zPaniK

Server Hopping

9 hours ago, Devast8r said:

Yeah bro I agree everyone I come across is fully kitted out it definitely ruins aspect of skill and survival 

It's not really hard to get kitted out though, all you got to do is make it to the nearest military base and you're set, regardless if you server hop or not.

On 9/4/2018 at 9:41 PM, zPaniK said:

So I understand that this is part of the game, but it still feels slightly dirty to me. I was playing with two other friends tonight and we finally managed to meet up, so we moved to a Military base. 

We all had some guns but were by no means fully kitted. As we were working our way trough the base a group of 5 guys spawned in behind us in a building we had just looted. They started shooting first but after a VERY intense fire fight we managed to kill them all without anyone from our squad dying.

Every single one of the guys had at least 8 full clips of 5.56 on them and assorted guns. Now like I said I understand this is part of the game but I can’t help feel like what they were doing is borderline abuse.

I just wanted to hear everyone’s thoughts on server hopping and wether they feel like it is a fair, legitimate tactic; or if they would prefer the devs try to implement some way of blocking it.

It's abuse and needs a patch to fix it. I love this game, but this has happened to me twice today and is killing it already for me. 

On 9/5/2018 at 9:57 AM, weer6kell said:

I lost everything in my pocket and backpack. And I was so kitted out the f##k. And when I lag out I lose everything again. This is a joke. And the compass dose not work. 

yes it does you need to open it then hold RT to see it. if you still having problems try standing in a shadow area so you can see the compass 

A chime or beeping sound to let you know someone is spawning In close by, the closer they are the louder it chimes like proximity chat? At least you could be alert and prepare? Thatd help. 

On 9/8/2018 at 9:42 PM, pilgrim* said:

I suggested a long while back = WAY more than a year ago AND 2 years ago AND 3 or 4 years ago, (etc)  that key areas (high loot areas), like mil bases and airports, should be NO-LOG zones.

1 ) - If you log out in a NO-LOG ZONE your avatar stays in place for 3 minutes - that's 180 whole seconds = That's a a REALLY LONG TIME for it to be standing in game vulnerable; in a high risk area .. So if (for instance) you were trapped in a building in a gunfight in a NO-LOG ZONE, you'd stand a much better chance of surviving if you stay in-game to fight it out, or trying to make a break ,or surrendering .. that would be a lot MORE realistic.

2 ) - If you do anyway log out in a NO-LOG ZONE, then when you log in again (after waiting 3 whole minutes for your avatar to leave the last game) you arrive at a random freshspawn point, but keeping all your gear.

I like these ideas but what if the server kicked you out in a "No Log Zone" you would be punished with that and be potentially killed by other players or zombies

Edited by Los Bandito

1 hour ago, Los Bandito said:

I like these ideas but what if the server kicked you out in a "No Long Zone" you would be punished with that and be potentially killed by other players or zombies

That's why I suggested you would respawn at random somewhere with all your gear. My first idea maybe 4 or 5 years ago was that you CANT log in or out in  NO-LOG zone.. if you log out you die. This means any fights or encounters inside a high loot zone will be to the DEATH.. like in a REAL firefight situation. If you are trapped inside the Control Tower at an airfield you have to surrender or fignt or die.. you cant let your 2 squaddies log out with all their gear AND all your gear, and stay to fight in your underpants with one gun until they're clear, and then get  killed and rejoin them   and get your gear back.

That would make any firefight or meeting in a high loot zone much more realistic.. All players HAVE to come in from outside the zone.. same as everyone else.. AND in an encounter they can't hide and log out, or squad-out.. so it's to the death. it's more Real.

BUT folk said exactly what you say(*) - & << supposed the server dropped you, or there was a drop in the ping,  or the serve owner kicked you unfairly, or my mum pulled the plug out of the socket? >>  I'D FRESHSPAWN & LOSE MY KIT UNFAIRLY

SO I said - OK "Make it a NON lethal No-Log Zone"  .. if you log out in there,  you are respawned randomly somewhere WITH all your kit. Just make the avatar wait in the game for LONGER than normal when you log out of a Zone.. say 4 minutes... that would DISCOURAGE people logging out because their avatar might easily be found in 4 mins..

BUT folk said exactly what you say(*) - & << supposed the server dropped you, or there was a drop in the ping,  or the serve owner kicked you unfairly, or my mum pulled the plug out of the socket? >>  FOUR MINUTES IS TOO LONG

So I said.. "At least make it LONGER than the normal change-server waiting time, when you change servers fast..

BUT folk said (*) :  !! NO WE DON'T WANT TO WAIT 4 MINS TO LOG IN - NO - NO -  NOT FOR ANY REASON !!

So that's as far as the argument has got on server hopping for the last 5 years..; there are 3000+ posts on it and no one agreed anything, except some folk said - if you don't want hoppers GO PLAY ON PRIVATE HIVE SERVERS  - NOT the public hive.

