Status Report - 10 January 2017

On 10.01.2017 at 8:06 PM, Red_Ensign said:

BOARS OR RIOT

What do we want?!

The Improvised Leather Backpack!

When do we want it?!

Now!

On 12/1/2017 at 5:27 PM, Espa said:

DayZ is still one of the most communicative titles and I just love that.

Yeah that it the most positive thing about 2016!
They've improved A LOT.
Good job devs, just release vehicles on stable for more love ;))

On 1/12/2017 at 8:51 AM, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

So just bear with us

bears confirmed!

• Like 1

On 1/11/2017 at 1:20 AM, scriptfactory said:

This is horrible advice for a company trying to take care of all of its customers. Horrible.

I disagree.   If people bought the game demanding a Call of Duty like experience (purely  as an example) should they go ahead and produce a Call of Duty game even though everything they've said to do date was contrary to that?   Early Access Developers are not puppets.  If they say they're going to build a certain type of game they should follow through and not whore themselves out to make a minority of people happy.

7 hours ago, sausagekingofchicago said:

I disagree.   If people bought the game demanding a Call of Duty like experience (purely  as an example) should they go ahead and produce a Call of Duty game even though everything they've said to do date was contrary to that?   Early Access Developers are not puppets.  If they say they're going to build a certain type of game they should follow through and not whore themselves out to make a minority of people happy.

I work for a video game publisher. We are currently encountering this exact same problem with a niche game we have. The main problem is there are expectations of profit that cannot be met in a niche market. The game development studio refuses to implement game design changes that the community is yearning for.

Please note; I am not saying that any wish the players have must be catered to. I am saying that all concerns MUST be addressed. The attempt should be to include as many players as possible. There is a direct correlation between higher CCUs, player satisfaction and profit margins.

On 3/6/2017 at 0:42 AM, scriptfactory said:

I work for a video game publisher. We are currently encountering this exact same problem with a niche game we have. The main problem is there are expectations of profit that cannot be met in a niche market. The game development studio refuses to implement game design changes that the community is yearning for.

Please note; I am not saying that any wish the players have must be catered to. I am saying that all concerns MUST be addressed. The attempt should be to include as many players as possible. There is a direct correlation between higher CCUs, player satisfaction and profit margins.

Concerns should (not "must") be met.  If anyone attempts to please everyone they'll find themselves in an endless spin.  With DayZ, as I've seen new players constantly join the discussion on various boards, the devs would be in an constant attempt to provide both undead zombies and infected...  because.. you know, the concerns of the consumers MUST BE ADDRESSED.   

I've obviously made a silly misconception into a massive disaster of development there but...  you know... which "concerns MUST be addressed?"   That is an endless cycle of failure.

Allowing the majority of a "community" to design a game will lead to financial ruin.

itxWJwp.png