WilliamTheConqueror

Player stats shouldn't show players killed

On 25/02/2016 at 5:17 PM, thedoctorlome1 said:

Okay it truly doesn't matter if a players killed stat is in the game. You guys are thinking to hard about it.

Errrr it is a survival game, but it is also a shooter as seen in the countless guns they add to game, but also in the community's enjoyment in the pvp side of the game. The game is supposed to let you play however you like which means someone could kos and someone could build a farm, the game allows for all of it.

The game does not allow you to play however you want - what does that even mean anyway? Go surfboarding then.

The game is about survival and surviving the apocalypse which includes shooting people at times and having stats showing of survival numbers should be the first things to be shown.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jex said:

The game does not allow you to play however you want

Yes...Yes it does.

On 21/03/2016 at 3:58 PM, Zimorak said:

Yes...Yes it does.

LOL no, no it doesn't. Go build a surfboard then. I won't wait for you btw.

1 hour ago, jex said:

LOL no, no it doesn't. Go build a surfboard then. I won't wait for you btw.

You're being too literal, and trying to reference something that is outside the scope of the game. Of course you're not able to build a fucking surfboard. The point of DayZ is to -Survive-. Its a fucking survival game, not a surfing simulator.

Who? the hell would want surfboarding in a Infected Survival game. ?????? Be realistic.

You can (do/play) (whatever/however) within the limitations of current features.

Go farm -> Give the produce to Fresh Spawns.

Fix a Car. -> Crash it -> fix again

Go Find a V3S -> Farm guns for a while -> Give to fresh spawns.

GO Roleplay as UN peacekeepers.

Go make a fucking camp.

Do you see what i'm getting at? Use the limitations of the game as your boundaries. The term "You can do whatever you want" is of course limited. There is no "Story Line". You're not FORCED into anything. Do whatever you would like within the limitations of the game. And stop acting stupid.

Edited by Zimorak

On 3/21/2016 at 8:15 AM, jex said:

Go surfboarding then.

This unfortunately is not nearly as fun as growing tomatoes.

Ive tried. :(

IMG_7533_1024x1024.JPG?v=1442680066

Edited by lrishjake
  • Like 2

On 2/18/2016 at 7:31 PM, Funkmaster Rick said:

This to the max.

And thats just it - really.

The stats show a general list of things your character has done, and while *you* might not like that playstyle - some do, and it is just as valid as living in the woods.

• Like 4

On 22/03/2016 at 5:23 PM, Zimorak said:

You're being too literal, and trying to reference something that is outside the scope of the game. Of course you're not able to build a fucking surfboard. The point of DayZ is to -Survive-. Its a fucking survival game, not a surfing simulator.

Who? the hell would want surfboarding in a Infected Survival game. ?????? Be realistic.

You can (do/play) (whatever/however) within the limitations of current features.

Go farm -> Give the produce to Fresh Spawns.

Fix a Car. -> Crash it -> fix again

Go Find a V3S -> Farm guns for a while -> Give to fresh spawns.

GO Roleplay as UN peacekeepers.

Go make a fucking camp.

Do you see what i'm getting at? Use the limitations of the game as your boundaries. The term "You can do whatever you want" is of course limited. There is no "Story Line". You're not FORCED into anything. Do whatever you would like within the limitations of the game. And stop acting stupid.

No you are being too literal when you say "you can do anything you want".

It's a demonstrable FACT that you can't do anything you want and the fact that you think I want to go surfing just shows you have no clue what "making a point" is. You can do whatever you want in any game according to you as long as it's in the limitations of the game. That's called an oxymoron.

On 4/12/2016 at 7:08 AM, jex said:

No you are being too literal when you say "you can do anything you want".

It's a demonstrable FACT that you can't do anything you want and the fact that you think I want to go surfing just shows you have no clue what "making a point" is. You can do whatever you want in any game according to you as long as it's in the limitations of the game. That's called an oxymoron.

