Flooww123

M4 Spawning in 0.59?

Hey All,

short question:

Is the M4 Spawning in the Current Stable Version ? We have an Own Server and looted around 20 - 30 American Smoking Heli Crash Sites.

Found not an Single M4.. only Aug and other Stuff !!

On no Server i ve heard a M4 Shooting (alwas 50 ppl . PVP Server  .. NWA / CHERNO / ELECTRO)? On the other side we found tons of Augs, Vintorez SVD and so on.

So is the M4 the rarest Weapon atm or is there a loot Bug ?

Thanks in Advance

On my own server someone have an m4. He killed me and I checked the admin log. So I think you're just unlucky. 

I've asked Hicks myself and he said M4s are spawning, but they are indeed rare.

On my own server someone have an m4. He killed me and I checked the admin log. So I think you're just unlucky. 

This is a private hive server right?

I'm thinking that we shouldn't judge private vs public because public shards will have M4s as a total quantity while private ones will have a higher chance to have an M4 or come across with one because the public shards get a smaller piece from the pie while the private shards get a bigger piece from the pie.

Let's say the game decides to spawn an M4, it has many servers to choose when It's public shard, but when It's private, It has only one option and that's the server itself, so it spawns there pretty quickly.
Edited by Yazar8

Can't wait to find an m4 again ... I remember almost 2 February's ago m4s were everywhere , me and my cousins had so many fights all decked out with m4s , i believe they even accepted bipods at that point ... Wow what a different game we play now :0 , I will search for the elusive m4 as well now guys .

• Like 2

2-3 places to look Grape, go to the choppers smokers, Q huts on airfield, and 1 at tent city.

You will need to hunt fast and hop fast if you want to get a chance at M4. We have so many popping into the fresh servers looking for the same.

All i repeat all servers 1-3 people on refresh spawns.

You may have to hop, its the only way to find one since it is rare to begin with. Even smokers are slowing down some. Trashy loot tables.

• Like 1

I've asked Hicks myself and he said M4s are spawning, but they are indeed rare.

This is a private hive server right?

I'm thinking that we shouldn't judge private vs public because public shards will have M4s as a total quantity while private ones will have a higher chance to have an M4 or come across with one because the public shards get a smaller piece from the pie while the private shards get a bigger piece from the pie.

Let's say the game decides to spawn an M4, it has many servers to choose when It's public shard, but when It's private, It has only one option and that's the server itself, so it spawns there pretty quickly.

The loot economy is not spread across multiple servers on the public hive. It's on a per server basis, so chances should be the same.

• Like 5

The loot economy is not spread across multiple servers on the public hive. It's on a per server basis, so chances should be the same.

My assumption was based on what I've heard a year ago, I was told that there will be a fixed amount of M4s at the shard and it won't spawn more than that!

Anyway, I have a few questions if you don't mind answering:

If an M4 spawns and It's picked up and taken away to another server, what happens?

And also, what happens if an M4 spawns and no one picks it up? Does it respawn again at some random time?

Edited by Yazar8

If an M4 spawns and It's picked up and taken away to another server, what happens? The CLE will "calculate" if another M4 should spawn on the server it was taken from. The CLE on the server you bring the M4 to, will not be affected since items in character inventories will not enter the calculation of the CLE: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223307-central-economy/

And also, what happens if an M4 spawns and no one picks it up? Does it respawn again at some random time? Unmanipulated loot has a lifetime of 30 minutes after which it is removed by the cleanup. The server then spawns new loot.

• Like 3

If an M4 spawns and It's picked up and taken away to another server, what happens? The CLE will "calculate" if another M4 should spawn on the server it was taken from. The CLE on the server you bring the M4 to, will not be affected since items in character inventories will not enter the calculation of the CLE: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223307-central-economy/

And also, what happens if an M4 spawns and no one picks it up? Does it respawn again at some random time? Unmanipulated loot has a lifetime of 30 minutes after which it is removed by the cleanup. The server then spawns new loot.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Yep, no problem :)

Isn't 30 mins too quick ? And too taxing on the system ? I would prefer to see one hour and thirty mins despawn timer for unmanipulated items !

Can't wait to find an m4 again ... I remember almost 2 February's ago m4s were everywhere , me and my cousins had so many fights all decked out with m4s , i believe they even accepted bipods at that point ... Wow what a different game we play now :0 , I will search for the elusive m4 as well now guys .

They still accept bipods :)

• Like 2

What counts as unmanipulated loot? Is this chopper crash loot and loot on players bodies that drops in addition to regular loot at loot spawns?