So the answer for the Public Hive is = THERE IS NO ANSWER. Everyone on PC Public Hive just gave up thinking about it or moved to private servers - and all the suggestions and the rants just Totally Faded Away and no one talk about it anymore - for about the last TWO years.. until Xbox players turned up, and started NOTICING it all over again... PC players accepted it as  a thing that happens, and some folk play hopper, they just play DayZ that way, other folk moved to Private Hives. Nothing was decided, it was forgotten. so Hoppers Exist.

- and that's  ONE reason it's so easy for you Xbox folk to gear up and PVP..

End of story.

- - - - - - - -

* yes, when you respawn at random you might get shot...  that happens anyway.. and if the server drops you in the middle of a battle (anyplace) , that's bad luck..  but if you log out in a ZONE.. then you're asking for trouble.. All you have to KNOW is there are HIGHER risks inside that ZONE.

And SURE if you get kicked you MIGHT respawn and get shot.. but you knew that before you went into the Airfield or the Mil Base... So like IN REAL LIFE you know entering HIGH RISK areas is a RISKY thing to do (right?) , and if you want less risk maybe you should go out in the woods and read a book and eat worms..  ?? 

IMO = = WAR is Hell.. OK... You deliberately go INTO a WAR ZONE.. you ought to be ready for the CHANCE that BAD THINGS MIGHT HAPPEN .. specially if you want to <play safe> and go in there by HOPPING. You will definitely NOT get in there by hopping if it is a No-Log Zone  .. You take your chances just like EVERY other player. 

Going in a No-Log Zone = Serves you right. Tough luck. DayZ and Death are both Unfair.. Cr@p Happens.  Deal with it. That's my attitude to what happens in a NO-LOG zone . Even if you log out by accident... If you're afraid of that, DONT GO THERE.

But anyway - the bottom line for PC players was... the argument faded out, no one agree, everyone got bored talking about it, the discussion and the ideas were dropped..

If you Xbox players have ideas.. pick it up and run with it . Hey, dudes & dudesses - this is YOUR Game. 

ENJOY

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, Eeyeoretherealone said:

A chime or beeping sound to let you know someone is spawning In close by, the closer they are the louder it chimes like proximity chat? At least you could be alert and prepare? Thatd help. 

In the PC version there used to be a mag-loading sound when someone spawned in.   It was taken away.  There were a couple of clever "meta-game" tricks to know if another player was close.. so they tried to deal with those and (I think) in the process the Mag-Load sound vanished with the meta-game gimmicks. Look back through the blogs for the ancient history of DayZ versions. Or ask a kindly PC player, or a DEV.

there was also a time when you knew if rabbits were close because you heard them making the bullet-counting sound, and they popped cans too.. that was usually rabbits.  But they stay quiet now -  maybe the BAD rabbits moved out ? 

• Beans 1

On 9/15/2018 at 6:38 AM, pilgrim* said:

In the PC version there used to be a mag-loading sound when someone spawned in.   It was taken away.  There were a couple of clever "meta-game" tricks to know if another player was close.. so they tried to deal with those and (I think) in the process the Mag-Load sound vanished with the meta-game gimmicks. Look back through the blogs for the ancient history of DayZ versions. Or ask a kindly PC player, or a DEV.

there was also a time when you knew if rabbits were close because you heard them making the bullet-counting sound, and they popped cans too.. that was usually rabbits.  But they stay quiet now -  maybe the BAD rabbits moved out ? 

I truly think that was a great deterrent, cause that audible sound was so loud for people scooting and looting. To make things better it could have been the pain sound playing like it was back in the mod, for those who didn't have a weapon to reload. Not sure why they got rid of it, there is nothing meta about a hopper getting shot in a high traffic area other than the hopper themselves trying to shortcut the game mechanics. 

• Beans 1

Server hoping should be banned flat out you wanna loot like that play pubg  or play the game for how it was intended or don’t play you’re cheating everyone out for playing the game properly 

Just now, Tea_420 said:

Server hoping should be banned flat out you wanna loot like that play pubg  or play the game for how it was intended or don’t play you’re cheating everyone out for playing the game properly 

How you going to ban it? - the first Public Hive server you log into you cant EVER play on any other server ? ( that would "work", but it's not a very good solution, right? )  -so how do you suggest to stop it ?  What's the solution ?

34 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

How you going to ban it? - the first Public Hive server you log into you cant EVER play on any other server ? ( that would "work", but it's not a very good solution, right? )  -so how do you suggest to stop it ?  What's the solution ?

There must be some type of algorithm the devs could put in place that could detect if a player is repeatedly hopping servers at mil type areas. As opposed to spawning in for the first time, or re-logging if kicked.

After x amount of times doing this, that player could be flagged, and receive some type of warning/suspension. Or, if the devs get creative, put into their own special server, filled with hundreds of zombies in close proximity to the player, with only melee weapons to be had..

• Like 1