Sign in to follow this  
Cavity

[U.S.A] AMERICAN RIFLE ADDITIONS

Should more American made weapons be implemented in to DayZ?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. M16, AR-15, Beretta

• Yes
    • No

I feel as if the game needs the M16. The M16 is chambered with the standard M4 cartridge, the 5.56x45mm round, if we can find USMC clothing at these american military crash sites why not M16's that the USMC and the army use. I also feel like another weapon that should be around would be the AR-15, this also is chambered in the 5.56x45mm NATO cartridge, I just feel that a few more american weapons should be implemented in the game since I hear rumors of the dev's making a NATO base on the map up north.

Stag2wi_.jpg

Standard issue AR-15, along with a modified version above.

M16a1m16a2m4m16a45wi.jpg

M16 (The M16 is still used by the U.S military, in combat and for the honor guard.)

I would also like to add to this post, maybe a Beretta M9 that also spawns at the helicopter crash sites. The Beretta is chambered with the 9MM round.

1024px-M9-pistolet.jpg

Beretta M9, still used by the military today.

Edited by Cavity

Forgive my ignorance but what is the difference?

If they are both firing the same round and use the same mags is there any need? I guess one is more of a sniper weapon than the other but I think the game has enough of those in it at the moment.

10 hours ago, thefriendlydutchman said:

we already have m4, also why american weapons around Ukrain/Russia

There is zombie apocalypse happening somewhere in RUS country and the rest of the world, USA more specific, is like "whatever, not our business, let's go to KFC"? Lol.

In my opinion they would throw there 10k soldiers without asking anyone. So yeah, bring USA weapons but make them rare, that's it.

IMO, there's not enough of a difference between the M16/AR15 and the M4 already in game to warrant adding one, let alone both.

26 minutes ago, gorgefatality said:

There is zombie apocalypse happening somewhere in RUS country and the rest of the world, USA more specific, is like "whatever, not our business, let's go to KFC"? Lol.

In my opinion they would throw there 10k soldiers without asking anyone. So yeah, bring USA weapons but make them rare, that's it.

The US probably was minding their own business, since the zombie apoc was global, not just in Chenarus.  Lore is still a bit tricky to pin down, we don't know exactly where it started or how it progressed, just that it's completely engulfed the world.  The NATO/US forces in Chenarus were probably already stationed there after the events of Arma2 and probably tried to help with containment, thinking it was insurgents or rioters.  When shit 'got real' their home countries may have tried to recall said forces to help deal with the outbreak on their own soil.  That would of course take a while under ideal conditions, and would probably be impossible during the outbreak.  There probably would be M16s 'laying around', but at the moment at least, it wouldn't be worth adding in to the game (yet).

Actually nevermind.

What we need.. is an AK-107 :D now that would be a beast. Plus it would fit the soviet background.

Edited by Buakaw
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IkaikaKekai said:

The US probably was minding their own business, since the zombie apoc was global, not just in Chenarus.  Lore is still a bit tricky to pin down, we don't know exactly where it started or how it progressed, just that it's completely engulfed the world.  The NATO/US forces in Chenarus were probably already stationed there after the events of Arma2 and probably tried to help with containment, thinking it was insurgents or rioters.  When shit 'got real' their home countries may have tried to recall said forces to help deal with the outbreak on their own soil.  That would of course take a while under ideal conditions, and would probably be impossible during the outbreak.  There probably would be M16s 'laying around', but at the moment at least, it wouldn't be worth adding in to the game (yet).

Still, in the event of a massive pandemic they would have had to leave military grade equipment behind. That is if they called every single last troop out of Chernarus, plus aren't the dev's making an abandoned NATO base? Perfect for the M16/AR15!

8 minutes ago, Cavity said:

AK47 anyone?

? AKM is the modernized version of the AK47. There isn't much difference. Here's some more viable russian additions that have probably been mentioned a billion times.

AN-94, 9A-91, AS VAL, SV-98, PP-19-01 "Vityaz-SN"

• Like 1

Which weapons are mostly left behind depends on the time, the infection occured. Arma 2 took place in 2009. Which makes the M4 widely used for US forces. Other examples are the Steyr AUG or the H&K G36. Last one is still missing in the game.

38 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

? AKM is the modernized version of the AK47. There isn't much difference. Here's some more viable russian additions that have probably been mentioned a billion times.

The AS VAL would rape.

• Like 1

why do you care so much about guns in Alpha you want more and more and more ... Let them finish crucial things such as the renderer etc. Use your brain guys

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cavity said:

Still, in the event of a massive pandemic they would have had to leave military grade equipment behind. That is if they called every single last troop out of Chernarus, plus aren't the dev's making an abandoned NATO base? Perfect for the M16/AR15!

