Sign in to follow this  
sneakydudes

Stable .59 good things.

I really like Experimental .59 even though its hard as heck to get ammo, and a few bugs. Its running like a champ on a few known systems. Even some older systems like i3 are running well.

The odd desync which i know will be fixed but a 50 man filled server in cherno getting high fps etc...

I am using the old UI.

Edit

I and many others find stable to be running much better for dual core systems.

What on earth did Dayz Devs do? to make it work so much better.

I changed the title because i think this is a great start, to better things to come.

Edited by TheSneakyDude

I get about 100+ to 200+ in the wide open. with 50 players, i was getting on very high settings 45-69 odd 74

in cherno

Now i do not like this new UI. Its very difficult to use. I recommend using the old ui.

Please don't take me the wrong way, its critical to the game and this is not ready by far.

Infected overloading, + desync the game quite a lot right now, until its fixed.

@Xibaroots, you can play any time you wish being its alpha and you have already paid for it.

if your not happy with the current playing don't load it up. But you might enjoy it. Wait for stable and the desync fixed.

In all honesty i really think .59 will be very good for us. Once the desync is fixed.

Man a damn infected crawled towards my buddy tonight on the roof.... I couldn't hit alt f fast enough to show you all...

A frigging infected crawled LMAO...

Edited by TheSneakyDude

Here is my FPS off the grid.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=572448916

Here is the new UI.

loading ammo was crazy hard.

finding items, so difficult.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/645502556543444244/B5D309D857FF7742D12A8881428BFAAEAD4D83B9/

I understand its alpha, and things will change. I don't want it to go this way with the -newui Its very difficult to use and cumbersome.

I have to be totally honest here guys. Its the wrong direction, and i don't want the devs to work on something people will have issues with.

sorry :(

edit = because i feel guilty, i don't like it.

Edited by TheSneakyDude

The newui is still a WIP and Hicks did just recently say it is programmer art atm, rather than REAL artist art.

• Like 2

Yeah, but looks be damned.

Functionality is key if you're not going to be able to rely on the R key to reload, better accomodate for swift actions.

The newui is still a WIP and Hicks did just recently say it is programmer art atm, rather than REAL artist art.

Yup, like that. I just felt it was right sided, hard to open the items and do things. It could also be desync.

I wont judge it again. Last i speak of it, here. The only time ill address the new UI is when we are in testing for the semi final release.

For now, the old ui is working very well and functions fine. Sometimes things will not show up the same as the new ui would. Such as locked doors etc.. small pad lock on old ui, where as open door 4 type thing, but wont open.

I was saying function is the best thing, and UI is one of the most important thing in any game.

One of our members in the forums brought up a great concept by messing around. I hope we aim for something as well designed look as this. However functions are important.

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230476-a-vision-of-what-dayz-10-could-look-like/

This has to be one of the best ui concepts i have seen in a very long time.

here is another idea someone posted many moons ago

I am sure everything will be awesome.

Edited by TheSneakyDude

and not recommended, which means for the hard of hearing,, don't use.

:facepalm:

• Like 2

and not recommended, which means for the hard of hearing,, don't use.

:facepalm:

B-but the FPS...the sweet, sweet FPS...

I am not sure girth, ill have to play around with both to see what you mean.

Explain what is different?

Also

Please lets keep this to good things in .59 you like. I don't want this into a flaming UI discussion.

-newui means you can remove anything from vehicles with no tools.

Old ui means you need tools and you still won't be able to remove battery and plug (unless that has been ninja patched)

If someone puts a car tire on with the old UI and you use new UI you will not be able to remove said tire, only someone with old UI can and vice versa.

Same thing for any items stored in vehicles. 

I'm still not super happy with the -newui... but the fps increase is nice.... I've also noticed reloading mags for guns may not work with old UI

Edited by Girth Brooks

how many fps? if it isn't above 50 frames i won't even bother coming back to this game.

still 15-30 fps in towns with strong stuttering implicating frame drops down to 6 fps. if i join a server i have to wait up to 1 minute (in towns) till i can move my character without stuttering and textures beeing loaded. just f***ing release the renderer (does he really exists? ) you promised us for 0.59 and stop kidding us with wolf packs and better zombie AI which you pledged 1.5 years ago. stop hoaxing us every game i own by indie developers i own i see more progress in developement. can you please start seriously working on the game  ?

thx

PS: i got a core i7 4790k, gtx 980 with 4gb ram, 16 gb memory and dayz installed on a sdd (used all the tweaks and settings on medium). i can play every game out there atm in ultra settings with steady 60 fps. and please dont tell me the low fps are my fault thx :)

Edited by naturalselection

Is there some option to use Old/New UI?

Might boot up .59 soon/before the weekend to have a squiz.

edit: well just logged in.  Though my sensitivity was fucked up because turning my head/body is like wading through glue.  Turns out i'm running at 6-9fps around Kamenka shores.  Graphics have also reverted to 'god-awful' to the point where trees are oil-painting sprites, my hands don't even render fingers and are bulky quake-like polygons, and i can't actually see inside of sheds, they render as boxes which i walk in to, then can see out from completely as if the walls aren't there (but can see edges and roof OK).

Something borked for me :(  I'll try again later.

Did also Alt+Tab before join though so this may have wrecked something.

