TheMachine

No competent player should die

Was the whole point of that post just to brag about you being able to hide and snipe poor people...? For shame sir...

This exactly. I agree with most that It's a legit tactic, but don't act like it's a super skillful or elite thing to do.

Nothing to brag about, same as camping/sniping in any other shooter.

Since we're making assumptions' date=' I'm amusing you're a moron. I bet my assumption is closer to the truth.

[/quote']

Read the thread mate.

You've said that twice to people now. What exactly do you mean by it because it was in no way applicable to the posts you quoted.

You made some wild assumption and said I was the OP. I said you were a moron. And your answer to me is "read the thread mate" -- This confirms that you are a moron.

The downfall of the game right now is that with no other objective other then looting, once you become geared you have no where to move that weight too. With lack of objective or a true end game it becomes a player vs player game as that's the only thing that can offer a buzz anymore.

I say this out of experience, since all the cars in the server i play seem to be hoarded I just stick to using my .50 cal sniper to ruin people's days. especially other snipers.

There is simply nothing better to do. Sure teaching my friends new to DayZ how to play is there, but otherwise nothing.

That being said, no competent player should die regularly, I assume constantly i'm in a sniper's crosshair and zig zag and keep off high elevations without shrubs to avoid detection until i can sight enemies back. I also tend to only go to high value targets at night due to the rarity of NVG and the superior detection cover.

@OP: so, you're playing Arma2 in a mod called DayZ, which is a mod for Arma2. Seems legit.

Have you ever heard of... Arma2? You should give it a try!

Risking to go there at first when you respawn is a nice deal, but whenever i get everything i need i move north. But i don't see the point in camping on a rooftop wasting my life thinking that i'm doing something productive with my life...

But i don't see the point in camping on a rooftop wasting my life thinking that i'm doing something productive with my life...

as opposed to all of those other video game actions which are productive

??

You made some wild assumption and said I was the OP. I said you were a moron. And your answer to me is "read the thread mate" -- This confirms that you are a moron.

I was wrong.

What I am suggesting though, rather than posting your two cents, read the whole thread and rationally argue against the points raised, instead agreeing with the OP who clearly is in the wrong.

I'm a god damn sniper' date=' what you want me to do?

[/quote']

Translation: I tell myself that shooting noobs in a computer game makes me a 'sniper'.

This helps me keep the gaping void where my actual life should be from swallowing me whole.

But sometimes, even my titanic powers of self-delusion fail me, so I have to seek verification from strangers on the internet.

Yep. i think you hit the nail on the head.

I'm sorry for the bluntly obvious. But are we seriously arguing the justifications of a 'sniper'? If supporting/trashing the OP is what we're looking for here, shouldn't we be arguing on the very concept of a sniper, since that's what he defends his actions as? "I'm a sniper, that's it".

A sniper's primary function is to provide detailed reconnaissance from a concealed position and, if necessary, to reduce the enemy's fighting ability by striking at high value targets.

How is this related in any meaningful way to stopping in the middle of a zombie apocalypse on top of a hill, overlooking a far away city, sniping random survivors that go there for supplies and not taking the time to loot once they're dead because all you are is a "sniper", looting them is not worth the risk. There is no enemy, there is no threat to be taken care of, there is no "high value target" unless your purpose is to pick up their gear and beans, which has been made clear: it's not.

There is no class denomination like there is in other games. You are a survivor, not a "sniper", not a "medic", nothing. Your goal is shared with everyone else, to survive in a sandbox game. Possibly getting better and better gear to keep it interesting.

To classify yourself out of context followed by claims of 'skill' in a sandbox game is a comment not worth replying to, much less to let it spark such a heated argument on the concepts of psychopathic murder. Shouldn't we focus on the productive things in this thread? As in, how to spot these psychopaths, how to avoid them.

There's just no reason to die if you know what you're doing.

The price of being morons I guess.

I wouldn't call making the risk to try and find morphine on the roof of the hospital being a moron, since it might be the only place to find it. Chalk this up to legs breaking and less to your leet skills at being a dick on the forums.

Its not a strict military game and its sandbox. So' date=' as you said, people are free to do whatever they want.

Also, I think its believable that normal people don't necessarily follow military tactical rules in that situation.

In the end its all a matter of patience, and not a matter of skill. I don't think there is much skill beyond common sense in this game. Some decision making maybe, but the best decisions in this game are usually the most boring, so you cannot call people unskilled if they take unneccessary risks. They want to have fun, its a zombie videogame after all.

[/quote']

I didnt mean that they cant do what ever they want in this sandbox style world.

i said that such tactics will save you virtual life in arma, and arma has a really big learning curve (controls, tactics etc) and its quiete easy to survive risky situations in dayz when you know what to do.

Dayz is just one mod which is (hmm searching for right words) just special (hehe)...

Arma is made for combined warefare scenario editing and simulation, the campaigns and the few mp missions are just examples what you can do. Its not a game its a big editor. Which exists and got better since 11 years as public and military versions which costs thousands of dollars for private use.

I suggest looking into download mods/maps section here: http://www.armaholic.com/

I was wrong.

What I am suggesting though' date=' rather than posting your two cents, read the whole thread and rationally argue against the points raised, instead agreeing with the OP who clearly is in the wrong.

[/quote']

Looks like you're wrong twice in this thread.

Because the OP raises some valid points. Maybe he could be doing this up north where people are always going to be tooled up -- But people are plenty tooled up around Cherno, it's not just full of new spawns.

I think it was Refried earlier who said he always moves as though he thinks a sniper has him in his sights -- He's a smart man. And I bet he lives longer than 90% of the people moaning at the OP being a "bad man" "sad in RL" "pathetic" "no skill camper".

