TheMachine

No competent player should die

For the last 3 days I've been camping cherno and elektro with an AS50' date=' I don't go into the cities, nor do I loot kills.

I just shoot idiots, 45 and counting.

[/quote']

Translation: I shoot noobs all day in a computer game. I somehow think this is a fulfilling way to spend my life.

3 of the noobs had good gear !

Makes immature post calling people idiots.

Complains that people calling him an idiot are immature.

Claims he wants a challenge killing people that are trying not to die.

Snipes noobs who present no challenge "for fun".

lol

This.

I've been sniped plenty of times' date=' and I'm mostly okay with it, but telling me I wasn't carefull or that I'm a noob just because I didn't see a tiny speck in the treelines 800 meters away, which happened to be a camping sniper is a bit elitist and self-serving to me.

[/quote']

you may not be a noob, but you were definitely either willfully ignorant about traveling across an unsafe area or being too lazy to properly avoid potential sniper perches.

Snipers need to start realizing that being a camper isn't that pro.

i guess someone should tell our real life military snipers that they need to stand up and wave their arms around more :rolleyes:

but on topic, it's not that hard because so many people are very bad at this game. it's not his fault that well-geared teams with rangefinders and thermal scopes don't come hunt him down after he's beeing popping off .50 rounds for over an hour.

the north elektro hill is a known death trap, and yet people still wander around the store/north fire station/school roof/hospital roof like they're in a magical gumdrop forest.

no pity for the ignorant and stupid

it's not that hard because so many people are very bad at this game

the north elektro hill is a known death trap' date=' and yet people still wander around the store/north fire station/school roof/hospital roof like they're in a magical gumdrop forest

[/quote']

Well done *slow claps*. Read the whole thread mate.

I hope a hacker kills the OP. Must be really hard to die when all you do is camp 1km away from cities and shoot people with a sniper rifle. Not like you're the first person to do it' date=' and you won't be the last.

[/quote']

The thing is, he stated that he looted his rifle by killing 3 other snipers who were in the area. So unlike someone who server hoped the NW barracks -- He spawned in cherno, snuck around and avoided 3 snipers which netted him his rifle. He was no better off than the people he kills on a daily basis and yet he managed to survive and come out on top.

Maybe some of the people who died should learn from their experience and not be such idiots next time.

I've personally let people live who I knew were not in a position to effect or kill me -- But who I thought were being very sneaky and playing smartly. I kill idiots on sight and attack larger groups for the challenge. None of the idiots seem to learn, they just moan on the forum.

Learn some fieldcraft and how to survive, don't be greedy, sneak, be patient, play it smart, use cover and plan your route -- Have to cross an open field? You didn't plan your route very well did you? If you have to spend that extra 10 minutes walking around the field in the tree line and don't bother then get sniped... Who's fault is it? The sniper? For "camping" or "death matching"? No, it's yours jackass...

I'm a god damn sniper' date=' what you want me to do?

[/quote']

Translation: I tell myself that shooting noobs in a computer game makes me a 'sniper'.

This helps me keep the gaping void where my actual life should be from swallowing me whole.

But sometimes, even my titanic powers of self-delusion fail me, so I have to seek verification from strangers on the internet.

Its also fun how the selfproclaimed 'pro snipers' always point out that people are not careful enough.

I've been sniped plenty of times' date=' and I'm mostly okay with it, but telling me I wasn't carefull or that I'm a noob just because I didn't see a tiny speck in the treelines 800 meters away, which happened to be a camping sniper is a bit elitist and self-serving to me.

Snipers need to start realizing that being a camper isn't that pro. As said, I'm mostly okay with it, but I just hate much of the attitude, because it's really not that hard/

[/quote']

Well, if you need to get gratification out of multiplayer-computer games but are too lazy to practice hard enough for a competitive game, dayz is probably inviting.

Its not a real problem ingame though, because most people play like that for fun and to try stuff out. I kill most people on sight, too, and enjoy catching unsuspecting players sometimes if I want their gear.

Its just bizarre that some people are deluded enough to come onto a forum claiming how they are skilled in something because of that and take part in discussions about the game development.

The loot is not important anymore if you have 3-4 water bottles a full toolbelt and guns for every situation.

i can undertsand the op and the guys who are pissed off, but its a sandbox game and he plays a bad mf killer/sniper whatever. Who cares... There are tons of servers, and hes lies just on one in a bush.

Hes a thread for others, ok. But thats a situation you have to handle, or you will die. Sure the first one is dead and cant anything do but the others can hear a .50 shot, and get prepared.

The op is right, that game was/is a milsim and has to be played with real tactics instead of game tactics (shooter tactics).

1 guy with a makarov can kill the sniper here, you have fucking 225 sqkm to flank him and enough landscape or hard cover to avoid los. You can decide by your own how to react in which situation.

new ppl need to get used to arma and the style to play it, and i mean arma + arrowhead with ace, pr or vanilla not dayz!!!! because there are the real fights going on.

Opf Arma player since beginning! 11 years

And no respect or credit for self proclaimed hardcore snipers and wannabe elitist campers either.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Next topic.

