zPaniK

Favorite Weapons

Out of all of the weapons we have available to us on console right now what are some of your guys favorites?

Personally I’m really liking the AKM right now. I have a suppressor and a red dot and I honestly prefer the single fire of this gun over the M4. 

• Like 1

I’d say M416, only gun that hasn’t given me issues with the mag yet lol. If I can ever find a scope for my Mosin, and they fix the fact that I’ve got to go into my menu and press B to load a round every time, it may be my second favorite.

I’ve had an AK, a few .380 pistols, 2 skorpions, and a .45 USAG? All glitch out on me. I realized after a while of screwing them up, if you have the gun in your bag with no mag in it, then pick up a mag into your inventory. It goes into the gun but the game acts as if it’s not there. Can’t unload it or just load a new one. From there on out you have to load each round by hand. Havn’t figures out a fix for it yet.

With all the buggyness I can’t give a good assessment.  I’ve only had the AKM and U-70 with ammo though.  Being a noob to Dayz, i’m still satisfied with any gun I can find ammo for...

I really enjoy the AKM/SVD combo atm, suppressor and the nameless Russian holo-sight for the AKM to be used for zombie clearing/protection. Got the PSO-1 Scope on the SVD for when I actively hunt people out of boredom.

Would be really nice if they could implement a hold-breath function on Xbox, it is extremely difficult to line up a 200 meter shot on someone, even when I’m prone. Only way to really get a kill is when someone is sitting still long enough for the reticle to pass over them.

Thats why I like to sit on hills and watch the Wells in spawn towns, easy targets when they are animation locked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zPaniK said:

Out of all of the weapons we have available to us on console right now what are some of your guys favorites?

Personally I’m really liking the AKM right now. I have a suppressor and a red dot and I honestly prefer the single fire of this gun over the M4. 

Ive only used the akm and m4 but im carrying both, akm with an actual silencer and red dot, and my m4 has a makeshift supressor from a pet bottle and duct tape, i use the m4 when i enter buildings and around small closed in areas, the akm is for when im on road or through the woods n fields.

found a PU scope on top of castle ruins good for either a mosin or SKS. (i need a scope for either a m4 or akm)

EDIT : I got it for my akm as soon as i jumped of here. then 20 min later server reset and i lost my akm. it took me back about 5 min to a spot where i had dropped my akm to make a silencer for my m4  as my inventory was full AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAarg. i thought i still had 5 min just wanted to search one more building before reset. sucks.

on a side note i read on here none of the guns have full auto, my M4 does. how do i change it semi?

Edited by DMC14

3 hours ago, DMC14 said:

found a PU scope on top of castle ruins good for either a mosin or SKS. (i need a scope for either a m4 or akm)

EDIT : I got it for my akm as soon as i jumped of here. then 20 min later server reset and i lost my akm. it took me back about 5 min to a spot where i had dropped my akm to make a silencer for my m4  as my inventory was full AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAarg. i thought i still had 5 min just wanted to search one more building before reset. sucks.

on a side note i read on here none of the guns have full auto, my M4 does. how do i change it semi?

From what I was reading, right now there is no way to switch between semi and full auto, but apparently it is a feature that is planned for the future.

Kind of a bummer, I would love to be able to switch between semi and full on a M4

Also has anyone been able to find any attachments for the M4 or AKM? I’ve found a red dot and some other scopes but haven’t seen any stocks or grips, just wondering

VSS vintorez is my favorite,curently not in game. hope they add AS VAL and 20rnd mags

1 hour ago, zPaniK said:

Also has anyone been able to find any attachments for the M4 or AKM? I’ve found a red dot and some other scopes but haven’t seen any stocks or grips, just wondering

not in game now

As someone said; the bugs on weapons and inventory make it hard to judge...

But; at its current stage I am running an M4 and an AKM and both are sturdy and reliable. 

The M4 gives better CQB to mid range combat as im using an ACOG & its stuck set to auto so its good to put down small bursts of fire over longer distances and then easy to make the kill up close.

The AKM gives more accurate fire ovvr longer distances in general but also being stuck to single shot atm it helps a lot more. The damage output is higher due to higher calibre rounds (dont know stats for the game but my common knowledge tells me it should do and it seems thats way in game). 

Found an SVD in a heli crash site but obviously had no mags or rounds so ended up leaving it...to then later find a half filled clip for it LOL my luck

Edited by Powell x91

On 9/4/2018 at 8:01 AM, zPaniK said:

I HAD A SILENCER  and a long range scope (pso-1) on the akm i lost when the server reset last night. luckily i was carrying an m4 as well but if i hadnt of had the m4 i wouldnt of put the akm down to muck around with my inventory.

lucky i found a crash site with a SVD about half an hr later no clip or scope though.

with the M4 when using iron sights does the background go all blury and double vision when anyone else uses it? i like to zoom in to see in the distance better but it doesnt work with the m4.

