Sign in to follow this  
kataro

A little question .. why MP5 and UMP and not Bizon SMG ?

Why not put the bizon SMG in the game , this gun fits perfectly in style and history of the game ???  Mp5 and Ump are nato/west weapons

" The Bizon was developed at the request of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD)[3] and is primarily intended for counter-terrorist and law enforcement units that usually need fast and accurate fire at close ranges. Prototypes were trialed by the Special Equipment Research Institute in 1995 where they outperformed several competitors, and the weapon was accepted into service on December 28, 1996. The Bizon is issued to armed response units of the Federal Security Service (FSB) and Ministry of Justice. It was used in combat operations against separatists in the volatile North Caucasus region, namely Chechnya and Dagestan. "  Wikipédia.

PP-19_Bizon_right_view.jpg

law enforcement units  = police stations and police car .....

• Like 2

The MP5 and UMP are far more common in Eastern European countries than the Bizon is, use ammunition already in game, and are more well known.

• Like 1

Oh no. The bizon.. Because who wants to find an M14, DMR, FN FAL with a nightvision scope in a helicrash if you can find a silenced weak smg with 64 clipsize.

• Like 1

Took a gander at the Wikipedia page. Uses 9mm and .380 auto, both of which are in-game. I think it can also mount AK optics.

Actually super in favour of this.

• Like 1

Yah Bizon can use the same ak optics and silencer , and a 64x .380 is not weak in a CQC situation against  weapons with 25 or 30 cartridges, in many videos of Dayz,,, we can see several times the player emptied the entire magazine without killing the enemy, i this situation Bizon has a huge advantage.

I believe the bizon was on one of the long forgotten "dev approved weapons" list... I sincerely believe we will see it before release at the rate of speed they have at adding firearms lately! Bizon is one of my favorite SMGs =)!

Hello there

Im a fan of the Bizon and hope to se it.

But as to why, there is a great post elsewhere by the devs explaining why we have the weapons we have and although it seems counter intuitive it is more "realistic" than one expects.

Rdgs

LoK

loved the bizon in the mod, was awesome to clear out zombies, pretty accurate and silenced (though i don't know if the 9x18mm rounds are subsonic)

the only problem was getting ammo for it, which wouldn't be that much of a problem when it uses the .380 auto rounds in the Standalone

Took a gander at the Wikipedia page. Uses 9mm and .380 auto, both of which are in-game. I think it can also mount AK optics.

Actually super in favour of this.

The Bizon is definitely among the better high capacity SMGs they could add, and considering the ammunition selection it's probably the most likely (the PPSh-41 and FN P90 would both work fine as well but the devs are pretty averse to adding either of their calibers.)

The 9x19mm version is basically a PP-19-01 Vityaz with 35 round magazines in a standard Bizon receiver, though. Only the .380 variant actually retains the 64 round helical magazine of the 9x18 version.

But OP's post is sort of wrong because the Bizon is a lot more specialized and far less common than the MP5 or UMP series of SMGs, even in Eastern Europe.

I got seven MAC-11s, about eight .38s, nine 9's, ten MAC-10s the shit never ends. You cant touch my riches, even if you had MC Hammer and the .357 bitches.

I'd like to see it eventually but I don't think the game currently needs any more high capacity spray machines considering the state of pvp.  Of course, this comment comes at the same time an LMG was announced, so the devs clearly don't give a shit about that issue.

Edited by Bororm