[Chriss]

Fighting back

Hi all,

i´ve been playing dayz a long time before SA and its kinda sad how the community has changed from proffessional players to really noobish-players. I realized that after i spawned at the coast and you see so many highly geared players hanging around in spawn-areas, shooting bambis instead of being in the north where you meet equivalent players...

I´ve seen players with fn-fal´s sniping from the hill of elektro, groups of players in full camo with ak´s, where some players have nothing better to do then just camping in houses and waiting for someone to kill. You probably don´t even have a small change to survive or gear up when you just spawned there, because of these noobish players...

Sometimes i met other players who had the same problems, we grouped up and even managed to kill some of them, but it´s hard since you don´t often find players to team up and the other ones are probably well armed and kill you on sight.

So from now on, it´s my goal kill these guys and fight back, would be someone interested in creating a group or team up?

• Like 1

What's funny about this is a number of the guys you are planning to kill probably think of themselves as doing what you are planning to do.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ebrim said:

What's funny about this is a number of the guys you are planning to kill probably think of themselves as doing what you are planning to do.

Yeah, but there is a difference if someone is trying to kill you as soon as he sees you, or communicates with you...

Edited by [Chriss]
  • Like 1

One military geared player is with worth more than a dozen fresh spawns in time investment alone. That said, most military geared players are not nearly that successful in their lifespan. Even on the coast. 

I, at least, communicate with the fresh spawns if I kill them. If they sound sketchy or "accidentally" put their fists up, I say "ravioli.. ravioli.. What's in the formuoli?" then BAM. Dead.

Is staying around the Balota-Pavlovo area considered camping fresh spawns?

• Like 1

I have mixed feelings on KOS. It's an annoyance, of course, but I feel like it's a bit of a key game mechanic. It's what instills that bit of heart-racing fear in you. That being said, I don't think it should be nearly as widespread as it is, but that's the price we pay when there's not a lot else to do in the game upon getting geared. Currently, my usual goals are to get geared, meet up with already established friends/make new ones, and to roleplay (only on certain servers, obviously). But, I've only been truly geared once in my time playing as a personal preference. I once received this bit of enlightenment from a person that was going to kill me: 'Once you get to the point where you're all geared and shit, you get bored and decide to shoot people, sometimes for practice and sometimes for fun. Until something changes, that's just how it's gonna be.'

My personal experience with KOS has been that I get killed a lot but I don't really take my life seriously in-game unless the situation calls for it (roleplay, good gear is at stake, friends are at stake, etc.) so I run along the coast freely and mostly carefree. I understand that this will inevitably get me shot. Do I still talk shit (especially if they miss repeatedly)? Indubitably, but that's just another part of the game. I'm personally not partial to most roleplay servers because they can be incredibly strict on killing rules and while I do appreciate more KOS rules in roleplay servers, they sometimes take it to the point of there being no real threat or animosity in the shadows. I like that fear a little, I guess, is the point I'm trying to make.

I don't like getting killed as a freshie by bored campers but worst case scenario: I spawn in a shitty place and get to redo the same shit all over again.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, xgobacktosleep said:

I have mixed feelings on KOS. It's an annoyance, of course, but I feel like it's a bit of a key game mechanic. It's what instills that bit of heart-racing fear in you. That being said, I don't think it should be nearly as widespread as it is, but that's the price we pay when there's not a lot else to do in the game upon getting geared. Currently, my usual goals are to get geared, meet up with already established friends/make new ones, and to roleplay (only on certain servers, obviously). But, I've only been truly geared once in my time playing as a personal preference. I once received this bit of enlightenment from a person that was going to kill me: 'Once you get to the point where you're all geared and shit, you get bored and decide to shoot people, sometimes for practice and sometimes for fun. Until something changes, that's just how it's gonna be.'

My personal experience with KOS has been that I get killed a lot but I don't really take my life seriously in-game unless the situation calls for it (roleplay, good gear is at stake, friends are at stake, etc.) so I run along the coast freely and mostly carefree. I understand that this will inevitably get me shot. Do I still talk shit (especially if they miss repeatedly)? Indubitably, but that's just another part of the game. I'm personally not partial to most roleplay servers because they can be incredibly strict on killing rules and while I do appreciate more KOS rules in roleplay servers, they sometimes take it to the point of there being no real threat or animosity in the shadows. I like that fear a little, I guess, is the point I'm trying to make.

