bigpittle

LOOT SPAWNS

Ok so a couple of days ago i got on dayz. i spawned by the airfield and went to it immediately to do my loot runs in the prisons. i was surprised to see that LITERALLY NOTHING Spawned there. I think that this is ridiculous. It should be changed in the next update no question. Also i would like to know when that update might be.

Nothing spawns in there because the current player controller (not 100% sure what that means, just regurgitating information) allows people to glitch into the walls. As a temporary measure, loot spawns have been essentially removed...apart from like a pack of tomato seeds. No loot means no one has anything to gain by going in there and glitching into the walls. 

So, if you are lamenting the loss of prison loot, cross your fingers that the new player controller gets added in soon. None of us know when we are going to get updates. We just get them, do a sweet heel kick, and get to DayZing.

• Like 3

Ok so a couple of days ago i got on dayz. i spawned by the airfield and went to it immediately to do my loot runs in the prisons. i was surprised to see that LITERALLY NOTHING Spawned there. I think that this is ridiculous. It should be changed in the next update no question. Also i would like to know when that update might be.

I sense you may find DayZ a little disappointing Grasshopper...

So gamebreaking, much unplayable, wow.

• Like 2

People do the same to the walls in police stations yet they are full of loot. 

People do the same to the walls in police stations yet they are full of loot. 

People do the wall glitch on many other buildings, yet they haven't gotten their loot changed. xD

So gamebreaking, much unplayable, wow.

I'm a crazy radical to say this (but everyone already knows that):

there is plenty of MAP besides the airfield - you could go for a long look AROUND.. there are MILES of map in every direction, including mil camps, barracks, police cars, armored convoys,  tents and barrels (found one barrel of loot in an outside toilet), stashed away repaired trucks FULL of gear, plus geared up players looking for trouble, and civilian villages that spawn stuff that is listed as "military"/"police".

Tell ya the truth, since the last patch I'm having REALLY a Good Time... i just keep away from airfields and everythin is Wunnerful..

Pavlov claims another victim!

didn't know about this 'player controller'.  Sounds sinister.  First thought OP was talking about NEAF, but then wow...

other regular mil-sites still functioning ok or just NWAF gone/obselete?

Pavlov claims another victim!

didn't know about this 'player controller'.  Sounds sinister.  First thought OP was talking about NEAF, but then wow...

other regular mil-sites still functioning ok or just NWAF gone/obselete?

It's just the prison building that has no military loot. This applies to all instances of the prison building structure.

• Like 1

I have to admit.............returning after many months my self I wondered that myself about no loot in the prisons. I knew there had to be a reason for it, now I know.

As far as loot in game in general, I will say there's quite a bit really, as long as you can settle for not having some of the more high end rare military items right off the bat. Really you can get geared well enough to survive for some time, in probably a game session really. Getting the higher end stuff can take a long time. Although simply shooting a geared player or ambushing someone....well that cuts down on that time radically. Not the nicest way, but people do it. Because players that go through military areas who know the game, generally are hostile in the military areas, at the min on high alert...unless they haven't learned yet. So really its kind of a free for all. Right?

Edited by CJFlint