Sign in to follow this  
kataro

why not ?

I think the idea is, we are going to be able to use those tools shops to rig scopes. The ones with a drill press.

15 minutes ago, Coheed_IV said:

I think the idea is, we are going to be able to use those tools shops to rig scopes. The ones with a drill press.

If you compare all three pics, the OP's photo and Gew's screenshots you can see that the rail appears riveted to the receiver.

I have a little bit of a metalwork background and can say that retrofit isn't impossible obviously but would be beyond your average home handyman's ability especially if you had to "McGyver" it in the field. A scope has a lot of mass and if anything in that system isn't secure it's going to be all over the place especially on a rattly rifle caliber SMG. 

Not saying there's no chance they'll give us that ability but I'd consider it very "gamey".  

Yeah, Gews post is correct. It may work, but it wasn't intended.

A gunsmith can remove the rivets and make it retrofit but it wasn't intended. Stock weapons are what we really have here. If Dayz wants to add in more crafting then this would be a perfect idea, to do gun mods.

However...... i don't think the devs want to explore all features we want, but to allow modders to do what they want.

crafting, gun smithing etc is not a new modding idea either, but makes it fun searching for items so you can customize your weapons.

• Like 1

Is the SKS (PAP m59/66) taking a PU scope without tools a place holder?

My Tula Arsenal SKS doesn't and I don't see any pictures of stock Eastern Bloc licences built versions having the tapped holes in the receiver to mount it either.

Mosin variants that can take PU kit are much less common as well yet all the ones in game have a "bent bolt".

Only time will tell how gamey vanilla will be with these mechanics.

I'd be all for a failure rate "broke tap" cant mount a scope on this gun ever, "drilled it crooked" now it shoots left or right the more you have to shoot high/low, etc. 

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 9:22 AM, BCBasher said:

Not saying there's no chance they'll give us that ability but I'd consider it very "gamey".  

I hear ya. But, I would like to McGyver a bayonet in the shop. Right now my melee weapon is a stick that doubles as a bow, hard to beat.

k180626_IMG_0812.jpg

Edited by Coheed_IV

Its actually not hard to add a side rail to the AK type rifle, a hand drill and some bolts or rivets will do the job.  The unrealistic part is finding an AK side rail not already attached to a gun.

On 05.12.2016. at 5:30 PM, BCBasher said:

Get Rekt!

I shot PAP once, but with blanks. My platoon was hastly gathered to be makeshift hnor guard on some veteran`s funeral. Rifles were preserved in storage (not sure if corect term) and we spent half of day cleaning oil for 15 seconds of shooting.

On 12/4/2016 at 9:46 AM, BCBasher said:

Is the SKS (PAP m59/66) taking a PU scope without tools a place holder?

Nope.

5 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Nope.

I know, that was an attempt at humour.