You couldn't let it die. You are "Literally" being stupid right now. I seriously don't like to refer to derogatory comments, but the fact that you are trying to bring something that is outside the scope of the game, into an example to prove that this game doesn't allow you to "Do whatever you want", is an Awfully Good way to prove my point. Btw, Awfully Good is a proper example of an Oxymoron.... In case you needed help understanding. 

EDIT: be realistic about what you expect out of a game.

Edited by Zimorak

I think my kill count is 4 in over 2000 hours.  one asked me to kill him and the rest attacked me.

On 15/04/2016 at 2:43 AM, Zimorak said:

You couldn't let it die. You are "Literally" being stupid right now. I seriously don't like to refer to derogatory comments, but the fact that you are trying to bring something that is outside the scope of the game, into an example to prove that this game doesn't allow you to "Do whatever you want", is an Awfully Good way to prove my point. Btw, Awfully Good is a proper example of an Oxymoron.... In case you needed help understanding. 

EDIT: be realistic about what you expect out of a game.

I understand your point completely however it's wrong. You can do anything you like in COD with your argument which is why it's a bad argument.

Just now, jex said:

I understand your point completely however it's wrong. You can do anything you like in COD with your argument which is why it's a bad argument.

Let it die already. You can do whatever you want, but you can't. Point being, don't ask the impossible out of a game. 

A good thing to put in the stats would be your Blood Type
because I can never fragging remember it

• Like 2

On 3/24/2016 at 7:16 AM, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

And thats just it - really.

The stats show a general list of things your character has done, and while *you* might not like that playstyle - some do, and it is just as valid as living in the woods.

Hicks has spoken! We can all go home now. (Also, I think Pilgrims idea of having blood type in the stats sounds useful. Have you considered something like that?)

On 4/29/2016 at 9:04 AM, pilgrim* said:

A good thing to put in the stats would be your Blood Type
because I can never fragging remember it

I've often wondered if one day this game would be in-depth enough to warrant books that offer cookies and relevant information. To include the lore of Chenarus, the events of the apocalypse, and even survivor diaries. This could go further into tidbits about understanding survivor craft. A book for example in the hospital that has a chart of blood types. We could even take it further and allow survivors to craft "scrap books" by tearing out pages in different books they run across. Slowly building their own reference manuals.

It could also be a method to allow MVPs to leave their marks on games they love and have helped foster, much like the Developer Cookies we have now. Players that have contributed hugely to the DayZ community like Wobo, JamJar, etc. Just seems like a cool concept. ^.^

You could enable blood type stat after you check your blood. You must first check it before the stat appears.

Blood levels, water levels, hunger levels are always a good stat to have.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, [DGN] Johnny said:

I've often wondered if one day this game would be in-depth enough to warrant books that offer cookies and relevant information. To include the lore of Chenarus, the events of the apocalypse, and even survivor diaries. This could go further into tidbits about understanding survivor craft. A book for example in the hospital that has a chart of blood types. We could even take it further and allow survivors to craft "scrap books" by tearing out pages in different books they run across. Slowly building their own reference manuals.

It could also be a method to allow MVPs to leave their marks on games they love and have helped foster, much like the Developer Cookies we have now. Players that have contributed hugely to the DayZ community like Wobo, JamJar, etc. Just seems like a cool concept. ^.^

yes - I just wanted to remember my blood type, ya know?... or have a fixed blood type that don't change. What's the big deal, I don't notice any important Rare blood types in this game  so why not stay with the same one per player? You'd still need the kits to find out another charters blood type.

And players seem to want to have all kinds of strange stuff written on screen ..
If you can't remember how many folk you killed should it be on screen (you mean you really cant remember?)  If you can't remember - man you don't want to know.
Or if you cant remember your blood type should it be on screen?  
What's the difference between those 2 stats, in importance?
Answer: If you can't remember how many folks you killed you are .. one strange dude .. but if you can't remember your blood type you're maybe a fool but you aint a psychopath.

- or (put it differently)  - How do you know how many k you walked in the last 25 days anyway (lol) do you count your paces? Or do you count them, but you don't remember how many you counted?