Edit2:

Wierd... i've played with graphics options (they all defaulted to Ultra High for some reason, despite rendering at ultra-low quality upon load in, although it was probably such low fps because it was trying to bring everything up to quality standards).  I've set to High for most things, with normal for shadow+sky, normal FXAA and i'm getting maybe 45fps.  Things are rendering a bit funny compared to what i used to get, there are some graphics artifacts, but other than that quite impressed at +20fps.

Just loaded in and got killed by a guy with a machete and bucket hat as freshspawn.  I"M HOME.

melee combat and desync still seem to be a problem.

World containers:  Open wardrobes (found in most houses) store maybe 3x8 slots of items.  Think you can only access from TAB UI (didn't check scroll menu, but don't get a cursor tooltip from looking at them).  Not sure if placing objects in them makes those stored objects 'draw' on the shelves, but i did find propane tanks on the shelves that were not within the storage squares of the wardrobe.  Closed wardrobes, fridges, ovens and bedsides don't appear to function as world containers.  Haven't checked letterboxes.

Will be a good alternative to barrels/tents as you can lock doors, and there's quite a few throughout the majority of urban areas.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

That guy posted a screenshot staring at an EMPTY field in the end of the "world", 277 fps hahahahaha.

That's some sick logic

I like most aspects of ,59 (though, I absolutely hate the hotkey limit... not because I hate a limitation on the hotkeys, but just the manner in which they've chosen to go about it. It's stupid.)

I've been using the new UI for the FPS boost and didn't realize about the tools. I wondered why I was carrying around these tools and didn't need them.

still 15-30 fps in towns with strong stuttering implicating frame drops down to 6 fps. if i join a server i have to wait up to 1 minute (in towns) till i can move my character without stuttering and textures beeing loaded. just f***ing release the renderer (does he really exists? ) you promised us for 0.59 and stop kidding us with wolf packs and better zombie AI which you pledged 1.5 years ago. stop hoaxing us every game i own by indie developers i own i see more progress in developement. can you please start seriously working on the game  ?

thx

PS: i got a core i7 4790k, gtx 980 with 4gb ram, 16 gb memory and dayz installed on a sdd (used all the tweaks and settings on medium). i can play every game out there atm in ultra settings with steady 60 fps. and please dont tell me the low fps are my fault thx :)

Nice name, you may soon come to see the irony in it. I must disagree with you on the framerate for .59, as I have seen improvements. I had gotten a vast improvement for myself, by disassembling and cleaning all of my computer components, and replacing a failing power supply. I also thought my PC was in good working order, until I discovered that it wasn't.

To avoid going too far off topic, I'll add that I have been inordinately lucky with finding vehicle and helicopter crashes.

That guy posted a screenshot staring at an EMPTY field in the end of the "world", 277 fps hahahahaha.

That's some sick logic

Yeah well:

Zombies are in

Helicopters are in (edit) crash sites only, no pilotable heli's.

I'm almost consistant 40-60fps with the occasionally strange 14 stutter.  That was in elektro and out in the wilderness where previous to this patch it was 15-20fps.

The only real way to know for sure is to check yourself (or nuke them from orbit) but i'd encourage you to investigate.

There are old and new bugs still it would appear, but nothing particularly nasty for the average user, unless you're testing full feature.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Yeah well:

Zombies are in

Helicopters are in

I'm almost consistant 40-60fps with the occasionally strange 14 stutter.  That was in elektro and out in the wilderness where previous to this patch it was 15-20fps.

The only real way to know for sure is to check yourself (or nuke them from orbit) but i'd encourage you to investigate.

There are old and new bugs still it would appear, but nothing particularly nasty for the average user, unless you're testing full feature.

Cool info, may i ask what windows are you using atm?

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure about that.  You're talking about being hit by bullets or bullets being in the air without a report being heard by the player?  Can't say as haven't come under fire yet.  That said, it is realistically possible for bullets to impact you/their destination before the sound report reaches your ears (i think).

Suppressors seem to be quite prolific, and the sound works on them.  Again, anecdotes about zombies not registering aggro on VSS (silenced weapon + sub-sonic ammunition) but can't give confirmation personally.

I can say that ambient sounds are still an issue.  There's no 'cling cling crunch crunch zombie zombie' sounds at all hours like there used to be, but 3D sound seems to be semi-functional in that i'll be hearing a zombie on one side of my head, but it's on the other, and if i turn in a circle the sound stays in that ear...

I'm running Win7.  I'd put a video up but i have nfi how to edit shadowplay, and they're all like 2gb files :P

If you can afford the bandwidth and the time, just jump in and give it a whirl.  The other important sys specs are in my signature, but it's running almost on-par with Arma3 performance at the moment (barring bugs and what not... like i said there are quite a few still but none that are particularly impacting for me atm, in the short time i've played 0.59).

Double-check your graphics/display settings and all that when you do go to play though, because all of mine defaulted to ULTRA for some reason, and i was getting like 3fps and it wasn't loading the graphics correct.  I"ve scaled back to High-normal and it's 40-60avg with occasional 14fps stutters as before :)

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Yeah well:

Zombies are in

Helicopters are in

Helicpopters are not in.

• Like 1

Helicpopters are not in.

Sorry,

I should clarify.  That definitely sounds like something i didn't mean it to sound like... :S

Helicoptor crash sites are in and functioning (dropping loot).  No pilotable helicoptors in game yet.

edited original too for clarity.

Edited by q.S Sachiel