Sign in to follow this  
Marreta

VSS vs M4 supressed with acog

so what is the best?  range up to 400m. m4 with atlas, supressor and acog vs vss

6 minutes ago, Marreta said:

so what is the best?  range up to 400m. m4 with atlas, supressor and acog vs vss

Let us know when you tested this!

The VSS will be quieter. The NATO suppressor isn't quite the same as a silencer, and the VSS rounds will deal higher damage (pretty much a one hit weapon).

But it suffers from really severe bullet drop after quite a short distance (100m?). There's an excellent Wobo video about it somewhere.

A prone shooter, with M4 bipod deployed will also suffer almost zero recoil - at least pre 0.60.

The M4 is also much more versatile because of the effect of the attachments.

So if you want stealth and hitting power at short ranges, go for the VSS.

Anything else...M4 for me.

Given the currently broken sprint zig zag movement I really wouldn't wanna use any low velocity calibers.

UMP i.e. is good but the desync in combination with the ADHD zig zag sprinters has given me PTSD in the past.

To use the VSS effectively for anything more than devastatingly punchy hip-fire at close range, you will have to plan ahead, know your shot and adjust your zeroing perfectly, gauge the speed of the player, execute the shot absolutely flawlessly, and hope the target doesn't change speed or direction in the 600-1200 ms travel time.  Simple enough, right?

If less than 300 meters, you can just spam them with all 10 shots and hope you get lucky.  Pretty much any hit will take someone out of the fight.

• Like 1

The VSS is over-hyped really. After testing it quite extensively in 0.59, I have to say that the rounds don't do much damage, and targets over 300m are easy to miss, as the bullets start flying all around the place.

The M4 with suppressor is a bit more precise using the acog at ranges between 300-500 m.

That's just my 2 cents, based on personal experience.

• Like 1

Ok so we have split opinions on the VSS so far.. some say it oneshots players, odin says it doesnt do much damage.

But the truth is it deals 6800 blood damage IIRC (sadly I don't have the table/ spreadsheet at hand anymore), ranking only shortly behind the 308 and 7x56R  in projectile damage, usually resulting in killing a player in 2 bullets unless the arms or feet are hit. The biggest weakness are the velocity and damage dropoff of the caliber I suppose. I'd rank the effective range of the VSS at around 100m at the moment.

This weapon would become interesting if they implemented a 20rnd mag and it is one of the stealthiest weapons if / when the silencing works properly, which I am not sure it does atm.

Edited by Buakaw

I'm going to go with VSS. All of the above science absolutely leans towards the M4 being superior but...

It currently has the reported bug of despawning your gear when logged on your character. In these rough times for gear and whatnot. That's a pretty steep cost.

4 hours ago, Buakaw said:

But the truth is it deals 6800 blood damage IIRC (sadly I don't have the table/ spreadsheet at hand anymore), ranking only shortly behind the 308 and 7x56R  in projectile damage, usually resulting in killing a player in 2 bullets unless the arms or feet are hit. The biggest weakness are the velocity and damage dropoff of the caliber I suppose. I'd rank the effective range of the VSS at around 100m at the moment.

Ah, "blood damage", haven't seen that term for a while. You're correct. Same as Lee-Enfield at 6722.

The damage drop-off is real low on the VSS FYI (and should be even lower in future).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Buakaw said:

Given the currently broken sprint zig zag movement I really wouldn't wanna use any low velocity calibers.

UMP i.e. is good but the desync in combination with the ADHD zig zag sprinters has given me PTSD in the past.

Supposedly this was patched last night, the zigzagging that is.

2 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Ah, "blood damage", haven't seen that term for a while. You're correct. Same as Lee-Enfield at 6722.

The damage drop-off is real low on the VSS FYI (and should be even lower in future).

I wasn't sure how much of a factor it was. Where do you think the impression that it deals no damage stems from? Are people just hitting limbs or something? I remember oneshotting a healthy guy to the center of the chest with an UMP in 59, whose .45 ACP is quite similar to SP-6.

1 hour ago, [DGN] Johnny said:

Supposedly this was patched last night, the zigzagging that is.

You wish ^^ this won't happen before the player controller I think. I think it will be a gamechanger because, well, if you are on an open field and getting spotted, you are basically fucked without being able to zig zag bullets.

Edited by Buakaw
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, -Gews- said:

I neglected to do the math, but I have counted the time to target at ~300 meters to be roughly one second. I don't really think the terminal energy is an issue, so much as the ease of use.

At any rate, I've found a few bullets to feed one of them, so it's time for a field test.

45 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

Where do you think the impression that it deals no damage stems from? Are people just hitting limbs or something? I remember oneshotting a healthy guy to the center of the chest with an UMP in 59, whose .45 ACP is quite similar to SP-6.

It's simply wrong. Hitting limbs and items, probably. Maybe some are expecting too much as well, and don't realize it's a 600-700 J cartridge.

39 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

I neglected to do the math, but I have counted the time to target at ~300 meters to be roughly one second. I don't really think the terminal energy is an issue, so much as the ease of use.

Yes, it's about 1 second, not the most versatile weapon.

• Like 1