I play as a sniper too, I try to play it smart, I fight tooled up people and stay in the north, I move about and camp high loot places to scout them out for periods too. And the times I've died to players is when I let my guard down -- Completely my own fault. Everyone can die in this game, there's plenty of things out of your control (bugs / hackers especially) including "shit happened" some guy could log in and happen to be behind you. But you can do your best to minimize that from happening to a point where it's very unlikely.

Most people seem unwilling to learning to be better though, it's far easier to moan at the big boogie man bandit and complain how the game is so unfair and it's not going how you demand it goes.

...Or Alt+F4 -- You guys love doing that, god forbid that ever gets fixes, you'll be spamming rocket with shit like "BUT MY FRIEND GOT STUCK ON THE ITNERSTATE IF THERE'S A TIMER TO LOG OUT HOW CAN I GO AND SAVE HIM? MY INTERNET DIES EVERY 4 SECONDS BECAUSE I LIVE IN ANGOLA!! MY COMPUTER DIES BECAUSE IT'S MADE OUT OF CARDBOARD AND BLUE-TAC"

+1 this best thread i seen in a long time on these forums.

I kill people that deserve to get shot just to learn them an important survival lesson.

They never look for cover or around them having zero awareness.

They rather take shortcuts which means they usually run out in open fields instead of chosing a safer path around with more cover.

They run into cherno / elektro and instead of sneaking and listening for sounds they just make a run for it to lose the zombies in some building but, what they dont realize there is smart people watching them.

They get too excited after killing someone they instantly want to go loot. I killed so many people when someone does this esp when its a group of 2 or 3 all want to loot the body and nobody is covering... easy pray for me.

They usually take very long time looting the dead body or sorting the bags while they are in the open that they forget that there could be more people around that got attracted from the gunshot and decided to check it out.

If your going to loot someone please have a plan make sure you have enough bag slots or inventory slots so you can take what you need ASAP and get away from the body before people have a chance to get too close.

So much mistakes people do that result in their death its stupid and sadly these are the kind of people that go on the forums to whine about how broken pvp is hahaha.

Get real learn how the game works and you might survive longer like some of us ;)

I got over 30 murders and never been shot at or even close to dying because i know how to play this game and you dont.

So stop QQ and learn the game and stop try to remove pvp or punish the good players.

there is no such thing as an absolute. you will always die.

That's an absolute lmao.

Ugh, i got shot by someone i talked to through chat he didn't say anything just walked out the door then turned around the corner and came back a few seconds later and shot me. Then i logged into another server and somehow had a rollback but was shot by another guy later on. Look i know people might have loot and you increase a number when you kill somebody but the more souls the merrier. With a group you can get more gear than just killing people camper-style.

Most people seem unwilling to learning to be better though' date=' it's far easier to moan at the big boogie man bandit and complain how the game is so unfair and it's not going how you demand it goes.

...Or Alt+F4 -- You guys love doing that, god forbid that ever gets fixes, you'll be spamming rocket with shit like "BUT MY FRIEND GOT STUCK ON THE ITNERSTATE IF THERE'S A TIMER TO LOG OUT HOW CAN I GO AND SAVE HIM? MY INTERNET DIES EVERY 4 SECONDS BECAUSE I LIVE IN ANGOLA!! MY COMPUTER DIES BECAUSE IT'S MADE OUT OF CARDBOARD AND BLUE-TAC"

[/quote']

No one is complaining about that. We're specifically adressing OP and how he has raked up 40+ kills camping in Elektro, and then insists we all need to play better.

Not one person has mentioned Alt+F4.

spoiler alert: if you're one of those people dying to snipers in elektro then you DO need to play better

100% avoidable situation

Most people seem unwilling to learning to be better though' date=' it's far easier to moan at the big boogie man bandit and complain how the game is so unfair and it's not going how you demand it goes.

[/quote']

No one is complaining about that. We're specifically adressing OP and how he has raked up 40+ kills camping in Elektro, and then insists we all need to play better.

Not one person has mentioned Alt+F4.

They never had a chance to Alt + F4

spoiler alert: if you're one of those people dying to snipers in elektro then you DO need to play better

100% avoidable situation

No, it isn't. A competent player knows that you need to visit Elektro for medical supplies which is largely unobtainable anywhere else.

Tell me how I should avoid a one-hit camping sniper, shooting newbies with torches:

maybe you've heard of this cool new place called 'berezino'

Yeah, I have. Same situation with the snipers there too.

100% avoidable situation

No' date=' it isn't. A competent player knows that you need to visit Elektro for medical supplies which is largely unobtainable anywhere else.

Tell me how I should avoid a one-hit camping sniper, shooting newbies with torches:

[/quote']

maybe check out area before going in, select save covered route to avoid line of sight to possible sniper locations and dont go on roofs (move with diffrent speeds zig zag in open field bla bla)

As i said before, real military tactics works best here

spoiler alert #2: raiding hospitals will always be dangerous

are you implying that this is a problem, or...?

(btw the berezino hospital is nowhere near as hot as the cherno/elektro ones so i don't know where you're getting this 'same situation' thing from)

100% avoidable situation

No' date=' it isn't. A competent player knows that you need to visit Elektro for medical supplies which is largely unobtainable anywhere else.

[/quote']

Camp outside hospitals far away with sniper rifle and spot people entering hospitals wait for them to loot the whole place and then you stalk them & eventually pop em in the head take it all and leave = You didnt risk shit, and you will get all the loot eventually.

I always do this i camp stary/NW airfield i let people loot. then they leave the arena i pop em in the head and take it ;)

You just need to be smarter and maybe you will survive longer or... stop breaking ur legs ;)