Sign in to follow this  
robbyj

3 Years and 8 Months Later

Twitch Clip

I would like to extend my deepest thanks to everyone listed on this page for continuing to give the community nothing but the finest gaming experience. Even after three whole years, one can never anticipate what DayZ_x64.exe will throw at them!  

Second Twitch Clip for Context

Edited by robbyj

2 hours ago, robbyj said:

Twitch Clip

I would like to extend my deepest thanks to everyone listed on this page for continuing to give the community nothing but the finest gaming experience. Even after three whole years, one can never anticipate what DayZ_x64.exe will throw at them!  

Second Twitch Clip for Context

I understand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

I understand.

Thank you for your condolences.

If you followed the dev blogs even casually, you'd know the implementation of the old physics with the new physics systems leads to zombies pushing you through walls. You say this as although development were a linear process (1+1 = 2, 2+1 = 3 etc.). It's not, bottom line. For the sake of imagination and immersion, I could say that letting a zombie get that close to you was your responsibility to address. Sure, zombies shouldn't be able to push us over fences as far as what the current mechanics call for, but the bottom line is you were up in a high place and let a zombie get within touching distance of you. Take responsibility ;)

Edited by WOLFGEIST
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, WOLFGEIST said:

If you followed the dev blogs even casually, you'd know the implementation of the old physics with the new physics systems leads to zombies pushing you through walls. You say this as although development were a linear process (1+1 = 2, 2+1 = 3 etc.). It's not, bottom line. For the sake of imagination and immersion, I could say that letting a zombie get that close to you was your responsibility to address. Sure, zombies shouldn't be able to push us over fences as far as what the current mechanics call for, but the bottom line is you were up in a high place and let a zombie get within touching distance of you. Take responsibility ;)

Can you taste his salty tears? Hmmm. Using third person to deliberately ambush a person at Stary tents on top of an high place with only 1 fast exit and gets pushed off. The post and those 2 video's made my day. Seems like he got what he deserved.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WOLFGEIST said:

My post was sarcastic. Relax guy. No one should have to "casually read the developer blogs" to understand the game is still under construction. 

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME 

5 hours ago, IMT said:

Can you taste his salty tears? Hmmm. Using third person to deliberately ambush a person at Stary tents on top of an high place with only 1 fast exit and gets pushed off. The post and those 2 video's made my day. Seems like he got what he deserved.

I was playing on a server with third person enabled. It's safe to say the other players on the server were using third person as well. 

11 hours ago, mithrawndo said:

That's a feature: It only happens when you 3PP wall peek...

What's wrong with "3PP Wall peek" on a server with third person view enabled?

On 06/08/2017 at 8:31 PM, robbyj said:

What's wrong with "3PP Wall peek" on a server with third person view enabled?

You said it yourself:

My post was sarcastic. Relax guy

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with exploiting 3PP as long as it's on a level playing field for all players. The debate on whether the playing field is really level when we compare what you see lying prone on a roof and overwatching versus what someone on the ground sees aside, I personally would have no problem with any amount of "cheating" as long as any advantage one player has is freely available to all others, and that all players are aware that there is the *potential* for them to be at a disadvantage.

Edited by mithrawndo
Grammar etc