TedZ

DayZ is peaceful

I'm Rev and I haven't played the mod until recently, and I got SA as a gift and I have to say it's probably the worst community I have ever seen in a game to date. I have helped 3 people just to have them kill me after, and countless deaths to people (while unarmed) just because... I guess. there is no social interaction and no camaraderie just COD kids killing everyone they find. I really hope this continues, then we can put this sad game to bed. I'm glad it was a gift so I won't feel sorry for not playing it any longer. To all you social shut ins that enjoy this game, go outside from time to time, talk to people; maybe then you won't feel the need to kill everyone in a SURVIVAL game. shesh, children always ruin good games, and age has nothing to do with acting like a child.....

Not everyone is like this. Granted, player interaction seems quite rare but around 25 hrs in and I've encountered both good and bad.

Every community has it's children dude  :rolleyes: just play the game how you want to play.

Not everyone is like this. Granted, player interaction seems quite rare but around 25 hrs in and I've encountered both good and bad.

Every community has it's children dude  :rolleyes: just play the game how you want to play.

here here

I'm Rev and I haven't played the mod until recently, and I got SA as a gift and I have to say it's probably the worst community I have ever seen in a game to date. I have helped 3 people just to have them kill me after, and countless deaths to people (while unarmed) just because... I guess. there is no social interaction and no camaraderie just COD kids killing everyone they find. I really hope this continues, then we can put this sad game to bed. I'm glad it was a gift so I won't feel sorry for not playing it any longer. To all you social shut ins that enjoy this game, go outside from time to time, talk to people; maybe then you won't feel the need to kill everyone in a SURVIVAL game. shesh, children always ruin good games, and age has nothing to do with acting like a child.....

hahaha :D thats how DayZ is.

But thats not true, i joined a Server with some friendly People on it, they helped me alot ingame and thanks to these guys i got used to this game real fast. So not all of the DayZ-Players are assholes ^^

Hi all,Finally got the mod to work after a couple weeks LoL.Started playing Arma 3 first about 8 months ago.Really enjoy the series so far.

In game I'm Scott,only have 1 day in so far,so still creeping around trying to get supplies :beans:

See ya ingame.

Hi all, I'm Miguel mostly known as "Migz" from Denmark ;)

I am a PC and PS Gamer, I play DayZ since December last year, I started to play to enjoy the ride with my friends and pretty sure we are still enjoying :thumbsup:

My status about in-game, hmm dunno really? :P

But what I do know is I have quite nice supplies, M4A1, 1911 Pistol, CR75, Medi Kit ( full of supplies , Defibrilator, Binoculars, Compass, Rag's and a lot of food and drinks :beans:  ( Took me since December - character deletes <_< to get all this stuff )

Currently trying to keep alive with friends in a Military Base, trying to find survivors to help, and survivors to group with :D

See ya in- game , perhaps add me, migz1999 :lol:

Edited by MigzPT

Hello I'm Carolyn, I'm still pretty new to the standalone but I have most of the basics down as of right now. I don't really have a set way to play, but I do enjoy teaming up with other's to help make the struggle a bit easier. Well that's my introduction nice to meet everyone! ^.^ 

• Like 2

Whats up bros. Names Chris. Ive been watching videos of this damn game for almost a year now....both the mod and the stand alone....and decided it was finally time to bite the bullet and get it. 

So heres my deal. Im a huge FPS fan. Love anything on Xbox One (which I havent played anything since Titanfall) and this is actually my first attempt at PC gaming.

I would love to get together with some fellow newbies or seasoned veterans and play this game. I literally played for about an hour already, and have found nothing but an axe and some food. Im COMPLETELY new to the Arma/DayZ experience.

If you want to add me on steam, and tackle this game, feel free to add me.

My steam account is xxxcritter03xxx

Thanks guys!

I am Assault. I have always loved DayZ and have bared playing the Mod on low-settings and 10 FPS with my god-awful computer. Now that DayZ SA was released, I tossed in some money and got myself a nice computer so I can emerse myself more in the game. So yeah, hallo peoples!

