Survivor1431

Significant stuttering despite high FPS in 0.62

Hi,

I'm having stuttering when I play Dayz in 0.62. My FPS is 90 - 120 in forests and 40 - 90 in cities. My CPU and GPU temps were below 60 degrees and neither were bottle-necking (usage often below 70 percent). Everything will be quite smooth but then as I approach a city I'll get a random  20 - 40 frame drop and the game will pause for half a second before becoming smooth again. Rarely my FPS drops to 20 or so but usually it is a playable frame-rate, which is why I don't understand what's causing this. In cities this stuttering happens every few seconds and makes it rather unplayable. I feel like I should at least have a playable game (no stuttering) on low video settings given my PC specs. On low video settings my average FPS is higher but the stuttering issue remains. Is this the result of a poor engine with bad optimization, or is there a solution?

Specs:
GTX 1050TI OC 4 GB
i7 4790 @3.6 ghz
16 GB RAM
Windows 10

This video most closely resembles my performance issue:

The game is not optimized yet, so even with my "more powerful" system I experience the same but probably less than you. (The game probably won't feel smooth until beta or some time after)

What may help is:

-run game from SSD (faster to load all objects in a town)

-don't use the very high objects setting but set it a bit lower.

-don't set all settings to low because that way all the work will go to your CPU and not GPU, you card should easily handle higher settings.

The game feels very clunky right now; possibly worse than at any time since .60, although I don't think this has been helped at all by a recent Windows 10 update (thanks Bill!) that has shagged much of the rest of my puter.

In particular, logging in to a server takes a significant amount of time, during which death (even to zombies) is a significant risk. 

I have absolutely no problems with stuttering. Win 7 Ultimate 64. Only a small amount of nonsense is a weird behavior in the inventory screen ... it's like when the mouse control is not working properly ... I sometimes lose the items when dragging and dropping ... but it goes away as it comes. unpredictable ... but not really annoying, it's more confusing.

The Fps are evertime stable (gtx960  50-135fps)

On 27/12/2017 at 9:21 AM, Phil Kesler said:

In cities this stuttering happens every few seconds and makes it rather unplayable. I feel like I should at least have a playable game (no stuttering) on low video settings given my PC specs. On low video settings my average FPS is higher but the stuttering issue remains.

OP, I have the same problem. 

Intel E3-1230 @3,30Ghz

GTX 1060 6GB

16GB RAM

Win 10

overclocked with MSI Afterburner (+110MHz on core/+550MHz on memory)

and I still experience heavy stuttering in urban areas, even when the FPS shows 45-65 (I capped at 65 to get more stable FPS) and my CPU and GPU usage is at 30%ish (average-to-good details).

Basically what happens is, as a friend of mine told me, the FPS is an average which doesn’t always show what you really need to see. 30 FPS often works not the way you’d like – 30 frames nicely spread over 1 second, but rather one frame consumes half a second and the rest is spread over the other half. Hence the stuttering despite otherwise good performance ratios. All other games work like a charm at highest details, so I believe that only the poor design of Dayz is to blame.

The irony is, I bought my GPU solely for DayZ, not caring that much about other games apart from classic RPGs and TBS. *sigh*

I hope the devs are well aware of this. In the long run, poor performance is a huge deal. I don't PVP much anyway, but it's not like I have a choice, as the stuttering I have won't let me.