and produce more minecraft cash-cow videos.

Undoubtedly, a whole swarm of younger players will be coming to DayZ now. I just hope DayZ will become harder because the biggest killer of children populations in games is difficulty. Kids get attached to their gear, as soon as they've kept their character alive for a few hours, earned some loot and get killed by a sniper out of the blue they'll cry and leave the game. Same with the horror atmosphere of DayZ - a lot of kids will be too scared to play it. Should DayZ get more difficult (and it should) that should weed out the young from the mature.

• Like 1

Quite a rubbish video - a number of points annoyed me throughout the video. The first being how awful they were; the YogsCast are generally horrendous with games and I explicitly cannot watch newbies playing games - not even I was that bad when I jumped into DayZ my first time. The cheating throughout the video also really irked me because that just corrupted the whole idea of surviving and earning your gear. And lastly' date=' the childish humour was detracting from the atmosphere that DayZ is supposed to make someone feel. Watch any other proper Lets Play and you'll notice many times people feel great deals of stress when engaging bandits, zombies, etc. These guys don't even care if they die or not because they're probably going to drop the game relatively soon and produce more minecraft cash-cow videos.

Undoubtedly, a whole swarm of younger players will be coming to DayZ now. I just hope DayZ will become harder because the biggest killer of children populations in games is difficulty. Kids get attached to their gear, as soon as they've kept their character alive for a few hours, earned some loot and get killed by a sniper out of the blue they'll cry and leave the game. Same with the horror atmosphere of DayZ - a lot of kids will be too scared to play it. Should DayZ get more difficult (and it should) that should weed out the young from the mature.

[/quote']

I liked this post, except maybe the point where all younger players should be weeded out, because not everyone who's young is immature. But I doubt you wwanted to point that out.

Anyway, what I've seen in the video is that they, as stated previously, totally distort the actual game by making a private server, spawning gear, having godmode on (If you look at the visibility bar, it's FULL. He can still walk up to a zombie without it reacting) and various other things.

I feel like they totally forget the social aspect of DayZ. If you meet other players, you'll have a conversation most likely unless they adapted a shoot first ask questions later mentality, and may be teaming up with people. They don't actually deal with that aspect. Also, their voices make the video looks x10000 more childish. To be honest, Yogscast should've stayed with Minecraft. I like their Minecraft videos (If I ever watch any of them,rarely do that), but the way how they treat the mod is just horrendous (Remember, this is supposed to attract new players and help them at the same time, but the way they treat it is just not helping new players out. They even failed to mention you spawn without gear (Haven't watched the whole video but seeing they claim that they JUST spawned with all that fancy stuff made me think they wouldn't bother mentioning such in the later part either)-

I liked this post' date=' except maybe the point where all younger players should be weeded out, because not everyone who's young is immature. But I doubt you wwanted to point that out.

Anyway, what I've seen in the video is that they, as stated previously, totally distort the actual game by making a private server, spawning gear, having godmode on (If you look at the visibility bar, it's FULL. He can still walk up to a zombie without it reacting) and various other things.

I feel like they totally forget the social aspect of DayZ. If you meet other players, you'll have a conversation most likely unless they adapted a shoot first ask questions later mentality, and may be teaming up with people. They don't actually deal with that aspect. Also, their voices make the video looks x10000 more childish. To be honest, Yogscast should've stayed with Minecraft. I like their Minecraft videos (If I ever watch any of them,rarely do that), but the way how they treat the mod is just horrendous (Remember, this is supposed to attract new players and help them at the same time, but the way they treat it is just not helping new players out. They even failed to mention you spawn without gear (Haven't watched the whole video but seeing they claim that they JUST spawned with all that fancy stuff made me think they wouldn't bother mentioning such in the later part either)-

[/quote']

Agreed. I don't have a problem with individual younger users but the majority I've come across are truly immature. It's the reason why in real social interactions adults treat younger children different because their mental capacity isn't the same. All you have to do is youtube some COD videos and you'll see kids screaming down microphones garbage.

