Sign in to follow this  
FlimFlamm

FRAME RATE CAP!!!

With the recent success of the new renderer, my frames are simply out of control. The devs should add a frame rate cap option in video config options.

At times i'm getting over 100 frames, and while this is pretty damn epic and smooth, when FPS fluctuation occurs it can cause hiccups. By limiting our frames, our CPUs and GPUs would see some valuable resource savings when it comes to optimizing graphics settings.

Furthermore, I have recently begun trying to optimize my twitch stream for DayZ and it would be really beneficial if I could limit the number of frames my computer tries to draw rather than using vsync and fullscreen or hardware frame-rate caps to try and limit them superficially.

Edited by FlimFlamm
  • Like 1

msi afterburner onscreen display lets u limit framerate, that or dextory

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Buakaw said:

msi afterburner onscreen display lets u limit framerate, that or dextory

I'm not geared for DXtory, not really that educated about it but I'm willing to look into it.

My main thing is that I like to use windowed mode and hardware frame rate caps and vsync doesn't actually limit frames when in windowed mode.

Plus I suspect that frame limiting within the actual enfusion renderer itself probably is going to be a heck of a lot more efficient resource wise that limiting them after the fact.

• Like 1

If we can set the cap, or if it's optional, I see no issue. Seems like a pretty good idea. Just as long as they don't do something stupid like tie the physics engine in with the framerate...

Edited by BeefBacon
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Aim-iliO said:

Turn Vsync on. Frames will get limited to 60 fps. 

Doesnt work, vsync is broken i think. I tested it today and i was still getting 100+ did a few restarts of the game to make sure and it would not cap.

Another solution might be needed.