I don't like getting killed as a freshie by bored campers but worst case scenario: I spawn in a shitty place and get to redo the same shit all over again.

I don't really mind being killed, i even sometimes suicide if i get really bored lol. There have also been many situations where combat made situations really exciting and even a few times where i was impressed by the guy who killed. f.e. Me and a friend got both killed by a doublebarrel-shotgun each with one shot (on a rp-server btw) which was really impressive...

I was on rp-servers myself and i really enjoyed situations when combat and rp is combinated  like robberys or revenge. I totally agree with you

Its just about that noobish playstile i mentioned ( and i needed a goal since i was getting bored myselft too)

• Like 2

Everyone wants to be Daryl or Rick.  No one wants to be the dumb jerk who get's his head smashed in by Negan's bat.

Personally, I think the huge imbalance between fresh spawn and clans of death squads armed with military grade equipment to be the best part of DayZ.  To me, DayZ is closer to the film The Crazies or Mad Max than The Walking Dead.  That is to say, everyone else is a well armed lunatic and you are lucky to find someone who isn't "infected" with murderous intent.

Honestly, I don't understand why people have such a problem with the PvP.  Without that, it's just running around the woods picking apples. 

• Like 4

Anyone military geared is default a bad guy in my evaluation. You don't need camo, GI-Joe crap, and an AK to hunt deer and pick off a couple zombies. Avoid them if possible and otherwise take them out and bury them and their ill-begotten GI-Joe nonsense.

On 5/4/2016 at 9:29 AM, [Chriss] said:

Yeah, but there is a difference if someone is trying to kill you as soon as he sees you, or communicates with you...

Not if both of you feel entitled to KOS after being KOS'd by others.

See the revolving door issue you have there? 

5 hours ago, lrishjake said:

Not if both of you feel entitled to KOS after being KOS'd by others.

See the revolving door issue you have there? 

Doesn't mean that i just KOS everyone high-geared, i try generally to avoid KOS. I try talking to them first and see the reaction, works...     mostly...

I don't see the problem with what it is now... I however do see it if they were to implement some unnatural solutions to circumvent the current outcome. Like temporary invincibility for example...

The universe of DayZ is nothing like it would be in the real world under the same circumstances - immortality or "rebirth" is not a factor in real life after all, thus value of DayZ life is simply very very very low. It's a blend of VR with a coating of reality. If you stuffed 50 people with Deadpool like powers on one e.g. island you would have DayZ. To put it bluntly, don't expect DayZ to be like real life, it will never come close, and so is its society.

Depends on your goal, but if you want to survive the longest, always keep in mind that this is a game and approach it a such. If you don't want to be killed on the coast after spawning then just head for the nearest village that is not on the exact coastline the very second you have control of your char.

Edited by smoq2

22 minutes ago, smoq2 said:

I don't see the problem with what it is now... I however do see it if they were to implement some unnatural solutions to circumvent the current outcome. Like temporary invincibility for example...

The universe of DayZ is nothing like it would be in the real world under the same circumstances - immortality or "rebirth" is not a factor in real life after all, thus value of DayZ life is simply very very very low. It's a blend of VR with a coating of reality. If you stuffed 50 people with Deadpool like powers on one e.g. island you would have DayZ. To put it bluntly, don't expect DayZ to be like real life, it will never come close, and so is its society.

Depends on your goal, but if you want to survive the longest, always keep in mind that this is a game and approach it a such. If you don't want to be killed on the coast after spawning then just head for the nearest village that is not on the exact coastline the very second you have control of your char.

This.  DayZ is contrived for a number of reasons.  You need to sleep in RL and you can't just log off.  In RL, you can't combat log or respawn.  You don't get "lonely" in DayZ or crave human contact after weeks of wandering empty towns.  There's no emotional cost in DayZ to just killing people for no reason.  The world of DayZ more closely approximates the fictional world of The Walking Dead or other post-apocalyptic fiction like Mad Max, The Postman, Jericho, Revolution, The Road, Book of Eli and so on where it's just understood that the last remaining humans will try to kill each other for no apparent reason.  Which to an extent is equally absurd. 

