ikarosv2

the bus needs to be fixed!

the bus cannot even make it up the smallest of inclines! there is no way to venture out west or to the center of the map with a bus because it has so little power that even if you hit a hill at high speed it stops and slides down the hill backwards! this really needs to be fixed.

Were your wheels all pristine?  I haven't driven a bus yet, but tire quality is very vital in this patch for every other vehicle.

the bus cannot even make it up the smallest of inclines! there is no way to venture out west or to the center of the map with a bus because it has so little power that even if you hit a hill at high speed it stops and slides down the hill backwards! this really needs to be fixed.

I didn't drive a bus myself yet but I assume you down shifted once revs were dropping?

It's when one wheel comes off the ground, you lose all revs and the bus goes backward. It actually will do some pretty steep hills if you can make sure all 4 wheels are always in contact with the ground, but with the long wheelbase that's a mission i agree.

Yes the vehicles in general need a power upgrade IMO (expect for the offroad) , the bus can't even make it up small paved hills under certain circumstances (small hills with large turns in them, the bus always loses power when trying to turn EVEN WHEN PROPERLY DOWNSHIFTING TO LOWER GEARS).

This is something that's fixed by the same experimental bunch , I'm usually glad to help with exp branch but honestly im so frustrated by these vehicles so I am sitting this one out til the fix is up for stable .. Me and my crew have gotten so many vehicles running only to get stuck on small things , invisible things, wheels stuck in the road , not being able to climb small paved hills with twists in the road (even in low gears , and when you're barreling towards a hill at a high gear and downshift when necessary its really just a 50/50 chance if your bus will make it depending on the length and turns in the hill ) . So regardless of them actually being able to drive right now , they truly are more frustration for the average crew just wanting to play - and not trouble shoot the entire play session ...

Yes the vehicles in general need a power upgrade IMO (expect for the offroad) , the bus can't even make it up small paved hills under certain circumstances (small hills with large turns in them, the bus always loses power when trying to turn EVEN WHEN PROPERLY DOWNSHIFTING TO LOWER GEARS).

This is something that's fixed by the same experimental bunch , I'm usually glad to help with exp branch but honestly im so frustrated by these vehicles so I am sitting this one out til the fix is up for stable .. Me and my crew have gotten so many vehicles running only to get stuck on small things , invisible things, wheels stuck in the road , not being able to climb small paved hills with twists in the road (even in low gears , and when you're barreling towards a hill at a high gear and downshift when necessary its really just a 50/50 chance if your bus will make it depending on the length and turns in the hill ) . So regardless of them actually being able to drive right now , they truly are more frustration for the average crew just wanting to play - and not trouble shoot the entire play session ...

Yeah a good chunk of my play sessions with my group any more are getting vehicles unstuck.  I personally find it a fun challenge, but they are definitely a mess.  One of my friends (who was arguably our best driver) refuses to even drive this patch because of how wonky the mechanics are.

It is nice to have goals though, but I do agree it will probably get old even for me pretty quick.

Ya I got an easy double kill in zelenegorsk with my trusty CR527 yesterday on underground when some poor bastards got their bus stuck trying to get it up the hill out of the plaza going north. It's lack of power literally cost them their lives.

i found the secret! if you put the bus in reverse, it can make it up almost any hill no matter how steep. you just have to back up the hill. which makes sense based on the fact the bus is front wheel drive. its easier to push something up a hill than to pull it up a hill.

• Like 3

i found the secret! if you put the bus in reverse, it can make it up almost any hill no matter how steep. you just have to back up the hill. which makes sense based on the fact the bus is front wheel drive. its easier to push something up a hill than to pull it up a hill.

Good to know :)

On the subject of getting vehicles unstuck ...

Thank you, have my beans! My Ikarus got stuck on a curb in Stary Sobor (literally hanging on a 20m curb like it was a wall), I decided to leave it for good, came here and saw your clip. Immediately I logged back and after some 20 minuts of removing and attaching the wheels at random, I finally managed to nudge it enough to pull out. :D

I need to try it, but what I can recommend as working 99% time is driving uphill on the 1st gear all the way up. Just be patient and hold that W, sometimes you go back a few meters but the engine eventually always manages to overcome it. I tried that with many very steep hills in the North and it worked like a charm (well, at 3km/h but still). The only hill I failed to drive up was the western approach to Stary Jar, a very steep area where I eventually fell into a precipice, drove out of it, tried and failed again, this time for good. But I can attest that the bus can do much more than meets the eye.

• Like 1

The bus, and the truck along with the car need to be adjusted. So many problems. Its not anywhere near the feeling of a standard vehicle. I have driven 5 ton trucks, the oldest pieces of junk on the plant and they drive up inclines so much better then the current Standard boxed truck. The bus is horrible but it drives very poorly up inclines. I know buses have very powerful engines. They can and will up hills and steep inclines like normal vehicles. Most Russian made vehicles are quality engines too. So i don't know if this will be the final product or not but everything needs some improvements.

Even with all top parts it doesn't feel right. 29 years i have driven a standard, and most of the vehicles i have will out perform for many years on inclines. They also can power up to 30-40km's in first.

But this is my opinion how it feels. I think we need 10-20kms in first, and 40-50kms in second, third to 70-80 and forth, fifth will excel faster then that on top end speed. Inclines will reduce the driver to 60kms forcing them to reduce gears with a very heavy load.

A car on the other hand will be much faster given they are experienced standard drivers.

I will drive in first person and compare my results when i get a vehicle that actually works. Without Infected forcing the wheels in the ground. Ugly things they are :)

I will drive in first person and compare my results when i get a vehicle that actually works. Without Infected forcing the wheels in the ground. Ugly things they are :)

Oh, is that what happens? My bus was brutalized by a bunch of zeds, so that must have been that. Zed-vehicle interaction is still super buggy, i.e. non-existent. They didn't even damage the tires, just did - something. Was shaking a lot.

Thank you, have my beans! My Ikarus got stuck on a curb in Stary Sobor (literally hanging on a 20m curb like it was a wall), I decided to leave it for good, came here and saw your clip. Immediately I logged back and after some 20 minuts of removing and attaching the wheels at random, I finally managed to nudge it enough to pull out. :D

I need to try it, but what I can recommend as working 99% time is driving uphill on the 1st gear all the way up. Just be patient and hold that W, sometimes you go back a few meters but the engine eventually always manages to overcome it. I tried that with many very steep hills in the North and it worked like a charm (well, at 3km/h but still). The only hill I failed to drive up was the western approach to Stary Jar, a very steep area where I eventually fell into a precipice, drove out of it, tried and failed again, this time for good. But I can attest that the bus can do much more than meets the eye.

Amazing bro!