Sign in to follow this  
Tareek_Lb

Feedback in game

Hey !

I had the idea to put a feedback in game, it would be simpler to post bugs. The goal is to report a bug / malicious server in a few keys, you could open the feedback in the game with a key. This idea comes from Subnautica, and I think it's really good because people do not take the time to report the bug.

14937A4FC37618CFD314A6EC52A5750C23A15F1F

A screenshot coming from Subnautica, and their feedback system.

That would make a pretty good way for players to send in simple feedbacks, like telling what the players like or dislike. There are games that I played which uses similar mechanics, like /bug in chat to send a simple report. But I'm worried these systems cannot provide enough information for a proper bug report.

Not sure how Subnautica developers handle bug reports. The feedback screen, from what I see, is a bit too simplified, and limits to 190 characters (?). Of course this would make the feedback process easier for players, but I think for bug / framerate related feedback, the report needs to be more detailed than just a screenshot and couple sentences.

For most of the games I played, there has to be some kind of bug report thread in forums/feedback ticket. The current bug report system works pretty well IMO, as players can list out the steps to reproduce the bug and attach screenshots/videos as they wish. Another benefit of using a thread like system is that devs can reply to such reports and request for further information or response. Communication is important in a development process, so is it in feedbacks. 

So I think even if a similar system exists, there must also be some kind of report thread system in the net. Then, I wouldn't want the devs to bother implementing this right now.

• Like 1

I prefer to give feedback on forums...forums feels alive more when people post something.

19 hours ago, kopo79 said:

I prefer to give feedback on forums...forums feels alive more when people post something.

You mean feedback forums? Cause I am sure as hell that there isn't a living sould of dev team browsing that. There are more than a dozen cases where I or someone else reported a small bug, and it only resulted in: "Fix is coming in the next Steam update" or something like that.

1 hour ago, Just Caused said:

You mean feedback forums? Cause I am sure as hell that there isn't a living sould of dev team browsing that. There are more than a dozen cases where I or someone else reported a small bug, and it only resulted in: "Fix is coming in the next Steam update" or something like that.

small bug, = old scrip to be replaced so no time to fool with some thing that is going to be replaced. At least you know that they saw the report.

7 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

small bug, = old scrip to be replaced so no time to fool with some thing that is going to be replaced. At least you know that they saw the report.

I don't know where you're coming from, but where I come from, when people tell me they did something, they either lie or they really did something. There's not third option.

1 hour ago, Just Caused said:

I don't know where you're coming from, but where I come from, when people tell me they did something, they either lie or they really did something. There's not third option.

I understand.

• Like 1