Sign in to follow this  
sushimaster

Reloading WIP: Uncocked hammers don't click

And no half cocked position either lol

hmmm...

haaa...

Another game breaker, I'm off to play pong, at least that has enough pings per pong, pingpong, pingpong pingpong pam !

You are dead...

• Like 1

Got to love a good cock.

Quoted just in case he edits. This is for you BeefBacon you just leveled up :

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/HughLaurie-house-mushroom-PeterDinklage-dwarf-1337652642L.gif?id=169

Yeah must admit the old "dead man's click" is one of my pet peeves in video games. Would be cool if one day DayZ was realistic in this fashion.

• Like 3

Got to love a good cock.

you like the halfcockED?

Edited by TheSneakyDude

More importantly you also cannot see the fore sight when you look through a scope. Or the whole world around you like that.

More importantly you also cannot see the fore sight when you look through a scope. Or the whole world around you like that.

The part about seeing the world around you while looking through a scope isn't necessarily true, it depends if you open the other eye really doesn't it :thumbsup:

Ah man i just watched the DevTracker WIP video, and yeah that is really irritating. It may not be game breaking, but for god sake someone please consider just turning off that noise..

Edited by KenoSkir88

The part about seeing the world around you while looking through a scope isn't necessarily true, it depends if you open the other eye really doesn't it :thumbsup:

no it depends on the design of the scope only wide open scopes can give you a picture through the scope and what's arround it that is compatible. No 4 power scope can.

no it depends on the design of the scope only wide open scopes can give you a picture through the scope and what's arround it that is compatible. No 4 power scope can.

Actually, i have a 12x scope. I can see through it to varying degrees with my eye anywhere from touching the scope rim to about 5 inches back. I can close my left eye for focus or i can use my left eye as normal to watch the periphery while still seeing the magnified image through my right, bit like a reflex sight. If it's a very bright sun shiny day and i'm at just the wrong angle i may have to snug my eye up to the scope a little (not even that close) to add some shadow and reduce reflections, other than that i am pretty well aware of my closer surroundings while i'm looking down the scope.

if you can focus the cross hair and target through a 12 power scope and at the same time see what is going on around you, then you are an amazing person.

But your not, you just do not know what your talking about and like to hear yourself type.

You can aim and focus with both eyes opened but you can only focus only one thing at a time. So I'd say both of you talk true. Think if you're gaming and you've those 3D scopes like RO has. When you want to shoot you aren't focused on the outside of the scope but you can watch it if you want, you'll just likely lose the target easily if it moves. What's wrong in DayZ was it ACOG scope (and all Arma 3 scopes) is that the outer part is also zoomed in and that's not right.

I'm game for any opportunity to promote anything Red Orchestra / Tripwire Interactive related.

So if any of you believe you are firearm experts I suggest you take a look at how passionate real gunnutz operate, mostly older weapons but if you make a mistake or assume something that is false you will be shot on sight without pity or mercy !

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=96

if you can focus the cross hair and target through a 12 power scope and at the same time see what is going on around you, then you are an amazing person.

But your not, you just do not know what your talking about and like to hear yourself type.

I don't think he meant he could target as well with both eyes open, but it really isn't hard to do relatively well after you've tried it a few times. Go give it a try.

More on topic:

I think the uncocked hammer clicks are more for player feedback. Imagine if you shot your recently loaded shotgun once only to find that you could no longer fire, and nothing seemed to indicate that anything was amiss. Although I agree. Realistically, no cocks, no clicks.

Edited by CornProducts

The screen shot, and the game allow you to have a target in the crosshairs totally in focus and ready to shoot, and the whole periphery in focus for clear observation. As I said this is nonsense.

The only scopes that can accomplish that are designed for it, and they have very low powers wide angle and typically long eye relief. And those scopes are not in the screen shot.

-- my bad someone can delete this post. Somehow managed to type up a post for the wrong topic. That's what I get for having so many tabs open, lol.. --

Edited by Arduras