Ransurias

Instantly became hyperthermic and I can't cool off..?

Out of the blue, and on a chilly day (I can see my character's breath), I became hyperthermic. No "hot" status -- I went straight to hyperthermic. My chat box is being spammed every ~3 - 4 seconds by the following red text: "I am hyperthermic"

I've tried taking all my clothes off and staying in water to keep myself drenched, but nothing is working. I've noticed that several other people are having the issue on the feedback tracker, where some players are instantly becoming hypothermic and others are becoming hyperthermic.

The system is really weird at times, I died of thirst today even though i was standing in a pond trying to drink...but nope ofc that didn't work.

I'm having the same problem right now. As I type this, I'm unclothed, sitting in a pond, and it's raining. I've been drenched for about 20 minutes solid now. Hyperthermic popped up while I was running in the rain and drenched. I've been wrestling with it for several hours now. Not sure what to try next.

2 hours ago, ColdAtrophy said:

I'm having the same problem right now. As I type this, I'm unclothed, sitting in a pond, and it's raining. I've been drenched for about 20 minutes solid now. Hyperthermic popped up while I was running in the rain and drenched. I've been wrestling with it for several hours now. Not sure what to try next.

Hey, me and a friend had the same issue yesterday - instant transition from normal to hyperthermic status. I WAS able to lose the status after about an hour of camping an area while drenched laying down with no jacket on. My assumption is that the statuses were just hidden and you've really went way over the hyperthermic meter/limit(?) and it just notified you. Thankfully the only thing i think it does is drain hydration faster...

• Like 1

Apart from a happy couple of dips in ponds, I've been overheating ever since I came back to play 0.60 stable. It doesn't seem to have any ill effects though - my healthy status is holding up, and I'm not even sure it's affecting my hydration. I am a little worried about ignoring it and then dropping dead from heatstroke though...

Update:

If you're wearing gloves, take them off. And hats

Gorka jackets are a no-no unless it's raining, (and raincoats, obvs). USMC jackets are ok. My jury's out on M65s.

Jog everywhere. Don't sprint unless you have to.

I'm still having to take the occasional swim like this, but I've got it more under control than yesterday.

This is so fucking stupid. 

I made it through all of yesterday without having this issue... didn't do anything but what I normally do. This time I had to log to deal with some other fucking glitch and came back in dark brown overheating. 

I've been sitting in a pond for about an hour- with a brief interval out to go get something to drink. I'm still "hot." 

For most of the last hour I've been simultaneously overheating and promptly cooling off. 

• Like 1

I find if I get into a pool deep enough to properly swim in, I start to promptly cool off within minutes. Works with gear on or off. Sitting in it doesn't seem to have the same effect.

It is very annoying...

15dxwyg.jpg

This is how I spend basically all day in game... and granted I'm wearing gloves AND a balaclava but what offends common sense is the fact that I can be overheating and promptly cooling off  at the same time. Most of the game is spent bouncing from pond to pond, getting drenched and then carrying on. Not a particularly exciting meta. 

Edited by eno

You can be both because you're still over the 'overheating' threshold, while your temperature is falling.

The only way I can get some stability in between the ponds is to not wear hat, or gloves, and be prepared to keep my jacket/shirt off while jogging around. I can get around half an hour of in game time like that without overheating, but the minute I need to sprint or put jacket on for space purposes, it all goes to hell.

The other point is to ensure that you have good canteen capacity. While the overheating itself won't kill you, the dehydration it accelerates will...

On 16-6-2016 at 8:33 PM, Ransurias said:

Out of the blue, and on a chilly day (I can see my character's breath), I became hyperthermic. No "hot" status -- I went straight to hyperthermic. My chat box is being spammed every ~3 - 4 seconds by the following red text: "I am hyperthermic"

I've tried taking all my clothes off and staying in water to keep myself drenched, but nothing is working. I've noticed that several other people are having the issue on the feedback tracker, where some players are instantly becoming hypothermic and others are becoming hyperthermic.

Go to bug tracker and give them server name and IP, seems to have to do with some server configurations, read: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1soqm6f

Edited by nl
spelling

6 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

You can be both because you're still over the 'overheating' threshold, while your temperature is falling.

The only way I can get some stability in between the ponds is to not wear hat, or gloves, and be prepared to keep my jacket/shirt off while jogging around. I can get around half an hour of in game time like that without overheating, but the minute I need to sprint or put jacket on for space purposes, it all goes to hell.

The other point is to ensure that you have good canteen capacity. While the overheating itself won't kill you, the dehydration it accelerates will...

I can be "overheatED"- I can't be actively overheating while promptly cooling off. I suppose it's semantics.  

Its really weird because i can be drenched at the same time as im Hyperthermic. Must be some crazy rainforest climate in Chernarus.

Don't try going for full TTKSO, gloves, balaclava and full ghillie combo. Just don't.

Most of my days in Chernarus I spend with green fresh spawn T-shirt, olive UK vest or green high cap vest and some cool looking military pants. Small change from full TTKSO uniform always is really cool. T-shirt looks cool with vest that matches the color and pants that are camouflaged. Only problem is backpack, which I can't seem to find good color that exactly matches green T-shirt.

This SS is my old character, now I'm wearing TTKSO pants and green high capacity vest.

20160622221526_1.jpg

Edited by Just Caused

When you start heating up, take your hat off and try to sprint in shadows instead of sunlight. I literally have no problems whatsoever with temperature management using this strategy.