I've personally let people live who I knew were not in a position to effect or kill me -- But who I thought were being very sneaky and playing smartly.

So, you make a judgement based on whether they impress you with their playstyle? You are just as superior as the OP! /s

I'm assuming you're the OP, seeing as he's now conveniently offline and you've read the whole thread, and somehow side with him even though he's completely fucking retarded.

how exactly do you people suggest snipers go about their business?

should they pull out a loudspeaker and scream 'HELLO SIR I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CONTEST OF SKILL AND VALOR' across 800m so it becomes a "fair" fight?

i mean god forbid players actually learn where the high-risk sniper areas are on the map and intelligently avoid them

should they pull out a loudspeaker and scream 'HELLO SIR I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CONTEST OF SKILL AND VALOR' across 800m so it becomes a "fair" fight?

haters gonna hate

I don;t think it should be like that.

I'm just saying they can leave the leet attitude, since sniping and camping isn't that hard.

i mean god forbid players actually learn where the high-risk sniper areas are on the map and intelligently avoid them

Like I said kid, read the whole thread. No one is suggesting people who snipe need to reveal their position.

I love "dumb" players.......

I was on a freshly spawned survivor this morning in Elektro (my own stupidity of not paying attention lead to the death of my 9 day old Survivor, climbing down from the tower at Devil's Castle; let's say the first three steps were fine and then I went SPLAT!). Anyways with just my trusty Crowbar as I walked out of the Grocery Store, I noticed two more Survivors standing on the roof of the building next to me. I climbed to the second flood, then climbed the ladder about half way up to the third floor to see where they were facing. Climbed back down, threw an empty whiskey bottle for LULZ and noticed they actually walked towards where the sound of it shattering took place. Quickly climbed the ladder, a few swing of a crowbar ladder, and I was just as geared as my old survivor again! >.<

There's just no reason to die if you know what you're doing.

Tell that to the ladders.

Rgds

LoK

I'm so thoroughly confused as to why everyone seems to want to be "the sniper".

Competent and DCers pretty much survive the longest.

LOL so everybody should just get a ghille suit and camp in a bush to stay alive. Oh, I bow down to you, dude who just sits in a bush sniping noobs in elektro. You've truly mastered dayZ . Must be very rewarding to to never take any risks and then lecture people about how they should never die in a game designed to kill you at every turn. Forget that dayz staff have stated repeatedly that the constant murdering is something they are trying to fix, they are just noobs that don't know how to play.

By the way, even those careful, smart players you mentioned eventually die. Everybody does, even retards like you that camp in a bush near hotspots all day pretending this is call of duty. Don't get me wrong, camping in a bush killing noobs is a completely valid way to play but don't pretend youre some kind of dayz elite. You're a desthmatch noob with no imagination and an inflated sense of your own 'skill'. Nothing more.

This exactly.

Don't like my play style?

Then kill me.

No moaning, no sobbing, no name calling.

If I can kill 3 guys and loot their gear, you can kill me and loot mine.

Took me all of 10 minutes to figure out exactly where they were, flank them...and ruin their shit.

Every kill, with about half a dozen exceptions has been retards on roofs.

Yeah, I struggle to see what anyone would get out of this style in Dayz. There's just so many games that offer this type of gameplay - only much, much better.

There's so much going on in DayZ, it just seems that moronically sniping people who offer no threat is like being given the keys to a lambourghini and practicing reverse parking all day.

I just don't get it.

Was the whole point of that post just to brag about you being able to hide and snipe poor people...? For shame sir...

I've personally let people live who I knew were not in a position to effect or kill me -- But who I thought were being very sneaky and playing smartly.

So' date=' you make a judgement based on whether they impress you with their playstyle? You are just as superior as the OP! /s

I'm assuming you're the OP, seeing as he's now conveniently offline and you've read the whole thread, and somehow side with him even though he's completely fucking retarded.

[/quote']

I'm Elvis too, are you high? Since we're making assumptions, I'm amusing you're a moron. I bet my assumption is closer to the truth.

Edit:

it's so easy to tell who dies constantly in this thread lol

Exactly, haha. :P

The loot is not important anymore if you have 3-4 water bottles a full toolbelt and guns for every situation.

i can undertsand the op and the guys who are pissed off' date=' but its a sandbox game and he plays a bad mf killer/sniper whatever. Who cares... There are tons of servers, and hes lies just on one in a bush.

[/quote']

I don't think that people have a problem with his ingame behaviour. As I said, many play like that. But to come onto a forum and lecture people about skill is quite ironic in that circumstance.

The op is right, that game was/is a milsim and has to be played with real tactics instead of game tactics (shooter tactics).

Its not a strict military game and its sandbox. So, as you said, people are free to do whatever they want.

Also, I think its believable that normal people don't necessarily follow military tactical rules in that situation.

In the end its all a matter of patience, and not a matter of skill. I don't think there is much skill beyond common sense in this game. Some decision making maybe, but the best decisions in this game are usually the most boring, so you cannot call people unskilled if they take unneccessary risks. They want to have fun, its a zombie videogame after all.

Since we're making assumptions' date=' I'm amusing you're a moron. I bet my assumption is closer to the truth.

[/quote']

Read the thread mate.