Sign in to follow this  
[Outcasts]Massacre

Anybody els noticed the m249 Para is comming?

Here's hoping that it is of modular construction (ie: not found as single unit and requires assembly on the scale of a vehicle), is rare, and can be fired freely from a - preferably wide arc position - on a vehicle.

This is the kind of end-game, squad support weapon that I was waiting for.

SVD/FAL be damned, if a group has this, the guy who carries it will be the sword and shield of a unit.

Also intrigued as to the magnitude of time it is going to take to load 100 odd rounds into the bandolier/box magazine..

Hope it's legit ;)

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 4

I really can't wait for this gun , it's been on my list for ages , ever since the mod (never did find one in the mod) .. I always looked for it In that trash game WarZ (honestly the only good thing in that game , collecting rare weapons and trading them). I know dayz devs will make it rare , probably as rare as SVD or vss to a person who hardly loots heli crashes like me .

I love light machine guns , simply for their chaotic nature , I can't wait to see this thing in action when someone takes it to the streets of elektro and just unloads on the undead (or banditos), it will be a spectacle to see and hear , let alone do !

• Like 1

The beauty of it being that while we're still in alpha, chances are the spawning will be far more frequent than release giving us plenty of time for... err... quality control.  B)

• Like 2

Making this gun modular is a great idea.

I used one in the mod a bit but always preferred M-16's and AK's as they were much easier to keep fed.

The Experimental branch will be the only place this will spawn in higher numbers initially.

Once this beast is set loose on stable they will scale back it's spawn rate significantly.

Considering the state of the game I really don't see much difference between it and an m4/aug with a 60 round mag, or an akm with a 75 drum.

I doubt there will be significant differences in handling.  This thing will just end up being a sprint and spray machine like everything else, except with a bit higher capacity.

I personally feel it was the wrong time to implement it, and I'd rather see lower capacity, slower rate of fire weapons instead to try to curve the go to sprint and hipfire tactics that are prevalent.  At least a little, until they work out their movement and stamina systems.

I used one in the mod a bit but always preferred M-16's and AK's as they were much easier to keep fed.

The Experimental branch will be the only place this will spawn in higher numbers initially.

Once this beast is set loose on stable they will scale back it's spawn rate significantly.

The m249 could use stanag mags in the mod.  When I left the mod there was a big shift there too, especially on mods of the mod like epoch etc where it was easier, to just use LMGs for everything.  Hip firing them and just directing your stream of rounds onto the target, even at a distance.  With LMGs in 7.62 knocking out in a single shot.

I just really hope they try to curve that type of thing, so it's not all rambo engagements.  Right now with the floating crosshair I have no doubt this thing is going to be ridiculously easy to keep on target.
Edited by Bororm

Considering the state of the game I really don't see much difference between it and an m4/aug with a 60 round mag, or an akm with a 75 drum.

I doubt there will be significant differences in handling.  This thing will just end up being a sprint and spray machine like everything else, except with a bit higher capacity.

I personally feel it was the wrong time to implement it, and I'd rather see lower capacity, slower rate of fire weapons instead to try to curve the go to sprint and hipfire tactics that are prevalent.  At least a little, until they work out their movement and stamina systems.

On the other hand automatic weapons are the best thing for taking out zig-zaggers. I would be less inclined to frenetically sprint around in the open if I know my enemy has a belt-fed machine gun.

• Like 3

On the other hand automatic weapons are the best thing for taking out zig-zaggers. I would be less inclined to frenetically sprint around in the open if I know my enemy has a belt-fed machine gun.

The thing is he's going to be sprinting up to you, if you're not sprinting up to him, regardless.

Assuming this fantastic looking piece of equipment is going to be introduced.....

Lets not make it "Modular". How about it spawning in the Police station in Electro next to a brace of fully kitted M4's? M4's spawning on the coast was brilliant in the early days.

Making it extremely rare and in parts will mean the people who should be using it never will and some fully kitted nerd will sit in the black forest admiring it on his own.

The thing is he's going to be sprinting up to you, if you're not sprinting up to him, regardless.

Not once the endurance & weight systems are in game not to mention the foretold character slowdown once more vehicles are around. Humping this around will hopefully be a pain. Well worth it from static positions but not for fast movement.

Not once the endurance & weight systems are in game not to mention the foretold character slowdown once more vehicles are around. Humping this around will hopefully be a pain. Well worth it from static positions but not for fast movement.

Yeah, I'm hopeful.  Which was my original point though, that I would really prefer they'd waited till those systems are in place.

Gews does have a point as well however, and ultimately it's not going to make a huge difference one way or the other, especially with all the other automatics already in place.  I just personally feel that holding off on high capacity mags and weapons (they recently announced a drum mag shotgun as well) would potentially be a better way to go about things.  There's no real reason to add more ways/incentive to the sprint and spray predominance already in place.  But then again, it's alpha and they don't give a shit about balance at this point of development.

Edited by Bororm
  • Like 1

But then again, it's alpha and they don't give a shit about balance at this point of development.

...and that is just it. They have different people working on different things and likely have a person doing weapon models and animations. They are probably done with this weapon and so are simply putting it in the game to work the bugs out of it(like endless ammo clips or animations that break) and not caring about balance at this point. We always have to remember we are not playing a finished game. Trucks were invulnerable for a long time until they could put in the damage systems for them and thus were OP during that period. :)

Also, as others have discussed it does seem to be compatable with STANAG magazines.  May be jumping the gun, if you'll excuse the pun, on high cap mags for it at this point.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

You do realize in the mod that the M249 could use the M16's STANAG magazines right lol?

You do realize in the mod that the M249 could use the M16's STANAG magazines right lol?

Sure.

It still meant having an obnoxious amount of ammo if you wanted to use the drum mags in full auto a lot.

Which I thought was most of the fun of getting a SAW....

It'll be great for mowing down zombies if/when they ever get added. But for now, mowing down squads at 300m will have to suffice.

Sure.

It still meant having an obnoxious amount of ammo if you wanted to use the drum mags in full auto a lot.

Which I thought was most of the fun of getting a SAW....

I remember one time a buddy and I both had SAWs and just went full auto, 200 rounds each for 400 total, on some poor sap hiding under one of those impenetrable trees.  We knew we weren't actually going to hit him till he got out from it, but I can just imagine how he must have felt from that.

• Like 1

I once ran with an MG only squad of about 4 guys, lying down on Pik Kozlova between Cherno and Elektro... Good god anyone who came waltzing down the highway or driving down it must have been absolutely horrified. 2 of us had SAWs, one a MK48 and I had an M240 lol.