When i was watching wobo's video, he stated he had checked a house hours later and the same loot had been there because it hadn't been removed from its original spawn. I have also noted this to be the case.

No, M4s do not spawn. Hicks can say all he wants. No idea why he would lie about it or whether he just doesnt know it cuz he doesnt play himself that much, but neither M4 nor its parts are spawning.

Just like in 57. The only reaosn a lot of people had M4 in 57 was because it was mass duped across the field. It stopped spawning 2 days after 57 had a hotfix added.

And in 58? No need to comment, quonset hut farming all day for M4s and mass duping as usual.

• Like 1

No, M4s do not spawn. Hicks can say all he wants. No idea why he would lie about it or whether he just doesnt know it cuz he doesnt play himself that much, but neither M4 nor its parts are spawning.

Just like in 57. The only reaosn a lot of people had M4 in 57 was because it was mass duped across the field. It stopped spawning 2 days after 57 had a hotfix added.

And in 58? No need to comment, quonset hut farming all day for M4s and mass duping as usual.

It's no longer spawning in Quonset huts due to loot farming so is only available from crash sites. Each server has 3 crash sites which can be either russian or NATO, stands to reason that it has become massively rare.

Do you have proof it is not spawning? If you don't then I wouldn't go around shouting that people are lying. If you have evidence then post it on the feedback tracker and inform the devs

If a .0001 % chance it spawned, you may find 1 for every 1000 servers for that month.

The only good thing the M4 would prove would be to put it up on the wall and decorate the house with it. Otherwise there is no point in having the m4 spawn at all. The other guns work just fine.

The m4 is a standard military gun, and should spawn 3-4 in all heli spawns. The chances of them being completely damaged? depends on the crash.

So dev's i understand the need for rare items like this, however the logic behind it is not sound. Unless you change the whole idea behind military m4's and that some military grade items spawn in heli and others are rare. Considering it was civilian's who flew the heli to get away. Not really a military heli.

I would not drop the loot from the database though, as the scripters will want to create some other theme for their servers.

If a .0001 % chance it spawned, you may find 1 for every 1000 servers for that month.

Also, there is a 12 hour respawn timer. Once an M4 has spawned, whether it has been picked up or not, another one cannot even be eligible to spawn for another 12 hours.

Also, there is a 12 hour respawn timer. Once an M4 has spawned, whether it has been picked up or not, another one cannot even be eligible to spawn for another 12 hours.

Thats wierd, once there spawned a FAL and I came back 1 hour later and there was a new FAL at the same crashsite.

Thats wierd, once there spawned a FAL and I came back 1 hour later and there was a new FAL at the same crashsite.

You're right. That is weird. Especially since:

1) Crash loot doesn't respawn.

2) Crashes move every hour.

3) I wasn't talking about the FAL. 

You're right. That is weird. Especially since:

1) Crash loot doesn't respawn.

2) Crashes move every hour.

3) I wasn't talking about the FAL. 

Thought there wasnt a difference between the m4 and the fal in this case, my fault.

Thought there wasnt a difference between the m4 and the fal in this case, my fault.

No worries. As far as I know, the M4 is the only item with such a timer.

It's no longer spawning in Quonset huts due to loot farming so is only available from crash sites. Each server has 3 crash sites which can be either russian or NATO, stands to reason that it has become massively rare.

Do you have proof it is not spawning? If you don't then I wouldn't go around shouting that people are lying. If you have evidence then post it on the feedback tracker and inform the devs

I know all of that and probably much more than you. "massively rare"  are you fucking kidding me? You are probably some 10hour noob that only ever found one heli in their lifetime? I did inform the devs and everyone else in the past and all it did was get me banned or ignored for the vast majority of the time. Admittably I was a bit too vocal about it, but please dont talk shit to me from the side like that and go away with your demands. I know what I am talking about. There is no such thing as massively rare. If its there, I WILL find it - if not me, one of the guys in my network. If not, its not there. Simple.

Situation is 1:1 like 57: no m4 parts, no m4.

IME jay is right. I've yet to see an M4, and there have been none traded since 0.59. Some of the trading clans are very, very good at finding things and they have yet to see an M4 in game.

If I remember right, Hicks said that the M4 was spawning after the 0.57 hotfix and it wasn't - those that were in game had been duped/hacked. He was just mistaken - it happens.

The mags spawn and so does the BUIS, but that's it.

• Like 2

Because of the increased heli crash rate, heli loot is definitely not rare.  I've yet to see an m4 myself.

• Like 1