Sign in to follow this  
noobgamer99991

Bullet damage or clothing ballistic damage protection bugged.

So today, i felt like doing some balota pvp. I saw some guys shoot an aug at a nub so i decided to poke around their house and see if i could kill them. I then walked into the house and peeked through the door, and I was shot at by an M4 dude. I ran outside the house and crouched outside. Then somehow, the aug dude in the house shot me in the head, I was wearing a WORN green baseball cap, and I lived with little to no blood taken. This is really weird and should be fixed ASAP.

Somehow shot you in the head? Then you don't know the angle the bullet hit you from, which means you don't know what else it was interacting with before it hit you. Are you even certain it was in the head?

Sounds like he just winged you.  Believe it or not, there is a significant difference between being shot directly, dead-center, in the head, and getting grazed by a bullet.  I think that's where the term "dead-center" might have come from, TBH.

• Like 1

Yeah, the current hitbox system has significantly less health damage if the bullet hits the edge of the head hitbox, and even has a chance to go through the player. I hope they don't "fix" that, seems like a cool feature tbh

Edited by Kohlbar

To be honest guys - there is a *lot* of balancing that needs to be done in beta for all of this, including projectile balancing. I wouldn't sweat it *too* much right now - just know we are aware, and fully plan on tackling this stuff once we reach that point.

• Like 3

just avoid pvp and shooting people. You never know what your bullets gonna do. hahaha 

Yesterday I died after unloading a whole ak magazine into a guy, and he was still alive afaik. When spawned in the coast, found an amphibia and some ammo, 15min later a guy appeared out of nowhere with a fire extinguisher, killed him with a single shot in the chest LOL 

1 hour ago, exwoll said:

just avoid pvp and shooting people. You never know what your bullets gonna do. hahaha 

Yesterday I died after unloading a whole ak magazine into a guy, and he was still alive afaik. When spawned in the coast, found an amphibia and some ammo, 15min later a guy appeared out of nowhere with a fire extinguisher, killed him with a single shot in the chest LOL 

What was the hit ratio of your AK spray?  Is it possible that you may have heavily perforated the air surrounding the guy, but somehow never landed an actual hit?  (You would hear the player cry out from getting shot) Was the guy fully energized, hydrated, and healthy?  What was he wearing?  What was the condition of his clothing.

There is a world of difference between shooting a guy in ruined clothes, already inches from death, and shooting a prepared survivor, who keeps his gear and stats in perfect condition.

Did you know that you can carry five times as many calories as you can ml of water?  When you are healthy, and carrying a surplus of energy, a single shot can sometimes start to heal immediately, leaving you almost completely unharmed;  and very capable of self defense.

Or desynch....

The guy dropped dead shortly after as all 30 rounds registered once the server worked out exactly where he was.

3 hours ago, emuthreat said:

What was the hit ratio of your AK spray?  Is it possible that you may have heavily perforated the air surrounding the guy, but somehow never landed an actual hit?  (You would hear the player cry out from getting shot) Was the guy fully energized, hydrated, and healthy?  What was he wearing?  What was the condition of his clothing.

There is a world of difference between shooting a guy in ruined clothes, already inches from death, and shooting a prepared survivor, who keeps his gear and stats in perfect condition.

Did you know that you can carry five times as many calories as you can ml of water?  When you are healthy, and carrying a surplus of energy, a single shot can sometimes start to heal immediately, leaving you almost completely unharmed;  and very capable of self defense.

Have no idea about their health status. The first one was about 10m away from me,  when i started shooting at him, saw blood but didn't heard anything because of the rifle sounds. He had some gear on top of him.

The second one could've been weak tho, i didn't had a magazine so i just shot with the only bullet I had in the gun lol.  

Probably just Dayz gods repaying their previous bad lol

And didn't know all that facts lol Hope they fix that soon, bullets shouldn't have anything to do with your health status.

Edited by exwoll

10 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

To be honest guys - there is a *lot* of balancing that needs to be done in beta for all of this, including projectile balancing. I wouldn't sweat it *too* much right now - just know we are aware, and fully plan on tackling this stuff once we reach that point.

what i would also like to add or better ask is if you have ever considered  - due to the ongoing and never fully avoidable problems with sync - to have a "dual" system for close combat or short distances. What i mean is that you dynamically switch between an actual projectile trajectory/simulation and a "simple" hitscan (raycasting hits). (vigorously simplified).

would hitscan be softer or forgiving in a sense when heavier sync problems might occur?

Edited by joe_mcentire

6 hours ago, exwoll said:

Hope they fix that soon, bullets shouldn't have anything to do with your health status.

I'm not sure who told you that bullets shouldn't have anything to do with health status.  They are most assuredly intended to reduce the health status of players.

Bullets *should* do a predictable and consistent amount of damage, depending on which body part is hit, and how direct the hit is.  And the health of a player should definitely be a factor in determining how that bullet hit affects the player.
If someone is fully energized, hydrated, and healthy, a direct hit to the arm should not kill them; but if the player has already taken a lot of damage, or simply neglected to get himself healthy, a single bullet to the arm would be more likely to kill that player.

Yeah, I would not worry about it too much - if u ran out of luck you can die by a pistol that hit you in the arm 9 mm, or magnum.