TheMachine

No competent player should die

This kind of threads are equally useless as the supposed "carebear" threads.

Oh, just thought of a question for the OP...

Are you playing on regular servers, or veteran? Someone asked you where you play, and I don't believe you answered...

You will always die' date=' unless you camp all day ofcourse. If you actively travel and enter buildings for loot, you will run into a different player at some point, and one of them will shoot you one day.

[/quote']

In dayz current status either they will kill you, run away, or D/C upon seeing you. T.T

Had alot of nice equipment... Night vision, DMR. Living for 5 days and counting, usually the top of the leader boards in terms of Zeds killed. Being a loner at night - looking for any possible vehicles; ONE zombie ran up, broke my legs, knocked me unconcious, took 7k off my 12k health pool in one hit!... Shhiiiiiit.

That was a learning experience. Pretty much told me not to get attached to my gear.

I need to go to Cherno/Elektro for medical supplies because it's a waste of time heading north knowing the moment I'm hit I will break my leg' date=' requiring morphine.

Nah, you're right, I'm clearly incompetent. /s

[/quote']

lolwow

I pity your parents; raising a potato must be such a strain

I read the OP and all I got from it was "I am an asshole and other people are morons because of it.".

*shrugs* Whatever floats your little raft dude.

Grow up.

Oh' date=' just thought of a question for the OP...

Are you playing on regular servers, or veteran? Someone asked you where you play, and I don't believe you answered...

[/quote']

I play veteran servers generally, no nameplates on there (which are a massive BS feature imo).

I don't have a server that I frequent.

Are you kidding me? In a real zombie apocalypse would you sit on the outskirts of a town killing random people? This is a survival game, and as much as people want it to be a deathmatch, it isn't.

I know, 'derp go play COD you noob LOL'. Well in COD, people sit in bushes sniping other players without actually caring about the actual objective of the game, so maybe you should go play COD.

I've had people hunt me down and take me out for what? A bandage and some painkillers? Give me a break. They want to make other people miserable and think they're cool because of it. No matter what you say there is absolutely no argument that this is the best way to survive, and in a survival game the point is to, you know, survive. So in true COD/BF fashion, PLAY THE FUCKING OBJECTIVE.

In a real zombie apocalypse would you sit on the outskirts of a town killing random people?

Missed the point

Well in COD, people sit in bushes sniping other players without actually caring about the actual objective of the game

CoD has objectives? Lolwut

Are you kidding me? In a real zombie apocalypse would you sit on the outskirts of a town killing random people? This is a survival game' date=' and as much as people want it to be a deathmatch, it isn't.

I know, 'derp go play COD you noob LOL'. Well in COD, people sit in bushes sniping other players without actually caring about the actual objective of the game, so maybe you should go play COD.

I've had people hunt me down and take me out for what? A bandage and some painkillers? Give me a break. They want to make other people miserable and think they're cool because of it. No matter what you say there is absolutely no argument that this is the best way to survive, and in a survival game the point is to, you know, survive. So in true COD/BF fashion, PLAY THE FUCKING OBJECTIVE.

[/quote']

Another one who won't learn to play and just comes on here to cry.

There's victims and there's VICTORS, kid.

You are a victim, want that to change?

Less tears, more learning.

Can't believe all the immature personal attacks' date=' calling me an idiot just for shooting people.

I have nothing against the players I kill, I'm sure some of them are nice folks.

But I enjoy shooting people, is that a crime?

Last time I died some sneaky beggar got me with an m1911, fair play to him.

He worked it where I was, flanked me and shot me down.

Was my fault for not relocating after some kills and for not watching my back.

[/quote']

I have a question what do you get from killing in dayz that isn't in say cod,bf2/3,tf2, etc...

Challenge.

People are actually trying not to die.

Dayz is not challenging in a pvp sense, its not even a competitive game. Its the only game I can enjoy playing with casual RL friends, who dont want put in the time for training. There is not much skill in this game, you live forever if you're patient enough, and if you wanna have fun instead you play risky and get exciting scenarios. I guess you must suck hard at competitive fps if you come to a casual atmospheric game like dayz, abuse some camping spot to shoot at newbees and start talking about skill. Don't mix up your fantasy roleplaying world with the real world, dude.

Are you kidding me? In a real zombie apocalypse would you sit on the outskirts of a town killing random people? This is a survival game' date=' and as much as people want it to be a deathmatch, it isn't.

[/quote']

Right. So if zombies began to kill everyone on earth your first thought would be to find a sniper rifle, and start killing those survivors.

I completely understand shooting on sight, if people pose any risk to your survival then go ahead and take them out, but actively hunting down people who pose zero threat is just sociopathic.

You'll just keep saying 'LOL teh stoopid noob' but in reality you're playing a survival game. You're not even killing people for supplies, it's just cold blooded murder for shit and giggles.

Fucking survival game you moron.

TheMachine is "The Man". Stop crying and learn something from his post.