My point still stands.  As of right now we have the M4, other than barrel length and lighter parts the M4 is not much different than the M16, and its unlikely that the AR15 would be making the rounds in civilian hands in Chenarus.  At this stage it would be something of a waste of time to add in basically 2 more copies of the same gun.  If I remember right, they had 3 guns, the Mosin, the SKS, and the M4 at launch.  It wasn't because they just picked 3 guns at random, they encompassed 3 different types of weapons, a bolt-action/sniper rifle, a semiautomatic, and an automatic, with the two types of magazines, detachable, and internal.  Same with the pistols they added, semi auto and revolver, so on with the shotguns.  This allowed them to test things, which would be harder if they just added 3 slight variations of the same gun, with the same attachments, same caliber, ect.  When we get into beta expect to see more of the 'same' kind of rifles.

26 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

This is partly my point, adding the AR15 and M16 would be the equilvent of adding the Type 56 (Chinese AK), AKM, AK47, Saiga Rifle (Civilian AK).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VaTiS said:

why do you care so much about guns in Alpha you want more and more and more ... Let them finish crucial things such as the renderer etc. Use your brain guys

Designers, modellers and coders work independantly, you know. Why do you think we keep getting new models? It's faster than writing a new renderer, that's for sure.

11 minutes ago, IkaikaKekai said:

This is partly my point, adding the AR15 and M16 would be the equilvent of adding the Type 56 (Chinese AK), AKM, AK47, Saiga Rifle (Civilian AK).

Yeah. I am all up for variations that add new characteristics (recoil, firerate, caliber) tho - or for lore-relevant/fitting weapons such as the ones I mentioned above. The Vityaz SN should be the gun we see in every police station in place of the MP5 from my understanding. Maybe someone correct me on that part.

4 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

Designers, modellers and coders work independantly, you know. Why do you think we keep getting new models? It's faster than writing a new renderer, that's for sure.

It takes more than just modelers to add in guns, otherwise we would have the K98, M1 Garand, and several other weapons that have been shown but not added.  As you said, it's easier to make a model of a new gun than it is to make the new renderer, and I'm sure most of these guys are doing their own projects in their 'free' time, and we'll have a large catalogue of weapons to choose from once the VERY important gameplay stuff is 'done' and they start focusing on content.  I'm sure the M16Awhatever will be added in at some point in the future, but I would not hold my breath as that future is not anytime soon.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the USMC in Chernarus. Today the Marines still use the M16 for ground troops so this would be fairly common among the ground troops.

On 3/1/2016 at 1:32 AM, Cavity said:

I feel as if the game needs the M16. The M16 is chambered with the standard M4 cartridge, the 5.56x45mm round, if we can find USMC clothing at these american military crash sites why not M16's that the USMC and the army use. I also feel like another weapon that should be around would be the AR-15, this also is chambered in the 5.56x45mm NATO cartridge, I just feel that a few more american weapons should be implemented in the game since I hear rumors of the dev's making a NATO base on the map up north.

Stag2wi_.jpg

Standard issue AR-15, along with a modified version above.

M16a1m16a2m4m16a45wi.jpg

M16 (The M16 is still used by the U.S military, in combat and for the honor guard.)

I would also like to add to this post, maybe a Beretta M9 that also spawns at the helicopter crash sites. The Beretta is chambered with the 9MM round.

1024px-M9-pistolet.jpg

Beretta M9, still used by the military today.

All I have to say is...

MURICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Cavity said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the USMC in Chernarus. Today the Marines still use the M16 for ground troops so this would be fairly common among the ground troops.

I'm getting tired of repeating myself...

12 hours ago, IkaikaKekai said:

At this stage it would be something of a waste of time to add in basically 2 more copies of the same gun.

11 hours ago, IkaikaKekai said:

I'm sure the M16Awhatever will be added in at some point in the future, but I would not hold my breath as that future is not anytime soon.

4 hours ago, IkaikaKekai said:

I'm getting tired of repeating myself...

Well who cares what you think. If you have already stated your point , and you are tired of it then there is no need for you to be here any longer.

• Like 1

Imho the only american rifle worth addition at this stage is Hawken rifle... or maybe Sharps rifle as a second choice :)

Edited by Blafirelli

I would say more  Sporting and obsolete military arms should be brought into the game. Weapons like the semi-automatic Remington model 742, and the Hk 940, the Mauser K98 in .308 or 8mm Mauser,and the 03-A3 Springfield and perhaps a S&W .38 special