Tyler Lochbaum

Health won’t stop decreasing

Question

Health will just go down out of no where. And I try bandaging and eating the whole 9 yards and I can’t bring it back. I eventually die has happened 3 times today. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

12 answers to this question

I believe in the current build you automatically stop bleeding after a few seconds and don't even need to bandage, so if your health is going down it's likely either due to lack of food/water, if both meters are white you should get an up arrow on your health icon and start healing back up.

There is a known issue where the hydration meter is cut off the edge of the screen for some people so you could be dying of thirst but not realise it? 

Both thirst/hunger will go down fast especially if you are sprinting, so when you find a well/pond/river drink a lot, I usually drink until the stomach icon shows up to indicate I'm stuffed.

Edited by smasht
  • Like 3

If your not starving or dehydrated & not bleeding then try seeing if your food and water bars have any red downwards arrows whilst at walking speed. I've had that happen a few times , sometime my character bugs out and gets locked into a sprint response even though I'm not sprinting. Logging and joining a different server has always fixed this for me. If that's no help then maybe you've taken a considerable fall, falling can cause a broken leg which can only be fixed by combining sticks (harvested with knife,machete, etc) harvested from a bush with rags to create a splint. Apply said splint. Ive also had a similar issue but didn't know how to craft a splint at the time. Hope this helps

Edited by TheYetiBum
Spelling error

17 minutes ago, smasht said:

I believe in the current build you automatically stop bleeding after a few seconds and don't even need to bandage, so if your health is going down it's likely either due to lack of food/water, if both meters are white you should get an up arrow on your health icon and start healing back up.

There is a known issue where the hydration meter is cut off the edge of the screen for some people so you could be dying of thirst but not realise it? 

Both thirst/hunger will go down fast especially if you are sprinting, so when you find a well/pond/river drink a lot, I usually drink until the stomach icon shows up to indicate I'm stuffed.

As you say, Bleeding isn't in this build... Could you confirm for me that sickness/disease isn't aswell? As was expecting maybe something may of effected me by now. Also got purification tablets so wouldn't want to waste them when currently there is no need to (had them in my inventory since yesterday as they will be valuable one day LOL)

Disease isn't in yet either, if you drink dirty water the disease icon will get an up arrow but it currently has no effect and will dissapear again shortly after.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smasht said:

Disease isn't in yet either, if you drink dirty water the disease icon will get an up arrow but it currently has no effect and will dissapear again shortly after.

Okay, Thought so. Started vomiting after we made good use of a dead party member and it just made me second guess.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for letting me know that bleeding isn't fully implemented, I've been bandaging for two days......D'oh lol

No I tink he like me is tired of the speed energy and de hydration is happenin ? Mine is deplenishing miles too quickly. If I eat an Apple and drink a bottle of water as I did literally 10 mins ago. filled up my three arrows. Crossed the street and BOOM back to minus three arrows.

?????????????????? 

And by the answer Mod has given I am guessing the dev team is happy with the current hydration and hunger mechanics and we're just bad Bambi's who don't know how to play the game. Which if this is the case I can't see me playing it too much whilst it is like this. Just unplayable. 

I gave up on VIGOR the other week, and SO don't want the same to happen again, what with me singing bohemia interactive's praises since waaaaaay back to the Operation Flashpoint PC game days to me not wanting to play their two latest games.

Please tell me this isn't so.

Ihave streamed my games over on mixer if you want too see for yourselves how it's not working for me right now.

name over there is the same as here Tyler Tee H C

3 hours ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

No I tink he like me is tired of the speed energy and de hydration is happenin ? Mine is deplenishing miles too quickly. If I eat an Apple and drink a bottle of water as I did literally 10 mins ago. filled up my three arrows. Crossed the street and BOOM back to minus three arrows.

?????????????????? 

And by the answer Mod has given I am guessing the dev team is happy with the current hydration and hunger mechanics and we're just bad Bambi's who don't know how to play the game. Which if this is the case I can't see me playing it too much whilst it is like this. Just unplayable. 

I gave up on VIGOR the other week, and SO don't want the same to happen again, what with me singing bohemia interactive's praises since waaaaaay back to the Operation Flashpoint PC game days to me not wanting to play their two latest games.

Please tell me this isn't so.

Ihave streamed my games over on mixer if you want too see for yourselves how it's not working for me right now.

name over there is the same as here Tyler Tee H C

You're seeing the downward arrows cos you're sprinting. Stop sprinting everywhere. You're not super man. Jog. 

Also eating raw chicken and earthworms has no effect on your health in this build...I've yet to shoot and butcher a cow...heard them but not seen one yet! 3:)

Thanks for the help everyone my hydration bar is glitched and it doesn’t tell me when I’m thirsty so I just drink periodically and I seem to be doing fine with this method 

13 hours ago, Tyler Lochbaum said:

Thanks for the help everyone my hydration bar is glitched and it doesn’t tell me when I’m thirsty so I just drink periodically and I seem to be doing fine with this method 

Just to clarify, you mean the hydration icon on the far right? Because we already had a case when a player could not see the hydration icon, as it was outside of his screen and mistook the blood icon for hydration.

And what do you mean glitched?