[DJN]J = A hospital wall chart of blood types is not a bad idea at all - GOOD -  because it shows the cross-compatibilities of the common blood types included in the game (most folk maybe don't know about that, I hope the Devs got it right?

Hell - maybe if you just test your blood type once, you should get a dogtag with it stamped on.

xx

= = =

p.s.
And in those stats we need how many chicken headshots you get, too - I hope we aint going to forget to put those chicken's head-hit-boxes in 0.6 or have some technical problem spring up with that, OR ELSE I'm going to stop playing and write crazy stuff in the <are you disappointed thread> along with the guys hanging out there already drinking cheap beer and getting riled up  - And I don't just mean ME - I'm going to bring about two and a half hundred chickens with me too. And they aint easy-going chickens right now. How can you even play  a game with no chicken headshot box and no chicken headshot count in it?  You ought to be ashamed.

12 hours ago, [DGN] Johnny said:

taken together the whole of what you say is complicated - BUT the idea of putting two or three Survival Guides from this forum as books in dayz is a great idea.
(BeanZ)

No copywright issue (already)  - and include the date of the guide on the front page of the in-game book, so players can see how old or how up to date it is. 

And the writer's name = Great idea

I'll bet this would mean a lot more books would be checked over to see if they were one of those with useful how-tos .. beginers guides.. hunting tips..

Also this is easy to do - it is real easy to format a text as a book-with-cover and add it in with the list of books

I vote for this one. Devs tell me the format parameters and which texts you want in book form and I'll do it myself, no charge, and they'll look good too.

xx Pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim*
Off Topic 100% but too Good to miss, sorry.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

OR ELSE I'm going to stop playing and write crazy stuff in the <are you disappointed thread> along with the guys hanging out there already drinking cheap beer and getting riled up

ah, no, I stopped drinking beer when I quit smoking, but feel free to come over for a good wine. You just need to have a good time filler and you'll soon feel at home over there with us ;)

7 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

taken together the whole of what you say is complicated - BUT the idea of putting two or three Survival Guides from this forum as books in dayz is a great idea.
(BeanZ)

No copywright issue (already)  - and include the date of the guide on the front page of the in-game book, so players can see how old or how up to date it is. 

And the writer's name = Great.

I'll bet this would mean a lot more books would be checked over to see if they were one of those with useful how-tos .. beginers guides.. hunting tips..

I want to take this even further. Why not have some skills reserved to you having "consumed" a book on something, i.e. you find a first aid fibula and only then can craft splints. Or a hunting book for crafting bows. I doubt many of us could craft a decently working bow just like that. Or a book on electricity and you could get a generator for the fridge in your base going. Not saying that it should be implemented with these specific skills, but generally books offer so much potential that it's sad to see them unused. Of course general survival guides as mentioned would be cool as well.

Edited by Noctoras
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Noctoras said:

ah, no, I stopped drinking beer when I quit smoking, but feel free to come over for a good wine. You just need to have a good time filler and you'll soon feel at home over there with us ;)

I want to take this even further. Why not have some skills reserved to you having "consumed" a book on something, i.e. you find a first aid fibula and only then can craft splints. Or a hunting book for crafting bows. I doubt many of us could craft a decently working bow just like that. Or a book on electricity and you could get a generator for the fridge in your base going. Not saying that it should be implemented with these specific skills, but generally books offer so much potential that it's sad to see them unused. Of course general survival guides as mentioned would be cool as well.

True enough - a book is a TOOL exactly the same as a knife or a spanner. 
If you want to get a helicopter working, you really need that <How To, Mechanics Guide> as well as a box of wrenches and a spare tail rotor.

Edited by pilgrim*
Still Off Topic I know, I do know, OK yes I know, sorry

7 hours ago, Noctoras said:

5 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

True enough - a book is a TOOL exactly the same as a knife or a spanner. 
If you want to get a helicopter working, you really need that <How To, Mechanics Guide> as well as a box of wrenches and a spare tail rotor.

Exactly.