SMoss

Status Report - 06 Jul 2016

5 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Not cool - it is there because of a bug. Soon as the bug is resolved, they will be 8 days as they should.

There's any chance of increase that timer in the future? 8 days seems a short time.

It would be nice if when you place a tent the 8 days timer starts counting but if you keep that tent alive for more than 15 days then the timer would change to 15 days and if the tent survives for 1 month then that tent would survive 1 month (max. time) without refreshing it; once you pack the tent and deploy it again the counter would reset to 8 days.

Most of the tents would disappear the first 8 days but it would be bad to keep a tent for months and see the tent got deleted because you didn't log in for one week. Also an option for checking the timers would be nice to have.

Edited by Wili

7 hours ago, IrokGaming said:

Another thing i have been thinking on that i dosent seem to get a straight answer from anyone.. On our server we can't wear anything on the upperbody.. If i so put on a tshirt i will get "rapidly warming up" and then "overheating" shortly after..

Now.. Fragnet told me they had spoken to one of dayz devs and had been told that this is a bug.. But the devs seems to say otherwise.. Is it a bug or is it not?

Best Regards

Irok.

I suppose this patch is so hot because of the server crashes, when the server restarts is always daytime, in the morning I believe. I think the server time should be persistent too so if the server crash or restarts at 5.pm in game time for example, when the server restarts it should continue at that time. 

St. Jimmy

I dont know if you have read my posts.. but i say it again.. I would be fine if it was like you are saying.. But if i so much as put on a tshirt i will get overheated..

Im not wearing anything on the upperbody, not anything on my head. not anything.. im wearing pants and a backpack.. thats it.. I have also tryed to like put on sunglasses with the loadout im wearing (pants and backpack) and that also get me overheated..

This is for everyone on our server btw..

Best Regards

Irok.

13 hours ago, St. Jimmy said:

Then it's likely not a bug.

"- I bet most of you will be overheating and sweating while sprinting hundreds of meters in full gear, long clothes and with gloves, masks, vests and helmets on top of it all in summer weather with air temperature around 30°C"

Constantly running in the hot weather isn't the most pleasant thing to do so that's why you're overheating. Just imagine yourself running same way as in the DayZ.

St. Jimmy

I dont know if you have read my posts.. but i say it again.. I would be fine if it was like you are saying.. But if i so much as put on a tshirt i will get overheated..

Im not wearing anything on the upperbody, not anything on my head. not anything.. im wearing pants and a backpack.. thats it.. I have also tryed to like put on sunglasses with the loadout im wearing (pants and backpack) and that also get me overheated..

This is for everyone on our server btw..

Best Regards

Irok.

13 hours ago, Wili said:

I suppose this patch is so hot because of the server crashes, when the server restarts is always daytime, in the morning I believe. I think the server time should be persistent too so if the server crash or restarts at 5.pm in game time for example, when the server restarts it should continue at that time. 

I dont think its becouse of the time.. I have tryed and start our server at late night.. still the same problem..

the thing I'm wondering at the moment.. HOW far will you guys take the electricity thing..
what can we expect apart from 'generators' which have been adressed way before this dev. update? 

http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-0-59-electric-generator-lighting-3d-model-preview/

^ this update (6 months ago) 

I'm very curious if we're going to be able to use the 'grid' in any form or shape.. that spans all the way throughout chernarus.
that would make sense.. because we have the wires... they all look fine (non of the sub stations wires are broken and non of the alternators)

so it would be very cool if we can (in some form or way) get power across a certain area.. 

(walks into zelonogorsk, hooks up five generators to the power grid, has enough power to make several streetlight flicker on and off.. or enough power to have refrigeration in two houses..)

that would make so much sense in my point of view because you guys (or at least dean) said that not only will cupboards and other closets be accessible, so will the fridges.
and with this bloodbag/fresh food spoiling thing.. that would seem the best option to go with imo.

no only would this give players something to do.. while trying to survive  (that is harder than finding a set of tires/spark plug and battery)
it would also alert people to presence of players in certain areas, without it being 'meta-gaming'
put into account that those parts are very hard to come by..  
they will probably  be guarded by at least 10-20 infected workers.. wearing a wrench/hammer, overalls and a construction helmet..
making them a bit harder to kill without high caliber weapons (that in turn if fired, attract the entire town on the player, stupid enough to do that.

so yeah this is mijn p.o.v. on the whole electricity thing and generators.. 
that would make the game that more interactive/intense and addictive like the mod used to be.

so tell me what you guys think @SMoss @Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Edited by Tigermonk

2 hours ago, Tigermonk said:

the thing I'm wondering at the moment.. HOW far will you guys take the electricity thing..
what can we expect apart from 'generators' which have been adressed way before this dev. update? 

http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-0-59-electric-generator-lighting-3d-model-preview/

^ this update (6 months ago) 

I'm very curious if we're going to be able to use the 'grid' in any form or shape.. that spans all the way throughout chernarus.
that would make sense.. because we have the wires... they all look fine (non of the sub stations wires are broken and non of the alternators)

so it would be very cool if we can (in some form or way) get power across a certain area.. 

