Around a year or 2 ago, the devs removed the feature of being able to hear VOIP
while dead or unconscious. Now i can understand it being removed if your dead,
but why unconscious?

Having the ability to hear VOIP (or anything for that matter!) while
unconscious was fun and gave tension to what was happening while you lay there,
unable to do anything, only listen to the gunshots and shouting of your
teammates.

There is a YT video by TheSyndicateProject which shows the fun and exciting
advantages of being unconscious and hearing VOIP and the enviroment around you.
- (9:47) It would also make sense to remove the ability to talk while unconscious as well.

I really hope they add this feature back..

Edited by xflintehh
To add the timestamp to the video and 'It would also make sense to remove the ability to talk while unconscious as well.'

7 hours ago, xflintehh said:

Now i can understand it being removed if your dead,
but why unconscious?

Because... you're supposed to be unconscious?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Because... you're supposed to be unconscious?

I understand that, but i just thought hearing everything happen around you while unconscious was more fun and mabye if you were about to respawn while you were being given water or something your teammate could shout dont respawn or something like that. Plus adding this small feature, your not veering too far away from realism are you?

20 minutes ago, xflintehh said:

I understand that, but i just thought hearing everything happen around you while unconscious was more fun and mabye if you were about to respawn while you were being given water or something your teammate could shout dont respawn or something like that. Plus adding this small feature, your not veering too far away from realism are you?

When i was unconscious my teammate was in team speak and i was watching his stream so there is a way to hear and see what's going on while unconscious now. 

4 hours ago, xflintehh said:

Yes, but you can't talk while unconscious.  Since they can't legally make some way to block 3rd party VOIP programs in game they instead block your ability to see and hear.  There's a point where gameplay has to give in to realism, this is one of those points.

• Like 1

One point i think is pretty important when it comes to not being able to hear anything while unconscious/dead is that there won't be any incentive to aid an uncon/dead player before they decide to respawn. Like seeing someone drop into unconsciousness out of nowhere (probably from not being able to find food or water) and wanting to help them back up only for them to hit that respawn button straight away. Gameplay wise it would be much more interesting if you could hear, but also not be able to click that respawn button instantly. Maybe put a delay on it before you can respawn to allow for potential players to come and help. So then when you do wait for the delay you hit that respawn button and spawn in instantly without that spawning in.... timer because you've already waited.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IkaikaKekai said:

Yes, but you can't talk while unconscious.  Since they can't legally make some way to block 3rd party VOIP programs in game they instead block your ability to see and hear.  There's a point where gameplay has to give in to realism, this is one of those points.

good point, after reading what you have written i actually agree with you lol