It's easy to survive in DayZ.  Just stick to the random towns and slowly gather essential supplies.  The only time I've gotten killed of late is when I go to the tent city at NWAF to stock up on machineguns.  2 people on a server, you can bet that's where they will be and not looking to make friends.

DayZ SA feels very chaotic and hostile, until you join a group or clan.
If everything feels overwhelming, I highly recommend joining a server's teamspeak, or skype with some other players. When you're part of a team playing together with your own goals and relations, it makes everything a lot clearer and less frustrating.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, deadjuice said:

DayZ SA feels very chaotic and hostile, until you join a group or clan.
If everything feels overwhelming, I highly recommend joining a server's teamspeak, or skype with some other players. When you're part of a team playing together with your own goals and relations, it makes everything a lot clearer and less frustrating.

Yeah thats a solution but i have a different playstile, its much more exciting for me to travel around alone and meet people (hostile or friendly) and see what happens. I just love how everything can happen everywhere,  and random encounters can create the best storys.

I was in Cherno and some jerk shot out my legs.  He then toyed with me as I crawled after trying to catch him with a lucky swing of my ax.  He then came back with sticks so I could make a splint.  He then shot my legs again after I had splinted up, then eventually killed me.

At least he took the time to interact.

• Like 1

On 4.5.2016 at 5:38 PM, [Chriss] said:

Hi all,

i´ve been playing dayz a long time before SA and its kinda sad how the community has changed from proffessional players to really noobish-players. I realized that after i spawned at the coast and you see so many highly geared players hanging around in spawn-areas, shooting bambis instead of being in the north where you meet equivalent players...

I´ve seen players with fn-fal´s sniping from the hill of elektro, groups of players in full camo with ak´s, where some players have nothing better to do then just camping in houses and waiting for someone to kill. You probably don´t even have a small change to survive or gear up when you just spawned there, because of these noobish players...

Sometimes i met other players who had the same problems, we grouped up and even managed to kill some of them, but it´s hard since you don´t often find players to team up and the other ones are probably well armed and kill you on sight.

So from now on, it´s my goal kill these guys and fight back, would be someone interested in creating a group or team up?

tl:dr "wah wah someone killed me while being a fresh spawn, these guys are all noobs"

how about growing a pair, heading directly to the center of the map when spawned and trying to survive to get geared instead of whining on the forums?

• Like 1

On 5/4/2016 at 10:38 AM, [Chriss] said:

Hi all,

being a hero can be fun and I highly recommend trying it out because you can meet some nice people. Note: don't give bambis guns, I learned this the hard way. XD

• Like 1

OH man i would have a blast going to kill those highly geared players. It would be my goal to KOS them, since i love pvp, and survival. Instead of thinking this is a bambi type game. You might actually make new friends to hang with.

play the game for what it is, who cares if people kos others. Its just a game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sneakydude said:

OH man i would have a blast going to kill those highly geared players. It would be my goal to KOS them, since i love pvp, and survival. Instead of thinking this is a bambi type game. You might actually make new friends to hang with.

play the game for what it is, who cares if people kos others. Its just a game.

I found out that is actually a good way to make friends lol. I don't mind getting kos'd, espacilly this times in 0.59 i get bored and run around conspicuous as fuck.

5 hours ago, [Chriss] said:

I found out that is actually a good way to make friends lol. I don't mind getting kos'd, espacilly this times in 0.59 i get bored and run around conspicuous as fuck.

this was how i met my group i had back in the very early mod days (back when there was no axe and you spawned with a makarov)
killed half the squad of the enemy, then got killed while trying to steal their helo, after respawning i met one of the guys i killed and they took me with them to raid another groups base

once the new renderer hits stable, i am going to start playing dayz very regularly again, the thing holding me back for about half a year was the very poor performance

I met a few people, we now play with because we like to pvp.

Just wait till i start placing mines all over.... if you go boom, opps sorry.