Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137720

Good evening Experimental players,

What is new today:

• possible fixes for disappearing corpses
  • some client fps drops
  • possible increase in server performance
  • possible fix for one of the most common server crashes

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

• Infected reaction speed may be reduced
  • Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
  • Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
  • Issues with door states can occur
  • Damage being delayed

Thank you for playing on Experimental servers! 

• Like 4

Any changes to vehicles (performance)?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

LOL - I just noticed IMT's title.  :D

1 hour ago, Baty Alquawen said:

• possible fixes for disappearing corpses

Baty, does this mean that, in "normal conditions", a dead corpse won't disapper after, let's just say, 10 minutes? 

Will corpses not disappear anymore after finding a fix for this issue?

We are waiting for something like that. While in a big firefight, there is not enough time to go and loot the bodies, but if they don't disappear, players have enough time to finish the job and then come back for the goddies.

This way you're breaking up the EXP thread has got to be counter productive, I am capable of reading through 100 or more posts in a thread to catch up, I highly doubt this method is helping the "can't be bothered to read back" crowd and frustrating the hell out of me trying to lurk and keep up.

I tried to log in a show (encourage to buy) my brother the game this weekend and couldn't find EXP servers, I could log into a stable one for the ten minutes, kick, repeat dance. I could see AUS and I think GER 1pp last night but the pings were over 1000 which is too much even for me. Out of curiosity, how come another online game I play I can get an under 100ms ping but I have never seen less than 200ms and more consistently 400-500+ for DayZ ever here? 

3 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

LOL - I just noticed IMT's title.  :D

Of course, just killed another herd with BioHaze. The cows are since 0.61 not safe anymore in Chernarus.

Just had a weird thing happen, was on Exp UK 03 with old character had cholera from few exp patches back was well geared was dying from thirst. so ran away NWAF to find a pump came across zombies was going to die so started to drop my gear for maybe someone to find. Then i died re-spawned new player but then the screen went black could not re-spawn as not highlighted, so i left the server joined the same one and was back with my old character and all the gear i dropped was on the floor. I died from cholera agin the respawned this time was a fresh spawn.

https://imgur.com/a/YzugJ

11 minutes ago, baggypantz said:

Just had a weird thing happen, was on Exp UK 03 with old character had cholera from few exp patches back was well geared was dying from thirst. so ran away NWAF to find a pump came across zombies was going to die so started to drop my gear for maybe someone to find. Then i died re-spawned new player but then the screen went black could not re-spawn as not highlighted, so i left the server joined the same one and was back with my old character and all the gear i dropped was on the floor. I died from cholera agin the respawned this time was a fresh spawn.

https://imgur.com/a/YzugJ

What a weird bug. Wish this happened to me about a week ago when my screen suddenly froze and when I restarted DayZ by killing it in the task manager, I was suddenly back at the coast. Lost my FAL with mag which I got the same day. :( Those things are very hard the find.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

Server CentralEast-01

Ran from NWAF, to Lopatino, to Pustoshka, to Zelenogorsk.

• FPS performance/consistency continues to improve for me. Did not encounter any serious FPS drops or lag events. Overall, it felt much more consistent than before. In the last few exp patches, my average FPS range was about 30-75, with occasional dips to 25 for a few seconds in particularly "object/model heavy" areas. This time, every time I checked, I was getting 45-75, and the changes within that range felt significantly smoother. 

• The stutter/lag that often was occurring when nearby infected were spawning (or would it be more accurate to say 'placed in my client bubble'?) was only noticeable for a few seconds when I got well within Zelenogorsk, and a very brief moment in the middle of Pustoshka. A considerable improvement over the previous patches, where I was encountering a brief stutter every time a group of infected appeared and became active (not aggro'd, just when switching from 'standing around' to starting their 'rounds'). 

• Tested infected's ability to acquire new targets after triggering aggro with a vehicle. Found a bus in Lopatino, and drove it through town. Attracted about 4 infected. Stopped the bus on the far side of town, and got out. The infected were clipping into the back of the bus. I was able to get one to notice me by getting out, moving about 20m away from the front, and walking parallel to it (along the righthand side, keeping that 20m distance), heading towards the back of the bus. The infected took no notice of me until I was just past the end of the bus. Then one ran right at me, leaving the other 3 focused on the bus itself. So it seems it works, but there are still some LOS issues, which are probably related to the fact that they were all about 3m inside the bus model (about where the back tires start).

• Had 2 client crashes using the 64-bit client. Both happened when in a area with infected (once in Pustoshka, once in the tents south of that town on the way to Sosnovka). Switched back to 32-bit client, and did not crash for the rest of my time on the server.

• Back door of church in Lopatino was impassible, but door could be opened and closed. Rear door of hunting lodge (that leads to the deck) continues to be non-interactable. I have been able to go through it in the past, if the door state at server start is set to 'open.' (probably already known, but figured I'd mention it anyways)
  • Like 2

Hello guys, thank you for a feedback.

New update today. See you at 0.61.137741.