(walks into zelonogorsk, hooks up five generators to the power grid, has enough power to make several streetlight flicker on and off.. or enough power to have refrigeration in two houses..)

that would make so much sense in my point of view because you guys (or at least dean) said that not only will cupboards and other closets be accessible, so will the fridges.
and with this bloodbag/fresh food spoiling thing.. that would seem the best option to go with imo.

no only would this give players something to do.. while trying to survive  (that is harder than finding a set of tires/spark plug and battery)
it would also alert people to presence of players in certain areas, without it being 'meta-gaming'
put into account that those parts are very hard to come by..  
they will probably  be guarded by at least 10-20 infected workers.. wearing a wrench/hammer, overalls and a construction helmet..
making them a bit harder to kill without high caliber weapons (that in turn if fired, attract the entire town on the player, stupid enough to do that.

so yeah this is mijn p.o.v. on the whole electricity thing and generators.. 
that would make the game that more interactive/intense and addictive like the mod used to be.

so tell me what you guys think @SMoss @Hicks_206 (DayZ)

DayZTV is a fansite - and one that tends to datamine. We're not ready to talk details about electricity - when we are, we will - through official channels.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

DayZTV is a fansite - and one that tends to datamine. We're not ready to talk details about electricity - when we are, we will - through official channels.

alright... we'll just wait and see in what patch this becomes a thing then...

it just seems that there is a more sensitive nerve taken. It is understandable that no details about the concept be betrayed. I suspect that quite a few future modules are almost ready and just waiting to be entered in the engine. But only the complete skeleton with all base modules must be working properly. (Core-engine / renderer / player controller / sound system / AI systems .... yet forgotten what?)

About the dynamic infected spawning....will it just be connected to how many may players enter a region or as well to things like how much noise they make for example. ? I mean two players shooting would/should attract more infected than 10 players sneaking in the shadows. Also, will there be a small chance to spawn no zeds at all or to spawn for example a large group/herd with just one or two players around ( or even no player). I think things should always be a little bit unpredictable :)

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Private Evans said:

I think things should always be a little bit unpredictable :)

Indeed it should - and it also should be possible to "clear" a town of zombies as opposed to a constant respawning system.

On July 8, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Well those pictures might have been from dayz TV but the original image of the generator was shown off on a dev Twitter (I believe Peter Ns, or Eugens Twitter) so that was an official showcase . It would be nice to hear a game plan on all these features , as we have less than 5 months to reach the 3 year mark .

I'm starting to doubt being able to see all this content before the 3 year mark (we haven't even hit predator animals yet , which was originally planned for last year !) so I'm hoping these things like generators won't be pushed off until after full release because we need some content before releAse.

Also with the new sound tech being soon merged into enfusion engine...any info if or when we will get new infected sounds. Honestly I can't stand them any longer. After 4 years they are a real game killer for me as far as it goes for the infected :)  Maybe it"s just me but when i saw the last video showcasing zeds spawning etc with all the cool new skins and animations and stuff it was all ruined for me by these same old monkey screams.

• Like 1

so, 3 weeks .60 on stable.

no exp. .61 

means .61 on stable end of july.

with this speed, there will be many planned features canceled to get to Beta end of "next year.

I was hoping, after enfusion engine is out, the speed of updates will raise cause i thought there were people working on things in the background that needet enfusion on stable, but my hope is gone. 

9 minutes ago, wasnu said:

so, 3 weeks .60 on stable.

no exp. .61 

means .61 on stable end of july.

with this speed, there will be many planned features canceled to get to Beta end of "next year.

I was hoping, after enfusion engine is out, the speed of updates will raise cause i thought there were people working on things in the background that needet enfusion on stable, but my hope is gone. 

We are all anxious for this to happen but think about this logically. They just introduced the new renderer and have been fixing the bugs that it came with. They also just had this convention or event recently that they were at. This is all within this 3 weeks you are speaking of. I think you are expecting too much in too short of a time and 3 weeks is no indication that they are not on track. They even tweeted about them getting back to the office not too long ago. They have been releasing some previews of the sounds that are coming and have to redo all the sounds for every gun and character animation. I am not making excuses for them but 3 weeks is not that long and I am going to stay in the positive flow because they are working on the most important things now and once those are implemented the rest should be a lot easier. 

• Like 1

first presentation of AI predators was one year ago. the pictures from devs at the firing range for the new sounds was in february.

i am patient, for sure, and hope no planned features will be cancelled.

Just now, wasnu said:

first presentation of AI predators was one year ago. the pictures from devs at the firing range for the new sounds was in february.

i am patient, for sure, and hope no planned features will be cancelled.

Yes but they couldn't even look at that stuff until they fixed the fps issues. Now that is done and they can add things. Can you imagine being weighted down and barely being able to move and then someone throws another bag on your back full of stones? You might stop moving at all :) My point is now that they have the frames they can add things as we are already seeing with zombies and what not. Also all new animations and the sound being added. Hold onto your seat it's gonna be great! The one thing that keeps me positive is they are out there talking about what they are gonna do and they want to add more and more. I was also very upset that things were taking so long but I decided to help rather than hinder. I decided to make bug reports and test the experimentals so I could give them the feedback they need to fix things. I think that is more helpful as they are sometimes confused as to why there are bugs and our feedback makes things happen so much faster. In the past the servers could barely handle it but now they can get even more feedback as the servers can handle it. Regardless i am going to pump so much positivity into them that they might even feel it in Czech! 

P.S. Make this your new best friend. https://feedback.bistudio.com

i allways and only play experimental (when servers are up for testing), i have reported countless bugs with its way to reproduce.

i know my part as "tester" and i will report every bug i find.

ok, calmed down and wait for the next patch.

its dayz and patience is the key :)

Just now, wasnu said:

i allways and only play experimental (when servers are up for testing), i have reported countless bugs with its way to reproduce.

i know my part as "tester" and i will report every bug i find.

ok, calmed down and wait for the next patch.

its dayz and patience is the key :)

I have a feeling that .60 fixed a lot of uncertainties with the team. You can't really build on something that can't handle it but that has not changed. Really excited for the new sound personally :) Imagine how good the immersion will be when you can actually hear directions of footsteps and gun fire. Bring it on!