Hey guys

I'm only got the game yesterday had a couple of hours on it and I'm loving it! Can't wait for my week off work so I can really get in to it :) add me on steam RUFCadam

Hey guys

I only got the game yesterday had a couple of hours on it and I'm loving it! Can't wait for my week off work so I can really get in to it :) add me on steam (RUFCadam) and let's team up

Hi i am from germany Hamburg

30 years old

been playing dayz "MOD" since like April 2012 up to May 2013 very frequently with over 1.000 of gameplay with various buddy I meet online

we had a camp multiple vehicle tons of rare stuff and been wiped and killed most frequently to hackers.

I Left DayZ for quite a while and always watching the news and updates on the Standalone,

now I just recently went into the zombie-player slashing fun on June 12th > bought the game and already like 30 Hours on my list

Just bought into the game as I saw the 0.45 Update Logs regarding looting, new engine, and animals and stuff!

died couple of time on regular 2x times shoot by hostile players

died couple of time on hardcore 3 x times shoot by bandits

really there is alot of missing I had fun with on the mod

I would be really glad if barricading and generall severbased "storage" would be aviable soon

since there is no way to "save" stuff yet

Hello everyone,

31 year old female from Michigan. I've followed dayz for the last year and a half or so but didn't have arma. I was ecstatic when SA came out. I've been playing it for a few months now. It's definitely the game I've been waiting for. Even tho it's just an alpha right now I love every second of it. I've been kos a million times but I've also met cool people that helped me out. I look forward to playing many many hours of this game.

If anyone wants to hit me up Steam names CrystalGrimm710. In game name is ZhEaD.

Hi, 

i'm  a 17 year old male living in Colorado originally from Hawaii, i have $183 that I'm saving but I play the mod and in the mod on a server I'm currently holed on a roof of a fire station idk where I am but I see a tank display. I was brought to the fire station by a helicopter and i tried to find people but I was afraid to move cuz there were so many zombies. I was killed only once by a group of zombies when I saw a power station and tried to sneak around the zombies and failed.

if anyone wants to play with me my steam is http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198035332974/home in the mod i'm Austyn I haven't bought standalone edition yet

Edited by Levishadow

Hey guys, It has been fun running with you as a guest, guess it is time to make it lagit. 

Let mortal futures perish,

And let the dark skies burn.

For all shall quench the hunger,

Of my tormented soul.

For I am not within,

Pathetic, futile flesh.

I AM the Grave Volkier,

And thou shall know my wrath!

Yeah I know, it's kind of corney and gimmicky and all that, but it stuck since my adolescent self came up with over ten years ago, and seems to suit the theme.

I've played DayZ mod quite extensively - however, unfortunately the server I played on went down, and everything else just felt too gimp (I live in New Zealand, so we have a very limited amount of good servers - for both standalone and the mod). I play mostly on Hardcore servers, not because I'm hardcore (I actually a very shy and.... stuff.....), but I find third person wall scouting tends to devalue the survival "what's behind the next corner" experience - as you kinda know exactly what's behind that corner before actually physically being present. However I am not a snob and have nothing against regular third person view servers either (if anything, I can see the benefits and unique experiences both types of playstyles provide), and would actually say I play where-ever the few friends that I have play themselves. Which is usually Hardcore. Though none of them are hardcore either. (Honestly - who came up with those names? Couldn't they just call them "first person" servers?)

I tend to try and play the experience of surviving in DayZ, rather than specifically trying to find people to shoot at. I tend to not shoot on sight, and try to make conversation after observing the other person and waiting patiently for them to finally get to within earshot, because I have no friends and feel very very lonely amongst the zombie apocalypse wasteland. This normally gets me killed with friendship bullets. A lot. Except for this one time when I snuck up on someone looting crap, and demanded they be my friend at gunpoint. We had a great time, except I've not seen that guy ever again. I do have some vague suspicions that he would have probably shot me and taken my shoes if he's seen me first. I don't know why, but just have this hunch.