2 hours ago, DMC14 said:

I HAD A SILENCER  and a long range scope (pso-1) on the akm i lost when the server reset last night. luckily i was carrying an m4 as well but if i hadnt of had the m4 i wouldnt of put the akm down to muck around with my inventory.

lucky i found a crash site with a SVD about half an hr later no clip or scope though.

with the M4 when using iron sights does the background go all blury and double vision when anyone else uses it? i like to zoom in to see in the distance better but it doesnt work with the m4.

Yeah that happens when I zoom in as well, the red dot on an AKM is pretty pixelated too...

22 hours ago, SquanchyGamer said:

I’d say M416, only gun that hasn’t given me issues with the mag yet lol. If I can ever find a scope for my Mosin, and they fix the fact that I’ve got to go into my menu and press B to load a round every time, it may be my second favorite.

I’ve had an AK, a few .380 pistols, 2 skorpions, and a .45 USAG? All glitch out on me. I realized after a while of screwing them up, if you have the gun in your bag with no mag in it, then pick up a mag into your inventory. It goes into the gun but the game acts as if it’s not there. Can’t unload it or just load a new one. From there on out you have to load each round by hand. Havn’t figures out a fix for it yet.

There is actually a fix for this.. It worked for me and my buddy. You have to put the gun in your hand or on the ground (try both if the first doesn't work) And go to the slot where the mag is at and press Y and then A while hovering over the mag. I don't know if pressing them fast makes a difference and I haven't tried it with the gun being in my hand yet but my buddy said it works. Then from there you reload the mag and then pop it back into the gun. Best of luck to you! Reply back if you have any other questions about it. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve got to try this, thanks for the info!

I have been trying to understand what is going on when this bug triggers, and it will happen even if you have it equipped to your back but basically the game requires a full animation in order to use the mag. When you pick the mag off the ground the game autoequips it to the gun if it doesn’t have a mag on it (skips animation)

This is more likely a system the devs put into place to keep people from reloading instantly, but unfortunately they made it to where attachments and mags auto equip. Pretty sure this is an issue with Xbox specifically, since the equip button and pick up button are both X.

Thats just my theory on the subject, I could be wrong.

EDIT: What I do to avoid this is when you find your first mag for your gun, equip your weapon and press Right Trigger on the mag while it’s on the ground.

Also, my new favorite gun combo is AKM/USG45, both can have suppressors and with some field testing the AKM shots hurt just as much as SVD even with a supressor.

Edited by ApexOutlaw
  • Like 1

currently running a mosin with a PU, AK without a stock and tons of tuna. Only problem is I’m able to load 5 in the mosin but once you load them in you can’t actually rechamber bullets I’m it, so im stuck single loading with 4 in the rifle. 

Ive only come across the IZH18, four 5 handgun, the 9mm hand gun, scorpion, M416, and a svd. I’ve seem some people posting they have a Sporter 22 but I haven’t seen one at all. 

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, likejessejames said:

currently running a mosin with a PU, AK without a stock and tons of tuna. Only problem is I’m able to load 5 in the mosin but once you load them in you can’t actually rechamber bullets I’m it, so im stuck single loading with 4 in the rifle. 

Ive only come across the IZH18, four 5 handgun, the 9mm hand gun, scorpion, M416, and a svd. I’ve seem some people posting they have a Sporter 22 but I haven’t seen one at all. 

I haven’t ever used the Mosin, couldn’t find the ammo for it when I started and by the time I did I got rid of it for an AKM.

So I don’t have much experience with the gun, but maybe try tapping Y while holding the gun, that might force a chamber animation but I’m not too sure. If you want a speedier load you can add the bullets to your quickslot options and when you hold right on D-Pad press B instead of A on the bullets to combine them with your rifle. Hope the Y option works though...

I’ll have to give it a gander, the only way I find mosin ammo is by raiding military installations. 

Prior to the update I grabbed an AKM. I was kinda indifferent about it, but I later attached a PSO-1 scope to it and really like the look of it. Plus being able to toggle between ADS and scope in 1st person is a neat change. 

Edited by Skofield_Kid

16 hours ago, EnforcingSkullsX said:

There is actually a fix for this.. It worked for me and my buddy. You have to put the gun in your hand or on the ground (try both if the first doesn't work) And go to the slot where the mag is at and press Y and then A while hovering over the mag. I don't know if pressing them fast makes a difference and I haven't tried it with the gun being in my hand yet but my buddy said it works. Then from there you reload the mag and then pop it back into the gun. Best of luck to you! Reply back if you have any other questions about it. 

Dude, thanks alot! I held Y and spammed A from within the inventory when the gun was on the ground and it picked the mag up out of the gun and fixed my issue!

• Like 1

On 2018-09-04 at 5:30 AM, zPaniK said:

Favourite weapons? Hell....i barely have time to loot before the eat/drink clock is ringing...i guess my favourite weapon is the hatchet...so i can open my baked beans.

Looking forward to when they implement an improvised bow (though I might be biased from those satisfying head-shots in The Last of Us). At least then you can put that that hatchet to use in getting your hands on a ranged weapon early on.