I enjoy the occasional yogscast video on minecraft because their characters suit the light-heartedness of the game. It simply doesn't transfer over to DayZ. The lets plays I've enjoyed the most are by ones who truly get involved with their surroundings. The most amazing I've seen are the ones that feel remorse after killing players - those are emotions that Rocket probably aimed for DayZ to replicate.

If YogsCast wanted to make a true LP they need to ditch their style they use in minecraft and use something more serious playing on a 50+ player server without controlling the circumstances of events (no cheating, no scripting what to do, etc)

DayZ is all about playing however you'd like, exactly the kind of freedom inherent in such a large sandbox game; however, the true atmosphere of the game was rendered inert by this video. I love having a good time in DayZ and doing foolish things like lighting up elektro with flares and scaring people in direct chat with my ghost voice at night, but these guys are on par with some family guy retard shit that would make any serious player cringe. Kids are going to flock to this game thinking they're going to spawn with a bunch of guns and supplies (thank you private server+cheats!) and begin the waterworks when a bandit griefs them for their bandage and painkillers. I'm all for free enterprise and publicity, but more tears on the forums and our rather abrasive community (I'm sure you're all familiar with the pervasiveness of the terms NOOB and FAGGOT PUSSY and LEAVE THE GAME YOU FUCKING CAREBEAR) aren't exactly the things we need.

Wow. Seriously...The Panties in a Twist Brigade shows up en masse to chest-beat, and rant and rave over a silly video? One silly DayZ video out of the 824 trillion that accurately show game play... and now the DayZ mod will be ultimately destroyed for all time? It's like a bunch of street corner religious zealots screaming at passers by and waving their "THE END IS COMING" signs! And you all really believe that adding new players could make this community any more insane than it already, clearly is? It's just perverse.

I love this mod too. (I'm terrible at it, but I keep trying) But I also realize that the true endgame is profits. Selling it to the masses. Despite the developing team's best intentions (and I salute them for it), studio/publisher profit will trump integrity.

Cry, moan, shake your fists at the sky and ask God why he has forsaken you to the damnable Yog people. Maybe you should just up your meds. Either way... it's just business.

I'm not averse to new players coming, not even ones who come to DayZ 'raw'. The game has a lot of unique experiences to offer and although it might scare some new players off, it'll give others a whole new perspective on what games can offer.

But the video... I like the Yogscast Minecraft videos, but this DayZ one was rubbish IMO. There are loads of other ones that give a much better impression of what it's all about and what it's actually like.

But whatev, if it brings more people in then that's good enough for me.

First it's "wah this game is a deathmatch, people shoot each other, why can't it just be pve wah" or some shit about "wah something is broke, lets make another thread about because rocket is going to read this one"

now its "wah people are finding out about it wah wah it's my precious little thing I can boast about wah"

man I hate the fucking dayz/arma community. These forums just annoy me. Fair enough there's all the shit like stories/people trying to team up, which is fine, but 90% of it is just fucking moaning/some elitest bullshit.

shut the fuck up.

also, that video is horrendous.

Theoretically spawning weapons, being teleported by admins, playing on a private server, would earn most players a global ban, yet I am sure that these rules do not apply to big famous YouTubers who so many people fawn over.

Its no wonder we have so many cheats, exploiters and hackers if big YouTubers introduce people to the game using some of these methods themselves.

Pathetic, the Yogscast should stick to Minecraft.

I think people are missing the point of this thread.

The Yogscast incorrectly portrayed how DayZ plays. As such, it's going to bring possibly thousands of complainers, saying the game is broken, even though this is how the game is meant to be played.

I have no quarrels with a larger fan base. But when that fan base likes to think they run the internet, it's a problem.

I think people are missing the point of this thread.

The Yogscast incorrectly portrayed how DayZ plays. As such' date=' it's going to bring possibly thousands of complainers, saying the game is broken

[/quote']

so no different to the current user base then?