I am told I am clinically insane, but the doctors disagree, saying that my condition is beyond their professional skills and understanding. I like to ramble about random crap (as I'm sure you've all figured out by now after reading above) I like scavenging berry bushes (not the ones that make you piss blood after eating them), making friends with friendship bullets, sunsets that signal a server reset and thus more phat lewt, and long walks on the beach - though not as much when they are a result of a bug or a glitch instead of getting shot by another player. Which happens 95% of the time.

If there are any other NZ / AU players who want some company, or to handcuff, have their way with me and take my shoes, you can probably find me on Steam. Same username, and same avatar pic. Or a similar one. I really can't remember.

See you all in Cherno! (As usual, just before you shoot me in the face)

Edited by Volkier
  • Like 1

Hi guys! I'm a new player and also a new streamer for the game! If you'd like to see my first look I'll possibly play it tonight or tomorrow. I've heard some really good thing so I'm excited to support the pre-beta and discover this game! 

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rageypoo

-Ragey

• Like 1

HI guys,

Like DayZ alot, think it will be way more fun if you group up with people or actually get a change to ran into people bit more often (without getting a instant HS from a far away bush). Im almost always online with 1-3 friends, we like to group up try to get equipped and start scavenging in area along the coast from Komiwobo to balota airstrip. The more players the more fun imo feel free to add me on steam: analgamer. also in to joining other people to experience how they live/play the game.

greets

I have been experiencing the same over and over again at start. To he point im running around paranoid with a loaded gun scouting every fucking bush in order to stay the fuck alive once for more then couple of hours. i guess this is what all players go through at first, get toxic and start doing the exact same thing they hated so much to begin with.. I guess we need that change of mindset. 

yay! comic sans! Ok, i'm drago and i've started to play these days, and i liked the game. Don't killed any zombies, and don't killed any players. I have a IZH-43 shotgun, so much 7.62 bullets of different types, 2 double rifle snaploaders, Magnum .357, and pistols and m4 bullets. I dont like to play alone, i feel that i'm going to die, so anyone please come with me. I'm on this server: CA.DrunkenRebels.com at the fire station of the Elektro power point. So plz anyone come play with me. thx! :)   

****EDIT****

Someone killed me, and i losed everything. :( but i'm on electro again, but on the city, and i have a axe and a vitamin bottle, but i'm in a rasta house looking for some things and loot, but play with me! :D

Edited by dr4gondayZ

Tobias Winfro, been playing Dayz since the mod and playing standalone since day1. I haven't been Tobias in game since the mod, generally friendly unless you piss me off or my clanmates want to do some killing. Been gaming since the 80's, mainly adventure and shooters but I will throw in an RTS when the mood suits me. I tend to smoke way too much of the cheeba when I play so I'm rarely ever serious.

• Like 2

Hello I'm Deltronzero, (Deltron in game) have been trying to play for a few hours now and have met more bandits then friendlies :(. which is fine its the nature of the beast i suppose. 

Hello everyone I'm supafuzzy48 in steam but you can call me fuzzy I'm looking for plp to play with I'm not the bandit type but I will kill before being killed good at team play so if there is anyone needing a survival buddy I'm your guy I have Mic so hit me up on steam and your you on the other side

Hello everyone my name is Dan 30yrs old, live in the UK play from around 8pm gmt im WarriorRim in game and on steam if anyone wants to add me to join up sometimes, i generally play lonewolf, friendly, i have never kos i always talk first which has got me killed more times than not, only ever killed one person, and i to like roleplay, i have a mic and teamspeak so can communicate well if needed,

thanks guys/gals :D

Greetings and salutations to all of our new members! I am your friendly neighborhood wookie and I have brought you all bags of generic corn chips and stamps to celebrate your arrival!  :o

I just started playing three days ago.  Despite the bugs, the servers that don't sync, the physics model that defies explanation at times, the zombies that can't see my writing kick me on their buts, the zeds that see me from 5 miles away through near solid concrete, the guides out there that aren't updated to wean out now-bad advice, coming back from a brief ctrl-esc out only to see the message "my leg hurts" and "You are dead," and despite all the posters in here I lurked on telling the rest of us everything works great for them so therefore it is impossible we have had any problems... despite all of that I find this game addicting. 

My first PC game was on an Apple IIE. If you think you will outgrow PC gaming, hahaha, think again.