kgino1045

Make crouch key to 1 key only

current crouch and standing up needs 2 keys. 'C' for crouch and 'X' for standing up

today many games are only bind 1 key for both crouch and standing up. ex : 'C' for crouch and uncrouch. hope DAYZ do the same to make game more flexible.

How would this make the game more flexible? The three buttons for crouching and standing are so you can switch from prone to crouch and back without ever standing up. I would love a crouch system like Escape from Tarkov, though. You can set your height with a key + mouse scroll-wheel.

It will. since you don't have to thought about 'X' key to stand up. you can still prone to crouch at every other games with one button. ex: battlefield, callofduty, R6:S and even ARMA 3 does. 

I doubt this is going to change because the stance keys are "so ArmA", DayZ was born from ArmA and word on the street is DayZ SA is building the back bone for ArmA 4. 

I personally like this stance system for the most part, It's really fluid when desync is behaving to do things like sprint up to, prone under a gap in a fence, stand and sprint away.

• Like 1

I got this idea from the Metal Gear games, (many birds 1 stone) ;

tap ctrl when standing = crouch

tap ctrl when crouched = stand up

hold ctrl when standing = go prone

hold ctrl when prone = stand up

hold ctrl when crouched = go prone

hold ctrl when jogging/running forward = dive in to prone

Edited by skynet83

We only need two key for all stances. One "up", one "down". Depending on the current stance, the up-key goes one stance up, the down-key goes one stance down. The up-key can also be used for jumping (anyway only possible from standing stance). MAYBE a third key is needed for "lie down immediately", for hitting the ground immediately from standing stance.

Edited by roguetrooper

You can do this already if you have an appropriate piece of gaming hardware. I've been admonished for posting scripts before (although they aren't of the kind that constitute cheating) so I can't post anything publicly. That said, I use one mouse key to switch between Crouch, Stand, and Prone. Which stance the character assumes is dependent upon how long I hold the key for and which stance I am currently in thanks to polling and LUA.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

On 2/3/2017 at 11:06 AM, BCBasher said:

DayZ was born from ArmA and word on the street is DayZ SA is building the back bone for ArmA 4. 

I would not be shocked if this were the case. I just bought Take On Mars and it uses a branch of the Enfusion Engine.

Also, nice to see you again. I haven't seen you post in awhile, although I haven't exactly been on much lately either.

• Like 1