Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Namalsk

Hello,

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say the EA release of DayZ SA on XB1 will be on the map Namalsk.

I've always been curious how the devs could do Chernarus on consoles because of its size. Namalsk is perfect for that.

Thoughts?

Oo yea...1st! =P

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Like 1

I want Namalsk for DayZ SA PC so bad...  :-D

Favorite DayZ map of all. 

Lucky you XB1 community if you really have early access to DayZ SA with Namalsk!!

• Like 1

Can't wait to finally get my hands on DayZ for XB1!

Obviously, due to the hardware limitations of consoles, a "watered down" version of the game is to be expected but it's ok with me. Let's just hope we'll be spared all the bugs, problems and drawn-out developing times of our fellow PC gamers.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lexman61 said:

Can't wait to finally get my hands on DayZ for XB1!

Obviously, due to the hardware limitations of consoles, a "watered down" version of the game is to be expected but it's ok with me. Let's just hope we'll be spared all the bugs, problems and drawn-out developing times of our fellow PC gamers.

I don't think they'll need to water down much other than the size of the map...and that's where Namalsk comes into play.

• Like 1

By "watered down" I was also thinking about (but did not mention it), the limitations of a console controller vs a keyboard. Can the developers cram into a controller the same number of options a keyboard offers? I doubt it.

Considering also the more "casual" nature of many console players, I think some differences in actual game play characteristics compared to the PC version could be implemented on the XB1/PS4.  An excessively ARMA style and/or "survival simulator" gameplay would probably be less appealing for a broader console audience. It goes without saying that DayZ is not a FPS meant to be played like COD or Battlefield but making it too tactical would have some drawbacks.

Having to spend 30 or more minutes getting geared up and armed just to get killed on sight by the first player you encounter, would be extremely frustrating. A slightly faster paced game, the possibility of gathering resources more rapidly than the original version and not having to spawn or re-spawn completely helpless would probably be more suitable in a console environment. The game would still retain all the features of social interaction, stealth, resource collection and bandit/hero game style but adapted to smaller maps and a different type of "end-user" than on PC.

Let me hear your comments.

It will have reduced quality in graphics, map size, etc. If you look at BF1 on PC vs. Xbox One there is a huge difference in graphics and performance. HUGE! ;-) Anyway, it would be cool to see what they can do with it on console, maybe the upgraded Xbox One console will be out by then. Oh and hopefully EA does not fuck it up like every other game they support! It seems like Ubi and EA only want to try and get something released to cash in. They are not concerned enough about the customers experience or even releasing a quality product. You see it again and again, release after release.

I would love to get my hands on an early release for Xbox One, maybe do some alpha or beta testing! :-)

Hardware limitations on the consoles might actually prove to be a positive thing. A "smaller" DayZ with reduced maps, player actions and player count could potentially run with less problems than on the PC.

In any case, a successful console version could bring many new players into the DayZ world and bring some fresh and renewed interest in the game. No doubt that PC gamers still playing DayZ today are a dedicated and passionate group of people, but the great player numbers and excitement seen at its release are hardly likely to come back on this platform even after the game is finally "finished".

So the new "frontier" must and will be the Xbox and Playstation if DayZ is to have a second great wave of public enthusiasm after the PC. I actually think Bohemia has underestimated the console potential for DayZ. Let's wait and see.

Edited by Lexman61

Sign in to follow this