Can't really get what to you can learn from his post, but i guess there is always something to learn...

Can't believe all the immature personal attacks' date=' calling me an idiot just for shooting people.

I have nothing against the players I kill, I'm sure some of them are nice folks.

[/quote']

I have a question what do you get from killing in dayz that isn't in say cod,bf2/3,tf2, etc...

Challenge.

Dayz is not challenging in a pvp sense, its not even a competitive game. Its the only game I can enjoy playing with casual RL friends, who dont want put in the time for training. There is not much skill in this game, you live forever if you're patient enough, and if you wanna have fun instead you play risky and get exciting scenarios. I guess you must suck hard at competitive fps if you come to a casual atmospheric game like dayz, abuse some camping spot to shoot at newbees and start talking about skill. Don't mix up your fantasy roleplaying world with the real world, dude.

DayZ is obviously challenging enough for there to be this much crying on the forums about PvP deaths.

And I'm not abusing anything, you expect me to come get into hand to hand combat with the AK wielding masses of elektro with a sniper rifle?

[/quote']

Challenge.

+1

Anyone can sit in a bush and snipe people, some people actually want to work together. The best experiences I've had on this game is making friends with people I don't know and working together to get supplies and loot. I don't kill for fun, I do it if it's necessary to survive. You're saying that once people find a sniper rifle they should just find a good camping spot and start ruining the game for everyone else? Once again, this isn't a deathmatch, regular multiplayer is for deathmatches.

[/quote']

Right. So if zombies began to kill everyone on earth your first thought would be to find a sniper rifle, and start killing those survivors.

I completely understand shooting on sight, if people pose any risk to your survival then go ahead and take them out, but actively hunting down people who pose zero threat is just sociopathic.

You'll just keep saying 'LOL teh stoopid noob' but in reality you're playing a survival game. You're not even killing people for supplies, it's just cold blooded murder for shit and giggles.

Wow, no need for the personal attacks there, you'll hurt my delicate feelings.

Yeah it's a survival game, I survive by putting people down before they have the supplies or equipment to kill me with.

I imagine this is the face you make after I snipe you.

dawson-crying.jpg

And I'm not abusing anything' date=' you expect me to come get into hand to hand combat with the AK wielding masses of elektro with a sniper rifle?

[/quote']

But yet, you expect me to "play better" when I'm one-shot killed in Elektro for doing the competent thing and collecting medical supplies before I run north, away from obnoxious people like you.

[/quote']

Challenge.

DayZ is obviously challenging enough for there to be this much crying on the forums about PvP deaths.

And I'm not abusing anything, you expect me to come get into hand to hand combat with the AK wielding masses of elektro with a sniper rifle?

You're basically making the assumption that this game is entirely about PvP. Everything you mention is about killing other players, nothing about zombie survival. Maybe try an actual deathmatch game where killing others is the objective, or maybe you suck so much at that you have to do it in a survival game?

And I'm not abusing anything' date=' you expect me to come get into hand to hand combat with the AK wielding masses of elektro with a sniper rifle?

[/quote']

But yet, you expect me to "play better" when I'm one-shot killed in Elektro for doing the competent thing and collecting medical supplies before I run north, away from obnoxious people like you.

There's plenty of cover, learn to use it.

I have a question what do you get from killing in dayz that isn't in say cod' date='bf2/3,tf2, etc...

[/quote']

Challenge.

You're basically making the assumption that this game is entirely about PvP. Everything you mention is about killing other players, nothing about zombie survival. Maybe try an actual deathmatch game where killing others is the objective, or maybe you suck so much at that you have to do it in a survival game?

Because zombies are a massive threat, right?

No, zombies aren't the danger, I am the danger.

Yeah, maybe since I kill people on DayZ I don't have ÜBER SKILLZ at other games?

Maybe I'm a loser in real life?

Maybe I'm fat? etc etc etc.

Yeah

Normaly i avoid the coast area, but from time to time i go hunt snipers. Sneaking around in the woods listening for cal 50. shots near cherno/elektro. 1 is enough to get barely the direction, to start the search

If the Sniper is a noob who doesnt change position after firing or he had to overwatch a spot for other ppl aproaching the town then hes i great danger.

I just need to scan the area with thermal, after located hes almost dead.

I can select the right gun for the task (currently l8 thermal/bizon sd with 64 rounds per clip)then i can pick him up on range, get closer, go around, whatever i need.

After dropping him i retreat as silently as i came. Getting deep into the woods hunting and searching for water. i dont loot those guys, never... The close cities he was watching have eyes too!

Day Z / ARMA is more a test of ones tact and observation than reaction time.

It requires more thought than other FPS's. While it'll never be an e-sport, it does well at being what it is... A simulator.

None of those people survived and he did. So I guess he's better at the survival game...

Zombie survival, not PvP survival. Are you really saying that realistically if there was a zombie apocalypse, you would find a sniper rifle and mercilessly kill dozens of people? It's trying to survive in the presence of others, not trying to survive longer than others.