waffen

a couple of small changes

Hi Bohemia Interactive developers and DayZ community

First I want to say DayZ Standalone is one of my favorite games

Been close the Arma series since Operation Flashpoint back in 2001

Got all your games from your store and also from steam, except the Arma3 DLCs (what were you thinking?)

You guys have been doing an incredible job, the thing I love the most about Dayz is the player customization, clothes, etc.

I've seen the Roadmap and I'm not cool with it.

You guys like money right? You need to recover all the players you lost, so they can invite other people to play and buy more copies.

I made a little list of request that could help make the game better

1.Stash, chest that one can bury.

Bases are going to take so long and probably won't work on public servers, I need a more secure and maybe passwored chest that I can hide.

2.Locker (see above)

Since public servers *might not* have bases and private ones that have the option would LAG massively with the bases number.

I need a small virtual locker that could hold one or two outfits/loadouts

See the competition like Escape from Tarkov, Infestation, PUBG, etc.

You could even link it to one sole personal hidden stash.

3.Leg Pistol Holster

Its only natural to have one, you have the beany hat that could hold the camo net, military boots that could hold the combat knife.

I need an aditional slot to hold a second pistol or secondary weapon in the thigh.

I really don't mind clipping.

4.FLUSH command, but for faces/head.

FIX the head bug, you talk about denser forests and new textures but don't fix the head bug.

Make a display option or console command that re-textures the players faces, seriously it's such a massive immersion killer

Speaking of faces, characters presets, why do we need them? why in 2017 we have fixed characters presets?

If the engine can't support them, remove the especific faces like, dean, matt, jana, etc.

Why didn't you guys implemented a custom model like any other game??!!

Make a custom face with sliders, then generate a string with the data and have your very custom face, again, just like everybody else!

5.FIX the Ndivia shadowplay bug

I sometimes forgot to change the resolution back and forth to fix the bug with gamma while recording.

Seriously you're letting down half your player base, how can we promote the game with our friends if we can't stream or record it properly?

Finally what can you guys add or bash? I love this game and I want peoplo to buy it and play it

Bohemia you can recover those 3,700,000 customers and make more!

regards

I think you need to learn the definition of a couple... and small.

1 - Already going to be a thing. Devs are working on it.

2 - No, this is DayZ. If you lose you stuff hard luck. There are no safety nets.

3 - Maybe, the devs haven't said anything (that I've seen) about it. But I doubt its something they are currently working on.

4 - They are working on the "Black face" bug.

5 - They are working on it. There are ways around the bug, just have a look around the forums for a guide.

Edited by OliverPlotTwist
  • Like 1

While Oliver covered almost everything.. Mr. OP, you forgot 6.

6. Console Market. 

They are working on getting dayz released on consoles. This will revamp the player base by millions. Perhaps us PC players will be on different servers, perhaps not. But in any event, that money you spoke of...

Consoles. ;)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Irish. said:

While Oliver covered almost everything.. Mr. OP, you forgot 6.

6. Console Market. 

They are working on getting dayz released on consoles. This will revamp the player base by millions. Perhaps us PC players will be on different servers, perhaps not. But in any event, that money you spoke of...

Consoles. ;)

And there's still something to add: DayZ 1.0 will not be the same as DayZ Mod. It will also attract a new and different group of players. This over years like the alpha now. They will get their money, I have no worries.

• Like 1

So you believe that your opinion is gospel in regards to attracting customers... ;-) funny!

1. Stash/Chest coming or something similar but will not be 100% safe, as it should be. Currently there are tents, cases, barrels, etc.

2. See above, by the way; Infestation is garbage that is littered with hackers and does not even come close to DayZ in any aspect, Escape from Tarkov has a very long way to go to even come close to DayZ, PUBG is really just a spin off from DayZ mod / Arma Days, really just a game type that used Arama game to promote. Although it has been fun but modding DayZ would get you the same results.

3. Leg Holster would be cool as loot but should not be standard. Of course I have one at home in my safe but I would guess not many people do. Oh and there is already a chest holster and holster attachments for the right tactical vest (MOLE) i think.

4. They are working on it. FLUSH command, but for faces/head.

5. Not sure what this is as I have not used Shadow play.

3,700,000, where did you come up with this number?

I love the game too and I think they are still working hard to release a stable/functional survival game. Personally, I would like to see the facial hair, player progression, etc. but still think this should only be as long as you are living and not a permanent increase in stats. For instance, the longer you are alive you can go longer with out water/food, sneak ability vs. zombies is improved, walking and sneaking become better vs. Zombies/Players, assassinations moves on Zombies from behind ;-), less sustainable to disease, cold, etc. 

Edited by ShallowTech

3 hours ago, waffen said:

5.FIX the Ndivia shadowplay bug

I sometimes forgot to change the resolution back and forth to fix the bug with gamma while recording.

My workaround for recording. More convenient than going into menu.

When you tab back to the game, you should see the Shadowplay recording icon turn dark. If the icon is light, the recording will be too dark (Alt-Tab again). 

• Like 2

-Gews- thanks for the shadowplay tip mate!

Thank you all for your comments, it really comes out of some kind of desperation how developers divide the efforts in two strike teams and see them work on 'denser forests', car components, tree models.

with so many things that would improve the game experience for many of us.

About the Leg/thigh pistol holster I did mean as a lootable item.

And also, many other mods that derived from DayZ vanilla saw the need for bases and additional storage. even Dean Hall once talk about doing something similar like skyrim or instanciating areas, who knows