xploD69

Loot Economy & Spawns

Hello, first off, I haven't played in 3-4 months and finally came back to see I can finally get good FPS in cities! WOOOO. I had an older but 980x cpu and two 980 gpu and I can finally play!

Although I noticed by going through Electro and Cherno on 3 separate public servers and only finding 1 backpack and a shotgun and some food a little disturbing. Hospitals were void of supplies, Police and Schools and a few military camps had NOTHING.

I heard loot progresses inland towards NW but why would there be nothing on the coastal cities anymore? Wouldn't that leave no reason to ever venture there?

I looked up the central look economy and noticed that it takes into account player camps and inventory....Wouldn't this ruin loot? Say a duper dupes a bunch of military gear and guns, wouldn't the economy not spawn that loot anymore?

Also for organized groups that stash tons of good loot (endgame gear) throughout camps, again, wouldn't that leave almost ZERO or little good loot for new players to find? If my hypothesis is wrong, please clarify for me.

If I am correct, wouldn't removing stashed loot from the economy correct the problem? Because if they stash 20 vs 80 guns it makes no difference to them since they cannot carry that many, but would allow new players the ability to actually find stuff?

I don't want to wander around the map looking for camps in the middle of nowhere as the only viable/reliable option to get HIGH END GEAR, not just random shotguns and clothes.  

I've been playing a long time and was always good at finding things, and I've traveled almost everywhere and have found very little, it almost has to be from conclusions, a bug, or hoarders hoarding and causing the central economy to spawn either nothing or garbage???

Edited by xploD69

A bunch of us have asked the same question different ways and not got an answer. Hopefully we'll get some clarity from someone who knows how it's supposed to work so we can actually test it out. 

I usually just switch servers if I'm experiencing poor loot. Some servers aren't shown much love by their owners, where as others get reset often enough to allow loot to be fresh. I'd recommend finding a server that resets every 12 hours, that usually does the trick.

But I thought I read before that server resets no longer affect loot spawning because its based of a central economy algorithm within the area. I could be wrong since I've been gone for a long time.

Does server reset actually respawn? And does it matter pub or private?

Just now, xploD69 said:

But I thought I read before that server resets no longer affect loot spawning because its based of a central economy algorithm within the area. I could be wrong since I've been gone for a long time.

Does server reset actually respawn? And does it matter pub or private?

Not sure, last I played it was server-based, but that very well could have changed. If loot spawns are centralized, then I imagine private hives would be separate from the public hive.

Wish we could get a DEV answer since this is their forums and I mean it takes all of 2 minutes to answer simple questions.

Then maybe someone could make a thread where its nothing but answers of questions asked by the community.

Would create polarity among many people, and stop many posts asking the same things. 

plz?

1 hour ago, Mallow88 said:

I usually just switch servers if I'm experiencing poor loot. Some servers aren't shown much love by their owners, where as others get reset often enough to allow loot to be fresh. I'd recommend finding a server that resets every 12 hours, that usually does the trick.

The servers are forced to reset every 12 hours... 

2 times a day our server resets automatically.

11:40 AM/PM Central Time

The option to add  a server start time is in there also.

When the server starts you can tell it what time of day.

Edited by serelaw

Restarts do not effect loot spawns nor does it refresh loot. This is a falsehood along with these "High Loot" servers that take advantage of their population not in the know. 

The only way to refresh loot is to reset persistence. Gear getting harder to find is by design and the whole idea is to "find" what you need, not having military gear easily acquired. 

See, it's a good thing I come to these forums :) Hard to keep track of all the changes when you've been away for a long time.

the only effect on server restarts, is that some loot might spawn while you log back in. the several times it happened, one is the most representative:

i was running between the two long barracks in VMC and server restarted.

once i logged again, the loot was the same, beside 1-2 new items in one barrack. probably, being logged out counts as no players in the vicinity and spawns something..

about stashes, i don't know. i didn't notice a particular lack of loot, but i play on a private server and don't go often in military bases.

coast can be a bit cleared out sometimes, but i had a few spawns with a lot of stuff in the very first buildings i looted, and everytime i moved inland no problems at all.

maybe it can be that police station with less loot leaves more players unarmed?

i hope that stashes don't hurt too badly the loot economy, because one side it brings people to destroy the items in the camps they find, hurting the idea of hoarding, and on the other it hurts who's not into camping.

4 hours ago, R.Neville said:

Restarts do not effect loot spawns nor does it refresh loot. This is a falsehood along with these "High Loot" servers that take advantage of their population not in the know. 

A restart (not reset- just a simple server restart) does in fact often cause a loot "redistribution." Granted this doesn't mean more, nor less... but it does get moved around. 

With that said I agree these idiots who still go into "MAX LOOT- 30 HELISPAWNS" servers need to figure it out. 

Edited by eno

1 hour ago, eno said:

With that said I agree these idiots who still go into "MAX LOOT- 30 HELISPAWNS" servers need to figure it out. 

1 hour ago, Mallow88 said:

You have a tendency for exaggeration, don't you?

No exaggeration: Figure it out.

20 hours ago, eno said:

The servers are forced to reset every 12 hours... 

Public is forced every 12hrs, private hives however are not.

3 minutes ago, R.Neville said:

Public is forced every 12hrs, private hives however are not.

Ah! Okay... we run a pub so that's good to know for the future. 

My guess is that, when the server is reset it may redistribute the items around some, but the majority of non looted items will or should still be in the same spot. So if I picked up a hat from the coast, it may redistribute somewhere else on the map.

If this is the case, I would look at splitting the loot economy to 4 separate areas, so that 1 to 4 having its own loot economy independent on itself instead of having it take from the coast, and redistribute up north way away from the normal spawning locations. This way you can find a box of matches so you don't freeze to death.

Instead of reading from 1 big database, and randomizing its tables, I would push for it to be independent on each quadarant. This way the coastal areas would have to repopulate every 15 minutes-30minutes then move to quadarant #2 and repopulate there.

This may save on server loads for people in those areas.

In theory this would work, but what demands it would have on the server is unknown by me without having that ability.

So even though a server may restart in 4 hours, or 12 hours it still is within the ranges of those times to repopulate each quadrant. You still have all your criteria's in place such as how much to spawn, what items are available.

This is most likely being worked on after the majority of bugs and items after finished. I wouldn't put too much effort into it, knowing how it works because they may have 9 ways to handle loot distribution right now.

Either way fishermen on the coast looted up the cities and your forced to move into the grid and find suitable loot to survive. Bandits have taken over the coastal areas and are robbing people blind that are left behind.