Yorny

Underground

I dont know if this had been posted, but will they add any undergrounds to the game ? such as basements.

It's not possible to actually dig into the terrain. They would have to make a depression in the height map, then place a custom object over that. I doubt they will change it, not a priority. You can see examples of "underground" places in Chernarus+ but the best-known is on the Namalsk map.

Wasn't there briefly an underground bunker at the Kamensk base? I seem to recall people would go into it and then die there because the ladder was too short...

Yes, there was an underground bunker at Kamensk base for a time. See Gews' post above for how they made it.

On 22. 8. 2016 at 2:32 PM, Mookie (original) said:

Wasn't there briefly an underground bunker at the Kamensk base? I seem to recall people would go into it and then die there because the ladder was too short...

Yup, however as Gews said, it was just a hole in ground covered with a concrete panel.

So they gave up on underground facilities then?

Perhaps a 1.0 + feature or a mod will see "underground" implemented...

I would be O.K with separate instances of actual maps  (Press E to decend into the tunnel followed by a loading screen) type shit, that would be more doable I reckon, but really low on the old list of priorities.

According to Hicks, the underground objects have been removed because players who've glitch through walls then caught in Subterrain. According to Hicks should these subterranean not come back .... but is in contradiction with a building in the Tishy-base .... but there were again problems with glitches in hell of Chernarus.

I think only if that is glitching fixed through walls, or another solution (not possible location areas with resetting to possible position) it will only be available again for Talkshow.

On August 22, 2016 at 0:50 AM, -Gews- said:

It's not possible to actually dig into the terrain. They would have to make a depression in the height map, then place a custom object over that. I doubt they will change it, not a priority. You can see examples of "underground" places in Chernarus+ but the best-known is on the Namalsk map.

What about the mines in Kamensk they changed?

1 hour ago, Weyland Yutani said:

What about the mines in Kamensk they changed?

Those were the same thing, objects placed over the terrain.