ghostslayer

Complaints

Hello

How is everybody today

i have some current complaints about this game that i would like to see be addressed or atleast explained to me on why they have been changed, i have had this game since release, it was great fun, enjoyed playing with my mates, enjoyed killing some bandits, bambis  and heroes and i enjoyed experiencing DayZ again in a new fresh way since the mod, looking past all the bugs, even though the game was extremely buggy at the time and still is, i enjoyed playing it, i enjoyed interacting with the people i would meet and making new friends

but at this current state of the game i just can't get the same feeling out of the game, i had a 5month break from it and decided to get back into it the other day, now i find it exteremly hard to even find loot, everything i find is clothes, food, or melee weapons, i barley can find a decent gun, maybe i just havn't found out all the new loot spawns yet, another complaint i have is that the character runs like a complete idiot, he runs like a monkey, i dont understand why this changed because the previous animations where fine, this is including the complete overhaul of the gun running and raised animations, basically every animation they have added in looks very very odd, also the new popping viewmodel of when the character runs, is not needed, its just annoying, they should just revert everything back to the way it was when the game was first released and just add content and fix content and it would be great.

also forgot to mention how bad the ragdolls are

thanks

(p.s no troll this time dont move me to graveyard) 

Edited by DayZHero123
  • Like 1

Well if you follow the forums these issues have been addressed numerous times in various other incarnations of these very same topics.

• Like 1

Well if you follow the forums these issues have been addressed numerous times in various other incarnations of these very same topics.

ive already searched mate, cant seem to find anything about the animations and why they where changed

ive already searched mate, cant seem to find anything about the animations and why they where changed

New engine is being put in so allot of stuff is currently just place holders.

• Like 1

You're playing a broken game that is in alpha that is constantly going to change has no zombies and is not feature complete. The game isn't even finished and people are already burning themselves out on it. Do NOT play DayZ until it is finished and find something else to play - you're only going to ruin it for yourself. Keep an eye on the change logs for anything that looks like it's worth checking out but playing it like it's a complete game like some people do I don't get - by the time it's a finished product they won't be playing. The woefully shortsighted completion date of the new rendering engine is something to complain about, things like animations are not (which are getting changed anyway afaik) and the loot system is going to be all over the place whilst it gets tested and it's not going to be guns all over the place. I see you're embracing the true survival aspect of the game. The things I want to be finding first is rope, a stick and a burlap sack so I can make a backpack before I find a bigger one plus an axe.

Thinking about the improvised back pack, should it carry a little bit more in both its variants?

• Like 1

They had to go backwards to move forwards.

We are only testing specific loot drops in .58

Have you loaded up .59 experimental? new things in this, and a ton of buggy things they are reviewing now before release to stable.

Only makes sense, happy they are doing it this way. Now the real testers can submit the bugs.

Came here to poke the troll but was surprised at OP's new revised posting tactics, kudos.

Yeah all the animation stuff is gonna look a bit weird until the new rendering system is properly introduced. Wait until the game is finished then make your points about how it looks i guess.

Potentially check out Experimental branch for a change, or as has been mentioned just play occasionally to help with testing until the game is released.

• Like 2

Yeah all the animation stuff is gonna look a bit weird until the new rendering system is properly introduced. Wait until the game is finished then make your points about how it looks i guess.

This is correct.

Animations have always been clunky and awkward in RV engine. Anyone that played the earlier iterations of DayZ mod in Arma 2 will remember the horrifying ordeal that was trying to vault over a fence while being chased by infected... I think we're going to have to wait for the new renderer until we can properly pass judgement on animations.

This is correct.

Animations have always been clunky and awkward in RV engine. Anyone that played the earlier iterations of DayZ mod in Arma 2 will remember the horrifying ordeal that was trying to vault over a fence while being chased by infected... I think we're going to have to wait for the new renderer until we can properly pass judgement on animations.

That and the NEW ANIMATION SYSTEM.

• Like 1

when is that planned to release?

Dunno. Ask Hicks. Last I heard they were still rewriting actions and such. I won't pretend to know what half the shit they tell us means.

• Like 1

I dont believe it was ever intended that decent loot, especially guns and ammo be easy to find. You might have to search and get away from the coast a bit more but the equipment is still there.