exacomvm

This is what DayZ needs.

Nearly everything here sounds pretty awesome, realistic hiding ( no more unfair grass rendering where u cant see sh*t through grass and opponent sees u laying on plain field ), realistic body transformation etc.
That's not really suggestion, should've posted it in General discussion, but few features from scum in dayz would be pretty cool.

Edited by exacomvm
  • Like 1

an insertion of this feature would be a copy.
I would go even a bit further: they can be opponents / infected / animals only see in the 3pp if they would be visible in the line to your head also.
That means in the example of the Scum-Video you can see the opponent only as long as he could see you (eye to eye line on realtime)

I do actually like how they do camo in that game where the player just doesn't end up rendering if they're hiding in a bush etc.

The third person thing however doesn't look that great. I've seen modders do it in arma 3 and the fact that they just disappear on screen is a bit jarring.

Has anyone tried a depth of field effect based on the character's focal point? So, if for example, someone is hiding around the corner, they won't be able to make out/focus on anything beyond maybe a few centimeters or so past the wall they're hiding behind.

Edited by MrAerospace

It's a leveling game with eye candy.  IMO - The serious players have their table of skills and aptitudes open on their 2nd screen, interactive, and a calculator by the keyboard. & you need reaction time, but unless you have the points/skills/aptitudes/bonus calculator working that won't help a lot. - Not complaining.

The things i love in SCUM and would love in DayZ is:
- Dynamic body build changes based on how much u eat, run etc and DayZ devs could actually do something like that and it wont be a Copy since its how it works irl ( Actually even GTA San Andreas has it ).
- Sound based on gear weight or what you're wearing.

Neutral opinion:
- Awarness, i think people behind a screen already has it, how big ur screen is, how good your headphones etc and overall reaction, "skill" of spotting people etc like knowing where to look.
- Camo Rendering is good concept, but even better would be just render damn grass atleast in 1km distance ( optimize somehow ). 

Highly Dislike:
- Wallhack Outline

Edited by exacomvm
  • Like 1

Wallhack outline and the levelsystem are bad.

i think it is synonymous only about the consept behind it. The experience should be the level of a player.

14 hours ago, exacomvm said:

The things i love in SCUM and would love in DayZ is:
- Dynamic body build changes based on how much u eat, run etc and DayZ devs could actually do something like that and it wont be a Copy since its how it works irl ( Actually even GTA San Andreas has it ).
- Sound based on gear weight or what you're wearing.

Neutral opinion:
- Awarness, i think people behind a screen already has it, how big ur screen is, how good your headphones etc and overall reaction, "skill" of spotting people etc like knowing where to look.
- Camo Rendering is good concept, but even better would be just render damn grass atleast in 1km distance ( optimize somehow ).

That makes a lot more sense, (rather than all that 'tactical sense' stuff). I think there's a lot of potential for this sort of character design, especially when characters are essentially the driving narrative to DayZ.

As for grass...can we have something like this please?: